Amber: The Hidden Truth

The Curse

A/N: Well this is three weeks overdue. Anyways I want to thank you all for reading this story I really appreciate it. Sorry for any grammar/spelling mistake I might have missed. I really hope you enjoy this chapter...

                                                    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Why didn't you mention this to us sooner?", Key yelled at Amber.

Onew put his arm around Key's waist; closing the gap between them,"Key please calm down.".

"Calm down? Jonghyun is coming to take you away from me and you want me to calm down?", he yelled as he slightly pushed Onew away,"I can't believe you are taking this so lightly. Do you want to leave me? Do you want to go back with him, after all he did to you?".

"No, of course I don't want to go back with him. He scares me.", Onew confessed,"But there's nothing we can do about it.".

"Key I tried my hardest to convince him to allow Onew to stay. I spend almost all night talking to him but I couldn't change his mind.", Amber said,"I'm sorry.".

"Try harder!", Key got on his knees and begged; tears running down his face."You know what he did to him. You can't allow Jonghyun to take him, please there must be something you can do. You're our only hope, he only listens to you.".

It hurt Amber to see Key this way, he had suffered so much for almost all his life; when he wasn't to blame for anything. She wished there was something she could do to help him but as long as Jonghyun's mother was still around there was nothing she could do."Key.", she said as she and Onew helped him get back on his feet,"There's nothing I can do, he isn't listening to me.".

Onew kissed him on the forehead as he then embraced him tightly,"He has tried to separate us numerous times before, but we always find each other. We always end up together and this time it isn't going to be different. I love you and I will come back to you I promise.".

Key hugged him tightly, burying his face on his chest; his voice sounded faint,"I love you too.".

Amber was a bit startled when he heard the front door slam open. Ryeowook had return from picking up Minho from school and as usual they both were arguing with each other once again.

"I didn't pick you up because I wanted to! I was told to.", Ryeowook said as he entered the house.

"So you always do what you're told? In that case you should.", Minho manage to say before Ryeowook covered his mouth with his hand.

"Shhh!", Ryeowook hushed him;removing his hand from Minho's mouth, "What's going on? Is everyone okay?".

"We need to talk.", Amber pulled Ryeowook and Minho to another room. Since she wanted to give Onew and Key some privacy."I don't know at exactly what time but Jonghyun is coming to take Onew.".

"Is he just taking Onew or is he going to take Ryeowook back too?", Minho interrupted her.

"I'm not sure.", she answered,"He was planning to take them both back to the Main House yesterday but when I talked to him. I sort of manage to change his mind. Whether Ryeowook stays or goes it all depends on Onew now.".

"Onew gave up a lot for me last time, I can't ask him to do the same thing again.", Ryeowook commented.

"Are you willingly going to go back to Main House?", Amber asked.

"Yes.".

"What?!", Minho was in shock,"Are you out of your mind?".

"Key and Onew have suffered a lot and I don't want to be a contributing factor of keeping them separated.I can't and I won't ask Onew to give up his freedom for me, it's wrong. I'm most likely going to get locked up in that prison until I die.", his voice became heavy as he held back his tears,"I know this is a lot to ask but I want all of you to come visit me once in a while, if Jonghyun allows it. I don't want to be completely alone like the the previous cat.".

All of these is wrong Amber thought as she started to begin to feel completely helpless. She wanted to help them, she had tried to help them but Jonghyun was acting very irrational . "I'll visit you every chance I get even if I have to sneak in.".

"I know I'm probably the last person you would like to see but I'll go visit you too.", Minho added,"Besides you'll get visitors everyday since Taemin, Onew and Luna are all going to be living in the Main House.".

Amber knew what she was about to say was going to hurt Minho but she wanted him to know before Jonghyun came," Minho I'm really sorry I didn't want to do this to you again but Jonghyun is bringing Luna back today so I can erase her memory.".

"Amber please don't suppress her memories. She is the only friend I have outside this stupid curse, I don't want to lose her.", Minho stated,"You promised me you would never do that to me again, please don't break your promise.".

