Onew: Poison

The Curse

A/N: Sorry for the very long wait, had school project/ reports and finals to do/ study for. Good news is I am finally out of school for the summer so expect faster updates :). Anyways thank you commenting and I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

                                              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Eat!", Jonghyun told Jinki as they sat on the dinner table.

Onew was feeling anxious, hopeless, and sad.He had completely lost his appetite, he had never been this depressed, he was constantly thinking about Key."I'm not hungry!".

"You haven't eaten anything since you came here.", he smiled as he brought his chopstick close to his mouth as he tried to feed him,"Eat.".

He slapped his hand away; making Jonghyun drop the chopsticks,"I'm not hungry!".

Jonghyun banged the table with his fist; his expression full of anger,"Clean that up!".

Onew had heard him clearly but he remained seated, he was tired of hearing Jonghyun's voice. He preferred being in Ryeowook's home prison than being there with him.

"I order you to clean it up!",he yelled at him;grabbing a fist full of his hair, dragging him out of his seat. 

Onew winced as Jonghyun pulled him by his hair towards the mess. As soon as he let him go he fell to his knees; rubbing his head to sooth the pain.

"Jinki I don't want to hurt you, you're my best friend I love you.".

"I'll I feel towards you it's hate.". Jinki was full of anger and resentment towards him.

He grabbed a fist full of his hair again, yanking his head back as he stared at him straight in the eyes,"Trust me with time that's going to change. So be a good bunny and obey me. If you don't you aren't the only one that is going to get hurt.".

Onew knew exactly what he meant, the image of Jonghyun hitting Key with his cane replayed in his head over and over again. His vision began to blur as his hand uncontrollably began to shake. A great surge of fear swept through him, he didn't want him to get near Key. He came to the realization that he had to obey Jonghyun whether he was ordered to or not. He grabbed a napkin and pick up the food that had dropped; wiping away the mess in the process.

"That's a good bunny.", he smile,"Now go throw that away and sit down to finish your dinner.".

He stood up and went to throw everything away as he tried his hardest not to cry, he didn't want to give Jonghyun the satisfaction of seeing him defeated. He washed his hands, dried them; taking a deep breath to calm himself as he then went back to his seat. He gagged as he forced feed himself, each bite more hard to swallow than the last.

"Sir.", one of Jonghyun's personal servants walked in,"Taemin is securely lock inside his house.", she informed him as she knelt down before him.

"You may leave.", he told the servant as he took a sip of his wine.

"Why did you lock Taemin in his home?!", Onew asked afraid that he had found out that Taemin gave him Key's necklace. The necklace was the only thing keeping him sane, it was the only thing that made him feel close to Key.

"You know exactly why I locked him up.".

"I take full responsibility for everything, if you are going to punish someone punish me.", he got off his seat and knelt down before him.

"I didn't lock him up as punishment, I locked him up to  prevent him from getting near you. I was afraid that he would give you a message from Kibum, but I see from your reaction that he already has.", he glared at him,"Where is it? What did he gave you? What did he say?".

"He didn't give me anything.", he lied realizing his mistake. Jonghyun had set a trap for him and like an idiot he felt for it."I told Taemin to tell Key I loved him, I didn't receive anything from him. I initiated everything so if you are going to punish someone punish me.".

Jonghyun sighed,"I'm going to let this one slide, you are confused and you think you need Kibum, but I'm going to show you you are perfectly fine without him.".

"Does that mean you are going to let Taemin out?".

"No, Taemin is going to remain at home. I'll allow him to leave his house for school and that's it.", he informed him,"I can't risk him getting near you. I need you to completely forget about Kibum, you are too good for him. He doesn't deserve someone like you.".

"Key is a wonderful person, I,".

"Wonderful?", he interrupted him."You don't know him, you don't know what he has done.".

"I don't care what he has done, I love him.".

"Don't let yourself be fooled by love. I don't want him to hurt you.".

