Key: A Boar and a Dog

The Curse

A/N:Thank you for reading and commenting I really appreciate it. 

                                     XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"You should have gone with them if you were going to be in a bad mood.", Key told Minho as he drove.

"I'm not in a bad mood.".

"Just because I'm driving doesn't mean I can't see you.", he quickly glanced at Minho through the rear-view mirror. He knew Minho didn't get along with Ryeowook but he didn't think it was a good enough reason to be upset or ignore his friends completely.

"Well instead on focusing on me you should be focus on driving.".

"Well instead of being all moody you should be having fun with your friends.", he commented.

"Key leave him alone. I know your in a bit of pain right now but it isn't fair that you're taking it out on Minho.", Amber butted in. 

Key was in a bit of pain but that was not the reason why he was frustrated with Minho. The other day when he pretended to feel extremely ill. He got injected with I.V. fluids, he had to talk his way out of taking really strong medication; which wasn't easy at all considering how worried Amber was. Key just didn't understand why Minho wanted Taemin to come if he wasn't going to be around him. "Fine I won't tell him anything anymore, but it irritates me. I would give anything to spend one minute with Onew. Yet he has a perfectly good chance to spend time with Taemin and he doesn't take it.".

"Why are you comparing me and Taemin to you and Onew? We are totally different we are just friends.".

"Sure keep telling yourself that.", Key responded.

"It's obvious that you two like each other.",Amber added.

"We do not, like each other that way.", he denied it, as he then put on his headphones.

"He's so obvious.".

"To bad relationships between zodiac members never have a happy ending.", she commented.

There wasn't much Key could say about that,because so far it was true. Every time any of them formed a special bond with one another or anyone that wasn't Jonghyun; they would in someway get punished."Do you think Leeteuk could actually know something?", he tried to change the subject as he started to drive off the road towards the mountains.

"I hope so because as scary as it sounds Leeteuk is our only hope right now.", she answered 

"Ryeowook is still following us right?".

Amber looked back,"Yes.".

"Good.", he started to drive faster. When they arrive at the house by the mountains were Leeteuk was staying, they saw him standing outside on the front porch."It's almost like he was expecting us.", Key commented as he parked the car.

"I'm sure he wasn't.", Amber unfastened her seatbelt as she, Minho and Key then got off.

"What an unexpected pleasant surprise.", Leeteuk walked over to them.

"Nice to see you too.", Key winced as Leeteuk hugged him; breaking the hug immediately afterwards.

"What happened to your eye? Are you okay?", he asked Amber as he hugged her.

"A small accident, but I'm fine.", she answered as she broke their embrace. 

"How did you know I was staying here?", he asked them as he then proceeded to hug Minho.

"Ryeowook told us.", Amber answered.

"The cat? How would he know?", Leeteuk asked; breaking his embrace with Minho as Ryeowook parked the car.

"I have a name.", Ryeowook said as he got off the car.

"I know.", he walked passed Ryeowook and Taemin; going straight to Luna."And you are?".

"I'm Luna.", she bowed.

"Luna.", he repeated her name as he looked at her up and down."No fair.", he pouted,"How come Jonghyun gave you all a cute maid and I get nothing.".

"Luna isn't a maid.", Amber corrected him.

"Is she a new zodiac member? When did this happen? Who died?", Leeteuk asked.

"Leeteuk stop playing around we need to talk.", Key try to get his attention since they didn't have much time.

"You are no fun.", he commented as he continued to look at Luna,"If she isn't a maid. Who is she and what is she doing here?".

"She's our friend and my classmate.", Minho said.

"Wait you brought an outsider? Get her out of here, I don't want any problems with Jonghyun.", he started to walk back towards his house.

"Jonghyun knows about her. He's allowing her to stay with us.", Key ran after him,"We came here because we need your help.".

"I don't believe you, that doesn't sound like Jonghyun at all. I'm sorry please leave.".

"Please listen to them and help them. They don't deserve to live like this, you don't deserve to live like this.", she walked up to him,"They are the nicest people I know. They took me in when I had no where to go. If you won't help them because of me I'll leave.".

"Leave where? To the mountains so you can get attacked by animals I don't think so.", Leeteuk smiled,"So Jonghyun really knows about you?".

"Yes.", she nodded,"I even live in the main house with Taemin for a short while.".

"Are you single?", he asked her.

"Leeteuk are you serious? She is way younger than you.", Ryeowook stated.

Minho laughed,"You care about age? Taemin is younger than you.".

"What are you trying to say?", Ryeowook asked him.