"I don't want to do it but if Jonghyun orders me to I really don't have a choice.". She knew she was somewhat to blame for Jonghyun's decision but this is not the way she wanted things to turn out. Amber had hoped that if Jonghyun saw that somebody from outside the curse could be trusted; he would let his guard down allowing them to somehow break the curse. The whole room was completely silent the only thing that could be heard was the buzzing sound of Amber phone as she received a text message. When she took it out she noticed that the text was from Taemin. "Jonghyun has been yelling at Luna since he came to pick us up from school. We're a few minutes away from your house now.", she read Taemin message. "Minho go inform Key and Onew that Jonghyun is almost here. We'll wait for you outside.".

"Okay.", Minho answered as he walked to the other room.

"I'll try talking to Jonghyun, maybe I can convince him not to lock you up.", she commented as they walked outside to wait for Jonghyun.

"Don't bother as long as Jonghyun's mother is at the Main House, I'm getting locked up.", Ryeowook answered.

Amber was a bit shocked to hear someone else talk about Jonghyun's mother in a negative way. Since everyone usually only said good things about her. "Is she the reason why Jonghyun keeps you lock up?".

"Part of it is because of her.", he answered as they stood outside waiting.

"Jonghyun's parents left on one of their trips again.", she informed him,"I'm sure I can reason with him once he calms down a little.".

"It doesn't matter if his parents are there or not anymore. I've been locked up in that prison since I was a child. He had plenty of opportunities to let me out, and he didn't do so.", he stated,"Ever since you left with Key and Minho to live here. Jonghyun changed for the worst, his parents completely control him.".

Amber couldn't believe was she was hearing; she never thought Jonghyun would be as heartless to keep someone locked up for so long. When they all lived in the Main House no one ever thought about going to Ryeowook's home/prison; they all thought he had left to go train like Jonghyun had told them. Amber had many more questions to ask Ryeowook but she decided to stay quiet since Minho, Onew and Key were now outside with them. It seemed to her that Ryeowook knew a few things that she didn't. When she left the Main House she knew Jonghyun was most like going to get manipulated by his parents but she never expected them to control Jonghyun's every move. They all immediately kneeled when they saw Jonghyun car stop at the front gate.

"I'm happy to see you were all expecting me.", He said as he stepped out of the car; pulling an crying Luna by the arm.

"Jonghyun hyung you should let her go you're hurting her.", Taemin commented as he got out of the car.

"Taemin get back in the car.", he ordered as he let go off Luna.

Taemin bowed as he then quietly re entered the car without saying a word.

"Grab her, make sure she doesn't go anywhere.", Jonghyun told his driver as  he then started walking towards Amber.

Amber could tell Jonghyun was in pain by the way he walked and relied on his cane."Are you feeling alright?".

"Quiet!", Jonghyun yelled at her; he slowly walked passed her, Ryeowook and Minho. Stopping right in front of Onew and Key. "I was really happy seeing you all out here waiting for me, but seeing this does not make me happy at all.", he stated as he lifted up his cane; pressing down hard on Key and Onew's laced hands. "I let you stay thinking you were here to recover, how foolish of me.", he lifted up his cane,"Jinki let go of his hand.". Onew immediately let go of Key's hand causing Jonghyun to smile,"Good you may all stand up now.".

Amber could tell Jonghyun was enjoying himself. This is not the man I fell in love with she thought as she began to feel angry.

"I don't want to waste my time, Jinki Ryeowook get in the car.", Jonghyun ordered as he began to walk away.

"Wait.", Onew said in a low shaky voice as he walked towards the car,"You promised me that Ryeowook would remain free.".

Jonghyun turned around ,"Promise or not I could do whatever I want and Ryeowook is coming back with us.". 

"I already hate you, don't make me hate you more than I already do.", Onew stated.

Jonghyun sighed,"Fine Ryeowook can stay.".

"Onew I appreciate what you're doing but don't give up your freedom for me.", Ryeowook said.

"Jonghyun isn't going to allow me to see Key, might as well get something out of it.", Onew smiled.

"Enough!", Jonghyun yelled,"Stop talking or I'm going to change my mind!".

Key ran towards Onew as he then hugged him tightly,"I love you please don't leave me.", he begged as he began to cry.

Onew embraced him,"I love you too.".

Amber felt that what she was seeing was heartbreaking she hoped that Jonghyun would soon realized that what he was doing was wrong. But once again he proved her wrong; he grabbed Onew by the arm as he tried to separate them,"Jjong please allow them to say goodbye to each other.".

"Quiet!", Jonghyun yelled at Amber.

Onew freed himself from Jonghyun grasped; taking the opportunity to kiss Key for the last time. He pressed his lips against Key's as he then passionately began to kiss him.

"Stop this immediately! Jinki get in the car now!", Jonghyun yelled.

Onew broke the kiss and smiled at Key,"I love you and I will come back to you I promise.", he let him go as he then got into the car.

"I hate you, I wish you were dead!",Key yelled at Jonghyun.

"Are you going to kill me like you killed your mother?", Jonghyun asked as he lifted up his cane; hitting key on the right side of his abdomen, causing him to collapse on the floor.

"Stop it!", Amber yelled at him as she went running to Key's side.

"Get away from him.", he ordered.

She immediately obeyed him since she didn't have a choice. As Jonghyun hit Key again with his cane; Amber could clearly hear Onew crying in the car.

"I will never allow you to be with Jinki, he's to good for you.", Jonghyun hit him again but this time on his back,"You better forget about him, he belongs to me now.".

"N-n-n-no matter what you do.", Key struggled to speak,"I will never stop loving him.".

"Ryeowook take him inside. I'm tired of seeing him.", Jonghyun stated.

Amber felt a bit relieve when Jonghyun doesn't continue to hit Key,"Can I leave to take care of him?".

"Ryeowook can help him. I need you to stay.", he stated with a smile,"I need you to erase Luna's memories.".

"Luna isn't harming anyone. She proved that we can trust her, she hasn't told anyone about the curse.", Amber said as she tried to convince him to allow Luna to stay.

"I'm not here to negotiate, I want you to erase her memory and that's final.", he said as he then ordered his driver to bring Luna.

As Amber stood in front of Luna as she stared at her she felt like crying. She didn't want to erase her memories,"I'm sorry.", she apologized to both Luna and Minho. 

Luna then ran towards Jonghyun kneeling down in front of him,"I won't tell anyone anything. Please don't make me leave. They are all like my family, I don't want to be separated from them.".

"They are all I have, and I am not going to allow you to take them away from me.", Jonghyun lifted up his cane as he swung it towards her.

Amber immediately pushed Luna out of the way; causing Jonghyun to hit her in her left eye. She screamed in pain; before she collapse to the floor and fainted. The next day she woke up; Amber couldn't see anything from her left eye since she had a bandage there. She could faintly remember talking to a doctor about her eye.

"I'm glad you're finally awake. I was very worried.", Luna walked into the room.

"So who patched my eye up?", she asked as she tried to remember.

"I send the guys out and call a woman doctor over, I wanted you to get looked at by a professional.", Luna informed her.

"That was very smart of you, I'm very grateful.", she smiled at her."So tell me how long am I going to have to wear to bandage on my eye. I really don't remember talking to the doctor at all.".

"I'm not surprised, you were given really strong pain medication.",Luna stated,"The doctor said you can remove the bandage in a week. Do you remember what she told you about your eye?".

"No what did she say?".

"You're partially blind from your left eye.", she informed her,"This is all my fault. You have done so much for me, and thanks to me you got hurt.".

"I don't blame you for anything.", Amber stated.

"Well you should. If I would had stayed quiet this wouldn't have happened to you.".

"None of us thought Jonghyun would go as far as to try to hit you. No one expected that from him.", Even though she knew she should be angry. Amber was worried and concerned for him; knowing that he didn't take this type of situations well. "Does Jonghyun know what happened?".

"I don't know if Taemin or Mr. Bunny told him anything.", she answered,"But right after he hit you. He broke down into tears and his driver took him away.".

 "Can you bring me my phone I need to call him.".

"Sure.", Luna handed the phone to her as she then exited the room.

Amber called Jonghyun but he didn't answer, so he decided to call Onew."I'm really glad you answered.", she said as soon as Onew answered the phone.

"How are you feeling?".

His voice sounded monotone and tired,"I'm in a bit of pain but I'm okay. How are you feeling you sound a bit strange.".

"I'm being forced to live and take care of someone I despise, how do you think I feel.", he answered.

Amber was surprise by Onew's response he had never talk to her or anyone in that way before. He was always very cheerful, calm and happy. She felt like she was talking to a completely different person."You're living with him now? Is it temporary or permanent?"

"Permanent.", he answer,"He wants to make sure I have no contact with Kibum, he thinks that I'll forgive and learn to love him if I stay with him,".

This was definitely not what Amber wanted to hear, she had hoped that with everything that had happen Jonghyun would change. "Can I please talk to him.".

"He doesn't want to talk to you.".

"How do you know if you haven't even asked him.", she said.

"He told us himself. He doesn't want you near him at all.", he told her.

"Why? I'm the one that should be mad at him not the other way around.", she stated as she began to feel frustrated. 

"I agree with you. You should be mad at him. What I don't get is why you aren't.",Onew said,"You are partially blind from your left eye thanks to him. Why do you want to talk to him in the first place?".

"Because I love him. We all need to be there for him, he's being manipulated by his parents. He's suffering and he needs our help.".

Onew chuckled,"He isn't being control by anyone, his parents aren't even here. All his actions and everything he did he decided to do that on his own. His parents weren't there when he decided to hit Kibum that way, he was going to hit Luna if you haven't gotten in the way. It's time you realize that the Jonghyun you loved isn't there anymore. He's a completely different person now.".

Amber knew Onew was right, but she didn't want to give up on Jonghyun. She was sure that with time, understanding and love Jonghyun could go back to the person he used to be. "Does he know about what happened to me?", she asked hoping that Taemin and Onew hadn't mentioned anything.

"Yes, I told him you were partially blind thanks to him.".

"Why did you tell him?".

"He deserved to know. He needs to realize that his actions have consequences.", Onew stated."You have no idea how satisfying it was to see him suffer, I enjoyed seeing him cry.".

"Onew I understand that you're very mad at him and for what he did to you and Key. But don't fill your heart with hatred. You're better than this.".

"I hate him so much. I can never forgive him for what he did to Kibum, and there is nothing you can say that will change my mind.", Onew said immediately ending the call.

Amber tried to call him back but he didn't answer. This is all wrong she thought as she got off her bed and started walking towards Ryeowook bedroom. She knew she had to put and end to all of this. Amber didn't want Onew to end up doing something that he would regret, she didn't want Jonghyun to keep on being control by his parents; she didn't want him to continue hurting himself and the people around them.She loudly knocked on Ryeowook's door since she heard him playing the piano. The nice soothing music from the piano stopped; soon after Ryeowook opened the door.

"I'm sorry was I being to loud?", he asked.

"No, I need you to tell me everything you know about Jonghyun's parents.".

Ryeowook moved aside to let her in,"Why do you want to know about Jonghyun's parents.".

"Everything that has happened, it's too much. Nothing is going to change if we don't put an end to it.", she stated,"Jonghyun blames us for everything that goes wrong and we blame him. We're to busy blaming and hating each other that we completely ignore the source of all our problems. I think Jonghyun's parents are to blame for everything that has been happening lately.".

Ryeowook smiled as he sat down on his bed,"You aren't completely wrong. Jonghyun's father can't stand him, he completely ignores Jonghyun. His mother on the other hand, she's smart. She knows exactly how to manipulate Jonghyun. Every thing that has happened was calculated by her.".

"What are saying?".

"I have seen and heard so many things while I was locked up in that prison. That's why Jonghyun's mother doesn't want me to be free.", he stated,"You would think that since Jonghyun is curse being the god that he would control everything, the one that really controls everything is his mother. All the people that surround Jonghyun have been specially selected by his mother. Jonghyun's driver, his servants everyone that surrounds him and advices him are under her orders not Jonghyun's. I haven't figured out absolutely everything, but she is definitely to blame for Jonghyun's extreme behavior.".

"Tell me everything you know.", she demanded,"I know a few things too and  I want to know if I can find a connection to anything that might help us stop her.".

"It was thanks to her that I got separated from my family.", he stated,"Jonghyun's mother wants to keep everyone that is curse separated from their families. She believes if we have no one and feel completely alone, that we will love and cling to Jonghyun since he's the god. She wanted to use him to control all of us, that way the curse won't be broken and she gets to enjoy all the riches and perks that come with being the parents of the god. Jonghyun's parents don't love him they use him. A month or so after Jonghyun started living with his parents, she took him to come see me. We were both kids we both thought that he was brought over to play with me. He showed me his brand new  toy and gave it to me so I can play with it. I was extremely happy and exited when his mother opened up the gates, Jonghyun came running in and we began to play with each other. His mother then pulled him away and said that I was cursed by the cat. That since he played with me something very bad was going to happen to him. At that time none of it made sense to me, she took him away and left. But then two weeks later she came back with him, she told him that he had lost all his friends because he played with me.".

"She was the one who didn't allow him to come outside and play with us.", Amber stated.

"I know she did that on purpose, so he would think I was the one to blame. Jonghyun yelled at me and than he started crying. His mother hit him and then she gave him and whip and told him to punish me. At first he didn't want to do it, but she force him to. To make a very long story short I was Jonghyun's training dummy, she brought him over everyday to verbally insult me and to physically hurt me. It was hard for him at first, he used to leave crying but then he got used to it and he started to enjoy it since his mom rewarded him afterwards. One day when they were coming over I overheard Jonghyun complaining that he wanted to play with his friends. His mother told him that since he was doing such a great job of punishing me that his bad luck was running out and that he would soon have a friend to play with. All this years Onew has been thinking that his parents abandoned him, but they didn't. One day very late at night I saw Jonghyun's mother with two servants dragging Onew's parents out of the Main House. She specifically choice Onew to stay by Jonghyun side because of his easy going nature. She knew she could easily control him better than she could control, you,Key, Taemin, Minho and the others.".

"Why haven't you told Onew about it?".

"I can't she found out that I saw everything she threaten to kill me and my family if I ever mention anything to Onew or Jonghyun. The only reason why I'm telling you this is because she never said I couldn't say anything to you. I trust you and I hope that you won't tell Jonghyun or anyone that I'm telling you this.".

"I won't say a word I understand you perfectly because she threaten me the same way too.", she confessed,"Everyone thinks she's nice but I know she is a murderer. When I was dating Jonghyun I was walking over to his house when I overheard her talking to Jonghyun's driver. She was saying that she needed him to kill Minho's parents that exact same way he killed Key's mother.".

"What? I understand why he wanted to get rid of Key's mother but why did she want to get rid of Minho's parents?", he asked.

"I have no idea why either. I wasn't able to get away in time and she spotted me. She told me that if I said anything she would have Key and my parents killed. She made me break up with Jonghyun that day. She told me that Jonghyun was going to make key leave in two days, she wanted me to leave with him and she wanted me to take Minho with me. After Key Minho and I left the Main House Minho's parents were forced to leave too along with mine."

"What I don't understand is why she kicked everyone out of the Main House except for Onew and Taemin.", Ryeowook stated.

"What the others aren't living in the Main House?"she was a bit shocked.

"No after you three left a week later. Jonghyun kicked them all out of the Main House.", he informed her. "I don't know were he send them to but I do know Leeteuk is at the mountains were I supposedly was.".

How could I have been so naive she thought remembering back to when all of them gathered in Jonghyun's bedroom after he fainted. She had asked the servants to inform the others but they never showed up."Well the new years banquet is coming, we are all going to be together soon and it's the perfect time to try and figure everything out.".

"You don't have much time left,if I were you I would try to locate the others before the new years banquet.", he stated,"Knowing her she separated everyone for a reason and you are all going to be together for the new years banquet I think something bad will most likely happen.".

"Your right, by the time of the banquet it will probably be to late.", she stated,"I don't know why I didn't notice all of this sooner. Wait do you think she was also to blame for the death of Taemin's parents.".

"I don't know.", he stood up and went to opened the door,"I'm tired I want to go to bed can you please leave?".

"Sure.", she stood up,"Wake up really early in the morning, you and I are going to pay a visit to Leeteuk tomorrow.".

"You should probably go alone, the others really seem to dislike me for some reason.".

"Well I need you and your coming with me whether they like it or not.", she said as she exited his room,"You're coming with me and that's final.".

"Okay.", he smiled at her before he closed his bedroom door.

As Amber walked to her bedroom she couldn't stop thinking about the way Ryeowook reacted when he mentioned Taemin's parents. What connection does Ryeowook have with Taemin's parents she thought as she remember her previous talk with Taemin and how he said that Ryeowook mention that he knew his parents. Ryeowook is definitely hiding something she thought as she entered her room and laid in bed.

                                                    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 

 A/N:Well this has been the longest chapter I have ever written for this story. So I really hoped that you enjoyed it. See you all in the next chapter...