"You constantly hurt  yourself and everyone one around you. You're pathetic, you,".

"You really think I'm pathetic?", he interrupted him once again.

Onew saw the hurt in Jonghyun's eyes, the sad expression on his face brought him so much joy. He wanted to hurt him,he wanted him to feel pain, but he remained quiet. He knew if he answered truthfully Jonghyun would hurt Key.

He got off his seat,"Finish eating, I'll wait for you in the living room.".

As soon as Jonghyun left he stopped eating, feeling relieved that he didn't have to take another bite. As he sat there finally having a moment to himself he started thinking about Key. He wondered if he was healing alright, if he was feeling better. He wished he could be with him to take care of him.

"Hello, are you done with that?", one of Jonghyun's maid asked; startling Onew.

"Yes, but I'll take care of it.", he smiled. He still wasn't use to people waiting on him hand and foot, it felt too awkward for him. 

"Nonsense it's my job, I'll take care of it.", she insisted as she then took Onew's plate along with Jonghyun's.

"Do you need any help?".

"No, I'll take care of everything.".

Onew got up from his seat, he didn't want to go with Jonghyun but he didn't want to get in her way either. "Thank you.", he smiled at her as he then started to walk towards the living room.

"It's a real shame that you can't be with Kibum. You two made such a lovely couple.".

He stopped right in his tracks, finding it weird to hear that from one of Jonghyun's personal maids.

"If only there was a way to break the curse.", she commented as she began to clean.

"Do you know how to break the curse?", Onew walked up to her,"Tell me everything you know.".

"I don't know how to break the curse, to be honest I think it's unbreakable.", she smiled as she leaned closer to him,"But I do know a way you can make yours, Kibum's and everyone else's life better.".

"How?", he didn't fully trust her and he found the situation a bit weird. Part of him thought it was all a set up by Jonghyun but he was desperate, he wanted to get back to Key as soon as possible.

She reached into her apron pocket,"Well I have.".

"What are you doing talking to her?", Jonghyun walked into the kitchen interrupting their conversation.

"I was offering to help her.", Onew answered, hoping Jonghyun didn't hear any of their conversation. 

"She doesn't need your help! Stop wasting her time and mine.", he grabbed Onew's hand,"Come on we're going for our walk in the garden!".

Onew snatched his hand away, as he walked beside him towards the garden. He remained silent as he kept on thinking about what the maid told him. By the way Jonghyun acted when he saw him talking to her he was certain she knew something. 

"I really like days like these.", Jonghyun commented looking up at the sky, as he firmly grabbed Onew's hand again.

"What's so special about it?", he asked as they entered the garden.

"We're together.", he smiled as he led him through the garden.

Onew knew exactly were he was taking him. When he first started living with Jonghyun and his family, Jonghyun's parents allowed them both to plant a tree and some flowers in the garden. Sitting under that tree was and had always been Jonghyun favorite place in the garden.

"Why do you look so gloomy?", Jonghyun pouted,"Smile.".

Onew forced a smile,"Happy?".

"Yes because I like seeing you smile, even if it's forced.", he sighed,"Do you remember when we planted this tree?".

"Of course I remember.".

"Don't you wish we could go back to that time?", he asked as he sat down under the tree.

"No!".

"You say that now but you were happy living here with me.".

"I was a child at that time I didn't understand I was your prisoner.".

"You were not my prisoner!".

"If that were true than why wasn't I allowed to go out and play with our friends. You separated me from Key and everyone else.".

"I wasn't allowed to play with anyone else but you. If you would have left I was going to be alone.".

"Why weren't you allowed to play with anyone else?", he was surprise to hear that.

"Because I was the god! I was only allowed to play with you because you lived with us, and even that had its restrictions. ", he looked down avoiding eye contact with him.

At that exact moment as he heard Jonghyun speak Onew recalled something. He saw himself running through the garden as a child, muddy shoes and all. He and Jonghyun had just finished planting the sapling and they wanted to plant some more. He ran as fast as he could towards Jonghyun's mother he wanted to get more seeds. When he reached her and asked for more, she look at him with disgust telling him he looked like a beggar. He ran away from her, tears coursing down his cheeks, as he then tripped on his own two feet. She laughed at him until Jonghyun walked over to help him stand up; he was grateful and happy to receive Jonghyun's help it made him feel a little less sad. She on the other hand didn't look happy at all, she called Jonghyun over and slapped him across the face, forcing a now crying Jonghyun to go inside the house. Leaving Onew outside by himself to clean his and Jonghyun's shoes. 

It had never occur to Onew that the reason why she hit him was because Jonghyun helped him. Onew had always thought she had hit him, because he got dirty but now that he thought it over that really didn't make any sense. "Why did your mother hit you?".

"What are you talking about?", Jonghyun looked up at him.

"The day we planted this tree.".

"She didn't hit me, I don't know what you are talking about.".

"Stop lying!", he insisted,"I clearly remember.".

"Why do you even care? That doesn't matter now, it isn't important.".

"It's important to me. Did she hit you because you helped me?". Everything started to make sense to him, he didn't see it back then because he was just a child, who was grateful to have a home. But now that he thought it over, he started to realize that Jonghyun's mother wasn't the kind woman he had always pictured her to be.

"No, she hit me for forgetting my place as the god.", he admitted,"That year my life changed drastically, I was forced to accept my role as the god. I was in charge of everything and everyone. I was forced to make decisions that I didn't even understand, I was forced to grow up when all I wanted to do was play. My mother didn't hit me because of you, she did it for my own good. Even though you and I are affected by this curse, we're different. I'm above you and she just wanted me to remember that, she wanted to secure my future.".

Onew couldn't believe that Jonghyun was justifying his mother's actions that way. He finally realized that all of Jonghyun's awful behavior was due to him being brainwashed into thinking that was the correct way to handle things. He started to wonder what other things she did to Jonghyun that got him to this point. Onew was scared he didn't want to end up like Jonghyun, he was now certain he had to stay away from Jonghyun's mother. "When does your mom come back?".

"I don't know. Let's go back inside I'm tired of being here.", he stood up.

Onew followed him, he didn't say a word to him. Jonghyun was beyond help he was to far gone already. 

Once they arrived back Jonghyun poured himself a glass of wine,"Do you want some?".

"No thank you. I'm going to take a shower.", he bowed excusing himself. When he entered the bedroom he grabbed his clothes and headed towards the bathroom. He quickly undress and the water as he then stepped inside. He stood there enjoying the warm water as it ran down his skin, his mind drifting off as he thought about Key. 

The sudden sound of footsteps brought him back to reality, he covered himself as he saw Jonghyun inside the bathroom,"What are you doing get out!".

"You are acting like I've never seen you before.".

"It doesn't matter, you have no right to be in here. Get out!", he insisted as began to feel anxious. 

"I have needs too. You and Amber are the only people I have ever been with, you two are the only one's I trust.".

He didn't know and he didn't understand why Jonghyun was acting this way,"I don't care about your needs. I don't want to sleep with you.".

"You didn't seem to mind before, you were always such a passionate lover.".

"I wasn't with Key at the time.".

"You aren't with Key now, and you will never be with him again.", Jonghyun smiled,"But don't worry I'm not going to force you into anything. With time you are the one who is going to come to me.", he stated as he then exited the bathroom.

His legs legs gave way beneath him, he remained at the shower floor as he began to cry. He was scared, he remembered the way Jonghyun forcefully kissed him when he had him chained up. His tears mixed with the water, as he remained there for a long time, afraid to go out there and face Jonghyun. 

When he finally exited the bathroom he saw Jonghyun in bed, with a book in hand. "I'm glad you are finally out. Come I want you to read to me.".

Onew got on the bed sitting beside Jonghyun as he grabbed the book from him,"W-w-where d-d-do I-I start.", he stuttered. 

"Are you okay?", he asked,"If it's too cold for you I can turn on the heater.".

"I-I-I'm okay.".

"Then stop stuttering.", he stated as he leaned closer to show him where to start reading,"Start from there.".

Onew began to read to him, as Jonghyun positioned himself on top of him, closing his eyes as he cuddled into Onew's chest. He immediately stopped reading,"Get off of me!".

Jonghyun sighed as he got off of him,"Fine I  won't touch you.", he yawned,"Turn off the lights were going to bed.". He pulled on the blanket giving his back to Onew.

He stood up and turned off all the lights and went straight to bed. He laid there completely awake, unable to go to sleep. He was afraid that if he went to sleep Jonghyun might do something to him. He spend the whole night like that unable to sleep a wink.

In the morning when they called them up for breakfast, Jonghyun refused to go. "Where are you going?", he asked afraid that he was going to do something to Taemin.

"That doesn't concern you.", he answered as he grabbed some clothes and headed towards the bathroom,"Go eat breakfast.".

Onew got out of bed, his appetite was almost non existent but he still go up and went into the kitchen to avoid having any problems with Jonghyun.  The same maid that talk to him yesterday was the one the served him breakfast. He wanted to ask her a few questions but he remained quiet, he knew that Jonghyun was about to come out any minute now.

"I don't know when I'll be back.", he said as he walked into the kitchen,"You are not allowed to leave this house while I'm gone, do I make myself clear?".

"Yes.".

Jonghyun smiled,"Enjoy your breakfast.", he said as he then walked away.

"I bet you are wondering where he's going.", the maid spoke as soon as Jonghyun exited the house.

"Do you know where he's going?".

"Yes, every time when he feels sad or guilty he goes and visits Kibum's mother's ashes.".

"He cremated her? I thought she was buried, Key visits her grave every year.".

"That's an empty grave. He had her cremated, I don't know where it is exactly that he has her ashes but he doesn't want Kibum anywhere near them.".

Onew couldn't believe what he was hearing, he knew each and every year Key would go to his mother's grave on the date of death to pay his respects to her. It hurt him to know that Key was crying and talking to an empty grave. 

"If you want to find out where he has her ashes. It somewhere by the cat's home, but it's going to be hard for anyone to go there. Since no one but him is allowed to go beyond that point.".

He was tired of Jonghyun attitude he was tired of the way Jonghyun treated and mocked Key. "Yesterday you told me the curse was unbreakable but you could help me make everyone's life better. Tell me how. Help me give Kibum a happy life.".

"I'm glad you asked.",she smiled as she walked up to him; reaching into her apron pocket as she handed him a small bottle.

"What is this?".

"The answer to all your problems.", she smiled,"All you have to do is pour that liquid into Jonghyun's drink and he will no longer be your god.".

"You want me to poison him? You want me to kill him.".

"I don't want you to do anything. The curse doesn't affect me, I'm just giving you an option. With Jonghyun's death a new god will be born and you will have no one to separate you from Kibum.".

Onew looked at the bottle unsure of what to do, but he knew she was right.

"He's always drinking wine you can just open one of the bottles and pour it in. It's as easy as that.".

He didn't fully trust her, he felt like she was hiding something. "Why do you want Jonghyun dead?".

"I don't care whether he lives or dies, I feel bad for you and everyone else. Is up to you whether or not you want to use it.", she said as she then left the kitchen.

Onew stared at the poison, it had never crossed his mind to kill Jonghyun. But now it just seemed like such a simple solution. He put the poison in his pocket deciding to think it over. He didn't want to become a murderer but if it was the only way he could be close to Key then he was going to do it. 

                                                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

A/N: Well that does it for this chapter I hope you enjoyed it. Sorry again for the very long wait and I'll see you all in the next chapter...