"Eww Leeteuk don't be a ert.", Key commented.

He walked over to Key and leaned closed to his ear,"I'm not a ert I'm just curious. Besides Kibum do you want me to tell everyone you read my romance novels.".

"Key you read that ?", Amber asked him.

Key blushed; feeling flustered and embarrassed "Are you going to help us or not?".

"Fine I'll help you only when Luna answers my question.", Leeteuk answered.

"Why do you care whether she is single or not?", Taemin asked.

"I'm curious as to why Jonghyun allowed her to stay at the main house. Is he interested in her? No offense Amber.", he smiled at her.

"None taken.", she answered.

"I am single and no Jonghyun doesn't like me at all.", Luna answered.

"Interesting.", he commented,"Let's head inside to see what I can help you with.".

"What was that noise?", Taemin asked as he looked towards the mountains.

"Oh don't worry about that. That's just Siwon, he must have sense the cat was here.", he answered as he opened the house door.

"Siwon is here?", Ryeowook asked.

"Yes, the only reason he came to live in the mountains was because he thought you were here.", he informed them,"He must be very excited to see you.".

"Ryeowook!", Siwon screamed as he ran towards him.

"Oh no.", Ryeowook immediately made his way back towards the car.

"Ryeowook don't you dare run away from me. Why did you lie to me!", Siwon ran after him with all his might.

"Stop!", Luna yelled getting in Siwon's way.

A sudden poof was heard as Siwon couldn't stop in time and bumped straight into Luna. "Who is she and why did she do this to me?". There were Siwon once stood was a cute little boar.

"Aww what a cute little pig.", Luna commented as she try to pick him up.

"Don't touch me!".

"She called you a pig.", Leeteuk laughed,"Where did your abs go Mr.Piggy?". Siwon started to run full speed towards Leeteuk; he automatically began to run away from him."I'm sorry. It was only a joke.".

"Do you really think they'll be able to help?", Taemin asked as he looked at them.

"I'm starting to have my doubts but they are all we have.", Key answered as he saw them. 

Leeteuk went to hide behind Luna,"If you get near me, I'll make her hug you again.".

"We don't have time for this, we really need to talk now.", Amber said as she tried to get their attention.

"So what's your relationship with Siwon hyung?", Taemin asked Ryeowook.

"Why do you care?", Minho asked Taemin.

"He was talking to me not to you.", Ryeowook told Minho.

Key was tired of hearing Ryeowook and Minho arguing; he was fed up seeing Siwon and Leeteuk play around. "We aren't going to achieve anything this way.".

"I know.", Amber sighed.

A sudden poof was heard and everyone became quiet."I'm sorry. It's just that everyone was all over the place.", Luna apologized to Leeteuk who was now a dog.

"You did good.", Amber said as she bent to pet Leeteuk,"Should we head inside now?".

"Fine, but I'm going to need you to open the door for me.",Leeteuk grabbed his clothes with his mouth and headed towards his and Siwon's home.

"Ryeowook carry my clothes inside.",Siwon ordered as he then walked off.

Ryeowook frowned as he then picked up Siwon's clothes.

"Why would you want a maid, your home is squeaky clean.", Key commented as they entered the house.

"Well I thought if you all had one I should have one too.", he answered.

"Ryeowook I feel like I'm going to transform soon. Follow me to my bedroom.", Siwon began to walked towards his bedroom.

"If you don't want to do it. You don't have to.", Taemin told Ryeowook."I'll do it for you.".

Ryeowook smiled as he handed him Siwon's clothes"Thank you, I owe you one.".

"Taemin I know we haven't seen each other in a long time.", Siwon stated,"Which is probably the reason why you don't remember but Ryeowook and I are engaged. I want him to carry my clothes.".

"We are not engaged I don't like you. I can't be in the same room as you.", Ryeowook yelled.

"Take that back.", Siwon yelled.

"No.", Ryeowook answered.

"Take it back!", he yelled as a sudden poof was heard and he transformed back."I'll be back.", Siwon ran away.

"I'll go too before I transform in front of everyone.", Leeteuk said as he then ran away.

"Ryeowook are you really engaged to Siwon?", Luna asked him as they all sat down.

"No, they aren't engaged.", Amber answered,"Siwon just says that out of guilt.".

"Guilt for what?",Taemin asked.

"Nothing it doesn't matter.", Ryeowook looked at Amber."Don't listen to Siwon he's crazy.".

"I'm not crazy. Stop denying our engagement.", Siwon walked into the room,"I'm not overjoyed to marry you either, but it's the least I could do.".

"The least you could do is leave me alone.", Ryeowook stated.

"I came to live in the mountains with Leeteuk because of you.",he informed him,"We're engaged and that's final.".

"I really like Siwon.", Minho told Key.

Key shook his head, they had been here for a while and that haven't figure out anything. He knew if they continued like this the whole day was going to be a waste. "Siwon we need to know the reason why Jonghyun kicked you and Leeteuk out of the Main House.".

"No one knows why that guy does things. He probably kicked us out for the same reason he kicked you all out.", he sat down besides Ryeowook.

"Do you really have to sit beside me?".

"I haven't seen you since we were children. We need to get to know each other before the wedding.".

"Who's getting married?", Leeteuk asked as he walked in.

"Ryeowook and I.",Siwon answered.

"No you're not. One Ryeowook hates you, two he's the cat. No one can marry the cat.", Leeteuk added,"Especially you since you scared of his true form.".

"I'm not scared of his true form.", he defended himself.

"True form. What are you talking about?", Taemin asked.

"Nothing Siwon is afraid of cats.", Ryeowook answered.

Siwon sighed,"Sure I'm afraid of cats.".

Key rolled his eyes in annoyance,"Siwon said that Jonghyun really didn't give you a reason for kicking you out. Why did he sent you here?", he asked Leeteuk.

"I don't know the reason why he sent us here but lets go to the kitchen, is much quieter there.", He stood up as he Amber and Key walked into the kitchen; leaving the others behind to continue talking. "Do you want some tea?", he offered.

"No thank you.", Amber said.

"I'll take some water.", Key added.

"So why are you two so interested in the reason why Jonghyun kicked us out?", he asked as he gave Key a glass of water; he the proceeded to make himself some tea.

"We want to break the curse.", Key informed him.

Leeteuk dropped his his teacup out of shock,"Have you gone crazy! There's no way the curse could be broken. Our ancestors had to deal, we have to deal with it and unfortunately or children if we have any will have to deal with it one day too.".

"It doesn't have to be that way, we been talking and we think the curse can be broken.", Amber stated.

Leeteuk picked up the glass from the floor,"Broken? I wish you don't know how much I hate taking orders from a guy younger than me.".

"You will no longer have to answer to Jonghyun or anyone, if you help us.", Key smiled realizing he had fully capture Leeteuk attention

"Alright.", he finished preparing his tea as he then sat down,"I'll answer what I can.".

"Did Jonghyun told you anything when he kicked you out of the Main House?",Key asked.

"Not really. The day he kicked me out of the Main House he came over with his mother and told me that I would be living at the house by the mountain. Siwon was over at my house at the time and Jonghyun send him to live at the houses by the countryside. Since at that time we thought Ryeowook was at the mountains Siwon begged Jonghyun to let him live with me.At first he said no, but his mother convince him she even try to stop Jonghyun from kicking us out.".

Amber and Key looked at each other,"Jonghyun's mother tried to help you?". Amber asked.

"Yes.", he nodded,"She really is kind I don't know how Jonghyun turned out the way he did.".

"Do you know where he sent the others?", Key asked him.

"I know where he sent Yoona. While me and Siwon were getting ready to leave I saw Yoona's mother crying. He was sending her to lived at the northeast side woods, by the hilltop on those old cabins.I don't know if he sent anyone else with her since we left soon after that.", he informed them.

"Have you had any contact with him after you left?", Amber asked him.

"In the beginning he used to come over a lot but for the past month we haven't seen him or received a call from him. I find it weird but I like it since I don't have to talk to him.".

They continued talking to Leeteuk for over an hour, they told him about what they have figured out so far,"We should get going.", Amber said as she stood up.

"Don't worry I won't tell anyone you were here.",he reassured them, as he stood up,"If Jonghyun or his mother contact me I'll call you right away.".

"Thank you and don't forget to tell Siwon not to say a word either.", Key stood up as they then walked back to the living room.

"Don't worry he won't say a thing.".

"We're leaving.",Amber tried to get their attention but they all continued talking over her.

"We need to go now!", Key yelled to get their attention.

Siwon hugged Ryeowook,"Don't go stay here and live with us.".

"You're crazy there's no way I'm staying here.", he tried to free himself.

Minho helped Ryeowook free himself,"Let's go.".

"I'll go visit you.", Siwon followed Ryeowook and Minho out the door.

"Please don't, I don't want to see you.", Ryeowook unlocked the car and got in. Minho got on the passenger seat as Luna and Taemin got in the back. 

"Thank you for everything will keep in touch.",Amber said as Key and she got in the car.

"What an ungrateful cat.", Siwon commented as he then went inside.

"Drive safe.", Leeteuk said as Key then drove off.

"What a day.",Key said,"This whole thing has me exhausted.".

"I know what you mean, but this whole visit let me a bit uneasy.", Amber yawned,"What is Jonghyun mom planning, why did she pretended to want to help them stay.".

"I think she wants to make herself look nice in front of everyone. That way no one will realize that she is the one giving all the orders.".

"You're probably right, and it was actually working. We all blamed Jonghyun for everything.".

"Not all of it is his fault but he is partially responsible. I know you believe he can go back to the person he was but I don't think he can.", Key knew he was hurting Amber by telling her all this, but he believed she needed to hear it. 

"Everything he has ever done is because of his mother, she has broken him down. When we get rid of her you will get your brother back.".

"Jonghyun isn't my brother anymore, he is a monster. I wouldn't be surprise if he was the one who killed my mother.".

"Jonghyun did not kill your mother!".

"Amber look at what he did to you, what he has done to me. What he's doing to Onew, he's a horrible person.". 

"I know he has done questionable things, but I know for a fact that he did not kill your mother.".

"If he didn't then who did?". Key took Amber silence as an definite answer,"Exactly not even you are certain that that he didn't do it. He probably didn't kill her with his two bare hands but he's is most likely to blame for her death.". The rest of the car ride was silent, not wanting to deal with anything anymore Key locked himself up in his bedroom when they arrived home. He was now not only thinking about Jinki he was now thinking about his mother too. He knew that Amber was right there was no way Jonghyun was the one that had kill his mother. He felt bad for telling her that but he was consumed with so much anger and hatred towards Jonghyun that it was easy to blame him for everything. 

"Key hyung.", Taemin knocked on the door.

Key got out of bed and opened the door,"Come in.".

"Are you feeling alright?", he asked him as he sat down on his bed.

"I guess I don't know.", he sat down beside him.

"I got something for you. In fact I found it weird but Onew hyung told me to give you these, apparently you gave it to him the day you shared your first kiss.", he took the rock out of his book bag and handed it to him. 

Key looked at the small grayish rock as he began to tear up,"I can believe he kept it for that long.".

"I hope you don't mind me asking but why did you gave him a rock?".

"I know it might seem insignificant but at that time I didn't have any money. It was a few days after my mother had died,during that time I hated the world and I wanted to be alone. Onew always brought me some of his mother cooking, I stupidly never open the door for him, but that didn't stop him. Everyday he will sit by my doorstep with a plate of food in hand and talk to me, I never answered back and surprisingly he never ate the food.", tears formed in the corner of his eyes."He would come over, talk, leave the food. I would wait for him to leave, get the food, eat and leave the plate for him outside. We continued like that for over a month, until one day he stopped coming. I missed him and wondered were he was, so I finally decided to leave my house to look for him. When I knocked on his house door he didn't answer, so I sat down by his doorstep and decided to talk to him hoping he was in there and he could hear me. On my ways back home I saw Amber we talk and that's when I found out that Onew's parents had abandoned him. Apparently his parents didn't like that he turned into an animal so they packed all their things and left. I went back to talk to him but he didn't opened the door so I went home. The next day early in the morning I returned to his house, he was sitting in his front porch by himself.". Key smiled;wiping away his tears as he remembered that day,"My heart started racing I was extremely nervous but I gather all my courage and approached him. When he looked up at me I felt my knees get weak, my whole face turned red I couldn't even say a word to him. I just stood there like a complete idiot. He smiled at me and apologized for not coming over. I sat beside him and apologized for not opening the door. We talked for a while and then he thanked me for talking to him yesterday. Even though he was smiling I could tell he was sad so I hugged him. He then started to cry and told me that he missed his parents and that he had nothing to take with him to remember them by. I asked him were he was going and he told me that Jonghyun's parents were nice enough to take him in. A few minutes later one of Jonghyun's maids came over to help him pack his stuff so I left. Since he was sad I wanted to give him a gift. I first wanted to give him flowers so I went to the garden by Jonghyun's home since the flowers were beautiful there.". He let out a small laugh,"I actually ended up giving him the rock by accident. When I was going to pick up some roses this rock was there by the rose bush. I picked it up with the intention of throwing it aside by some other rocks, but then Onew started talking to me telling me that I shouldn't cut the flowers on Jonghyun's garden. I walked up to him and told him I wanted to give him some flowers to cheer him up. He told me that just talking to me made him feel better. I still gave him the rock since it was better than nothing. He thank me, told me it was beautiful and then he gave me my first kiss.".

"Did Jonghyun catch you two kissing?".

"No it was just a quick peck on the lips. We were both still children we weren't even in our teen years yet.", he smiled,"Even though it was a quick second my heart was racing, I couldn't even speak or look at him. He told me to come visit him and then he left running to Jonghyun house.".

"Wow you two started dating young.".

"No we started dating years later.".

"So did you go visit him everyday?".

"Unfortunately no. I went back to Jonghyun's house the next day but they didn't allow me to see him. We didn't see for nine months, the first day we saw each other was on the New Years banquet. He came up to me and asked me why I haven't went to go visit him. I told him that they didn't allow me to see him. He told me it was probably a huge mistake and that he would talk to Jonghyun so I could go inside and visit him, since he wasn't allowed to leave the house. The next day I was told Jonghyun wanted to see me, I thought he was finally going to let me see Onew but I was wrong. He called Onew over and he yelled at both of us. He was mad that Onew ignored him the day of the New Years banquet to be with me. That day was the first time Jonghyun ever hit me. Onew tried to stop him, he pleaded with him telling him that it was his fault since he started talking to me first. That only mad Jonghyun madder and he ordered Onew to hit me.".

"Did Onew hyung actually hit you?", Taemin asked.

"Even though he didn't want to do it, he had to since it was an order from the god. He was sobbing loudly as he hit me.",he sighed,"After that we didn't have contact with each other for three whole months. That was until he sent me a letter with Amber, we used to write letter to each other every week. Yoona, Amber, Sooyoung, Leeteuk and Siwon used to take turns delivering the letters so Jonghyun wouldn't suspect anything. We did that for years I fell completely head over heels in love with him at the age of fourteen. I used to drop hints about my feelings for him in the letters I wrote him but every time  he wrote back it was like I didn't say a thing. I don't know if he didn't get the hints or he was afraid but I finally got feed up with it. That year on the New Years banquet I confessed to him. I was afraid he was going to reject me but instead he kissed me.".

"So you been together since you where fourteen?".

"Sort of. We broke up a couple of times because of Jonghyun but we always ended up getting back together.".

"It must be wonderful to have someone willing to fight for your love like that.", Taemin commented.

"I'm sure you'll find someone.", Key smiled,"Minho is very cute don't you think.".

Taemin whole face turned a light shade of red,"I guess.".

"You guess? I for sure thought he would be your type.", he thought it was cute seeing how nervous Taemin was getting.

"Minho and I are just friends nothing more.".

"Onew and I started off as friends, and look at us now. You never know maybe one day you both could end up together.".

"Did Minho mention anything to you?".

"No why? Was he suppose to say something to me.".

"Nevermind.", Taemin started fidgeting,"There's something I been meaning to ask you for a long time.".

Key could tell that whatever Taemin wanted to tell him was serious, since he wasn't making eye contact with him. "Okay.".

"Did I have a brother?".

"A brother?", Key re asked uncertain if he heard correctly. 

"Yes a brother. Ryeowook asked me that not so long ago.".

"He must be mistaken you never had a brother.".

"Are you sure about that? I mean every time I talk to him about my parents he gets this sad look on his face and chances the subject. He even did that to Amber too.".

"Really?", Key had to admit that was odd.

"Yes and apparently he was closed to my parents. My dad even let him play his piano when he never let me touch it.".

"That's odd, I never saw him near your parents at all. He was always sitting alone under this cherry tree.", Key commented,"I could ask him for you but it's really hard to get anything out of him. Just last week we found out he had a job as a music teacher,and he wasn't even the one who told us. Amber and I figured it out ourselves when extra money started appearing for the groceries. My point is if he does know something he probably isn't going to say anything, especially if Jonghyun is somehow involved in it.".

"I know.", he sighed,"Speaking of Ryeowook what did you Leeteuk hyung meant when he said true form? Doesn't Ryeowook just turned into a cat?".

"I'm not suppose to say anything since it looks like Ryeowook wants to keep that private but those posses by the cat have another form. I personally have never seen it but Siwon did." Key informed him as he the stood up,"I'm going to go cook you something to eat. I know you don't eat well at home and I want you to have a good meal before you leave.".

"Thank you, I really wanted to have some of your cooking.", Taemin said as he followed him out of the room.

"I'll call you when it's ready.", as Key went towards the kitchen he saw Taemin enter Minho's bedroom.

                                       XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

A/N: Well that does it for this chapter I hope you enjoyed it. Please forgive me for any spelling/grammar mistake I may have missed. See you all in the next chapter...