Chapter 22

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Compared to the first event last month, the crowd today is doubled. Even students from other universities skipped their classes just to watch this special event. News about Jungyeon, JYP’s most popular charismatic student spread like wildfire. People are entranced because of her voice during her duet performance with Nayeon. Because of it she gains more supporters even from other schools. Jungyeon is currently sitting behind Momo, biting her thumb, Momo noticed her tense expression, the blonde girl held her hands and smile at Jungyeon, reassuring her.

“It doesn’t matter if we win or not, just enjoy it Jungyeonnie.”

“But I know you want to get those extra credits.” Jungyeon said.

“Yes, but its okay. As long as we enjoyed, win or lose it’s enough for me that you agreed on this.”

Jungyeon smiles at the blonde, when they heard that they are the next one.

 

Jungyeon’s POV

The both of us came out from the backstage, loud screams from the crowd greeted us. All I can hear is Jungyeon fighting! Jungyeon I’m your fan! Jungyeon Saranghae! I’m happy, people supports me. I scan the whole area and I ended up looking at the second row. And there, I spotted my younger sister, my friends, Mina and the love of my life. The one who always takes my breath away, the one who makes my heart beats rapidly. Im Nayeon, she is looking at me while smiling, mouthing something.

Jungie, fighting !

I returned her smile. Momo are already on her position. I nodded at her and the stage becomes dark. The song started, and it’s my solo part. The lights on that stage came back, spotlight on me. I am wearing a white v neck shirt and a plaid black shirt, paired with jagger pants and chuck taylor’s converse. I am also wearing a black homburg hat, since I need it due to the choreography.

Girl, just let your hair down
Let's paint the whole town
Life is our playground, yeah
But I'm not a kid no more
So I must open doors and make you feel like the lady you are
My momma raised me to be classy, not flashy
I'm happy to please you
Though I can tell that's not what you're used to

I perfectly executed the choreography; I am acting like a gentleman towards Momo who is sitting at a chair while reading a book trying to impress her.

And they say (They say) chivalry is dead
(Dead, Dead)
Girl, let a real man pick up the slack
And treat you with respect, yeah

I lifted a small part of my t shirt showing my toned stomach, making the crowd go wild.

And you don't have to love me
Love me, Love me
You don't have to love me
Love me, Love me
Just 'cause I'm a gentleman don't mean
I ain't taking you to bed

The chorus part is my favorite; I am holding my hat on my right hand while my left hand is dug inside my pocket. I swayed my hips, left to right. I bite my lower lips then made an eye contact with Momo who is now staring back at me.

Ahhh, baby let me buy your meals
I see you're head over heels
I feel like you deserve it
There's no pressure
We can do whatever makes you comfortable, yeah
I could float your boat
If you're cold take my coat
I'll sing a music note from a song that I just wrote
Girl, just take my hand
And let me be your man
Though that's not what you're used to

I approached Momo and take her hand; she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter