Taemin: I'm Proud of You

The Curse

A/N: Thank you for reading, I really appreciate it and I hope you enjoy this chapter.

                                                 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Tomorrow morning don't come inside the school. Wait for us outside so we can pick you up.", Minho told Taemin as the bell to end lunch rang.

"You don't have to pick me up I can go there on my own.".

"You got lost twice, I rather not risk it.", he stated,"Wait for us outside we'll come quick I promise.".

"Fine, I'll see you both tomorrow.". Taemin wanted to hug and kiss him but held back because everyone was watching, he simply waved goodbye and left to class. School was the only place he could be close to Minho, but they couldn't really do anything due to Minho's fan-girls. He was getting tired of having to hide in the bathroom, behind trees and practically anywhere they could find; just so they could be together. He was so lost in his own thoughts that he failed to noticed Kai walk up to him.

"Are you okay?".

"Do I look okay?", he snapped, feeling a bit annoyed.

"The pressure of being Minho's friend is getting to you isn't it?".

Taemin was surprise that Kai was talking about Minho since he always avoided talking about him. It make him feel slightly more irritated but he couldn't really get mad at him because he was kinda right. He loved Minho and he knew none of this was his fault but he wanted all of this to stop. He wanted to be able to kiss and hug him whenever he felt like it, he wanted to go on dates with him, he wanted to do what every other couple did. 

"It is only going to get worst.", Kai commented,"I don't want you to get hurt, maybe you should consider not talking to him anymore.".

"Not talking to him isn't an option, besides none of this is his fault.", Taemin and Kai stood outside of their classroom. 

"All of it could easily be fixed if he said something. Minho just stays quiet and lets everything happen. It's his fault that all those rumors about Luna are still going around.".

"Why are you being so harsh on him? Why do you hate him so much?".

"For one you rejected me because of him. Two it's his fault that Krystal left.".

"Was she your girlfriend?", Taemin asked ignoring his first reason since he still felt bad about it.

"I had feelings for her but she and I were friends. I don't know if she liked Minho or not but she was friends with him too. They started treating her like they are treating Luna now. She wasn't able to take it anymore and one day she just left without saying anything.", Kai informed him."I like you and I heard the things they are saying about you.", he looked down at his feet; avoiding eye contact."I don't want anything to happen to you. I don't want you to end up leaving.".

"Nothing is going to happen to me and I'm not going anywhere. I don't care about what they think or what they say about me. I'm not to worry about it and you shouldn't be either.", Taemin smiled as he then went inside his classroom. 

Throughout the class he couldn't really concentrate. Even though he was indifferent towards Luna he felt bad for her. Seeing her cry at lunch because of what they said about her made him feel partially at fault. He had already told his classmates that Luna wasn't his girlfriend but that was all that he could do. He just hope she didn't end up leaving like Kai's friend Krystal did because Minho would be very upset. When school finally ended and it was time to go home Taemin started to put his notebooks away as Kai approached him once again.

"Do you need to go home right now?".

"Yes, why?",Taemin asked as he and Kai walked out of the classroom.

"I wanted to invite you to come over to m house. So we could work on more festival ideas for our class booth.".

"I think we should only work on it during school hours.", Taemin smiled,"If you get any good ideas text me.". He waved goodbye as he headed off campus and immediately got into the car that Jonghyun always sent for him. When he got to the Main house he decided not to go give Onew the necklace right away. He thought it would look too suspicious if he went over immediately so instead he went home. His house was extremely quiet and it made him feel lonely. To cope with the loneliness he decided to practice the piano, hoping that he could show Ryeowook the piece he memorized. After an hour of practice he decided to go to Jonghyun's house so he could give Onew the necklace. 

As he knocked on the door he hope Onew would be the one to answer but instead it was one of Jonghyun's personal helpers.

"What can I do for you?", she asked as she bowed.

"I came to see Jonghyun hyung.".

"Master Jonghyun isn't available at the moment. Would you like to leave a message.".

"No thank you, but can I speak to Onew hyung instead?".

"Master Jinki isn't available either.".

"I'll come back later. Thank you.". Taemin walked away. As soon as he noticed the woman lock the door he went back to Jonghyun's house, deciding to peek through every window hoping he could spot Onew. Why did Jonghyun sent everyone away except me? Does he want me to be by myself forever? he thought as he continued to peek through the windows; feeling slightly annoyed. The last window he had to check was the bedroom window, he slowly opened it trying to make as little noise at possible. When he was finally able to view inside he saw Jonghyun and Onew asleep in bed. 

"Onew hyung.", he whispered as he tried to wake him up and get his attention, but he continue to sleep."Jinki hyung.",he whispered a bit louder only managing to wake up Jonghyun. Taemin heart began to race, his legs became weak, as he stood in place unable to move due to the fear he was feeling.

Jonghyun yawned; turning around to face Onew as he then caress his face,"Jinki wake up.".

Onew frowned as he woke up; pushing away Jonghyun's hand,"Don't touch me!.".

Jonghyun put his hand around his neck; tightening his grip as Onew began to choke,"You belong to me, I can touch you whenever I want.". He stopped choking him,as Onew began to cough,"Now go close the window, I'm cold.".

Onew got out of bed and walked to the window,"Taemin what are you doing here?", he whispered.

"What are you doing in bed with Jonghyun?".

"It was an order, he made me. Now leave I don't want you to get in any trouble.".

"What's taking you so long?", Jonghyun yelled.

"Meet me in the living room window, hurry.", Taemin said as he then ran towards the living room window. He waited for about fifteen minutes until Onew finally showed up,"What took you so long?".

He sighed,"I had to get permission to leave the room.". Onew smiled as he reached into his pocket handing Taemin a small flat grayish rock,"Can you please give this to Minho to give to Key.".

Taemin looked at the rock,"Wouldn't you rather give him a letter instead of a rock?".

"There's no way I could write a letter, I'm always with Jonghyun. Besides this isn't just any rock, Key gave me this on the day we shared our first kiss.".

Taemin put the rock away in his pocket as he then took off the necklace, and handed to Onew,"Key says he loves you and will wait for you no matter how long it takes.".

Onew began to cry as he stared at the necklace in his hand,"Tell him I love him too.".

"Jinki!", Jonghyun called him.

Onew wiped away his tears as he then put on the necklace hiding it under his shirt,"Please don't forget to give it to him and thank you for everything.", he said as he then closed the window.

When Taemin arrived back home, he cooked himself some ramen since it was one of the few things he could cook. As he sat down to eat alone in his silent house he felt sad, he started to remember the meals he used to have with his parents. Even though he didn't want to admit it having Luna stay with him the last couple of days made him realize how lonely he actually was. He couldn't text Minho since Jonghyun checked his phone everyday so he decided to text one of the only people who he could actually text. "Did you come up with any ideas yet?", he texted Kai hoping he would reply so he wouldn't feel so lonely.

"No can't think of anything.".

Taemin smiled when he received Kai text, he felt bad for breaking his promise to Minho about not talking to Kai, but he had nobody to talk to now that Luna was gone. "Think harder!".

"What are you doing that you can't think of any?".

"Eating.", Taemin replied.

"What are you eating?".

"Ramen.", Taemin replied as he then send him a picture of his food.

"Looks good.".

"Thanks I cooked it.".

"Maybe we should sell some ramen for the festival.".

"Maybe, but if we do. I'm not cooking it.".

"That I really wanted to try your cooking.".

"Never going to happen. So what other idea do you have for the booth?". Taemin continued to talk to Kai about the festival until it was time for him to go to bed. He took the rock out of his pocket, placing it on his nightstand as he then changed out of his clothes. Before he laid in bed he stared at the rock feeling rather sad for Key and Onew since they had no contact with one another. He was fortunate enough that he could still talk and see Minho five days a week. Taemin covered himself with a blanket feeling happy and excited for tomorrow. Not only was he going to spend all day with Minho, he actually was going somewhere besides the Main House and school. Due to the excitement it took him a while to fall asleep.

The next morning Taemin took a quick shower and changed to his school uniform putting a change of clothes along with Key's rock into his book bag. He locked his house door as he then got into the car, he was really excited for today that he couldn't stop smiling.

"Is everything alright sir?", the driver asked.

"Everything is fine.", he answered as he tried to contain his enjoyment. When Taemin got off the car he walk into the school, but as soon as the driver left, walked back out as he then waited to get pick up by Minho. He waited for about ten minutes until Minho and Ryeowook finally showed up. "I'm really excited.", Taemin commented as he got into the car as sat next next to Minho in the back.

"I'm really happy you came.", Ryeowook said as he then began to drive. 

"You have a change of clothes in your book bag right?", Minho asked.

"Of course I do. I don't want to walk around wearing this, I even brought some shoes.", Taemin opened his book bag to show Minho. "Where's Luna?".

"She stayed behind to help Amber with something.".

"Oh.", Taemin zipped his book bag back up."Ryeowook I was wondering if I could play the piano for you before we head out.".

"Sure, I was just about to ask you about that.", Ryeowook answered.

"Maybe you could play the piano for him another day.", Minho said.

"It'll be quick don't worry about it.", he smiled at him. Taemin wanted to do as many things as he could do today. He wanted to play the piano with Ryeowook, he wanted to spend some time with Minho, he wanted to eat the delicious food that Key cooked. 

"You can't rush art.", Ryeowook commented.

"Shut up.", Minho replied.

"Make me.".

"Please don't fight.", Taemin interrupted them."I don't want to hear it.". 

"Did anyone at school see you?", Minho asked.

"No, as soon as the driver left I walk back out.", he replied as they arrived at Amber's house."Ryeowook wait for me in your room. I'm going to change out of this clothes first.", Taemin got out of the car as soon as it came into a complete stop. When he entered the house he went straight into the bathroom to change. After he changed he headed straight towards Ryeowook 's room. When he got there Ryeowook was already playing the piano; he sat down on the bed and watched him play. Taemin was amazed as how good he was, the way he played the piano reminded Taemin of his father. 

"Ready?", he turned around and smiled at him.

"Who taught you how to play the piano?", Taemin asked. 

"That doesn't really matter. We should hurry up before we have to go.", Ryeowook stood up so Taemin could sit.

Taemin decided not to question him any further since they didn't have much time and he wanted to show him the piece he memorized. He sat down and placed his hands on the piano as he then began to play. As he played the song he realized he messed up twice,"I messed up.", he sighed as he stop playing.

"You were good. That's a very difficult song to memorize and play." he commented,"Play it again.".

Taemin played it again; messing up once again,"I'm sorry.".

"Don't apologize.", he commented as he leaned over,"Press this key instead of this one.".

Taemin played the song all over again with no mistakes this time."Thank you.", he stood up and hugged him.

Ryeowook hugged him back,"I'm proud of you.".

Taemin felt like crying when he heard him say that. His father used to say he was proud of him every time he would finished a whole song without any mistakes.

"We need to go now.", Amber said as she walked into the room.

Ryeowook immediately broke their embrace,"I-I-I'm going to car.", he said as he then stormed out of the room.

Taemin stared at Amber feeling slightly embarrassed and judged,"He was just teaching me how to play the piano.", he stated.

"You don't need to explain yourself to me. I know you two weren't doing anything.", she smiled at him,"I think there is something you should know about Ryeowook.".

"What is it? You're scaring me.".

"Remember when you asked if Ryeowook knew your parents? 

"Yes why?".

"I was talking to him the other day and I think you were right. I think he knew your parents, because when I mentioned them he started to act weird and he practically quick me out of his room.".

"Thank you for telling me.".

"Don't mention it. We should really get going or we aren't going to have enough time to talk to Leeteuk.".

"Whose coming with me and Amber?", Key asked as they all headed outside.

"Taemin and I will go with you two.", Minho answered.

"I want to go with Ryeowook.", Taemin said as he then got inside the car.

'I'm going with Ryewook too.", Luna said as she opened the car door; sitting in the back seat of the car.

"You can go with them if you want Minho. Key and I are fine driving alone.", Amber stated.

"I want to go with you and Key.", Minho said as he got into the car.

Taemin could tell Minho was mad, but right now that wasn't important to him. Taemin had spend part of his childhood without parents, their dead wasn't easy on him. He wanted to know more about his parents, and apparently Ryeowook was probably the only one that could provide him with answers. 

                                                   XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

A/N: Well that does it for this chapter, sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes, I know I probably missed a few. Anyways next chapter is Key and we get to find out about the cute little rock. Also we finally get to see Leeteuk as well. See you all in the next chapter...