Jonghyun: Loneliness

The Curse

A/N: I want to thank you all for reading this story, I apologize in advance for any spelling/grammar mistake I may have missed. I really hope you enjoy this chapter...

                                               XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Jonghyun was bedridden once again. Even though he wasn't feeling well he decided not call Amber, since what he had was incurable. It was all part of the curse, the price he had to pay for being the god. He felt excruciating pain all over his body each and every time he became sick. He always had a fear of dying young and alone, and every time he got sick he was scared that it would come true.

"How are you feeling?", his mother asked as she came into his room.

"It hurts but it comes and goes.", he answered, not wanting to revealed his fear."When did you get here?".

"Last night.", she informed him,"Why isn't Amber here?".

"I told her to leave. I don't really need a doctor right now, there's nothing she can do about this.",he wince,"I'm really glad you're here I didn't want to be alone.".

"Your father and I are about to leave on another trip. I just came to bring you a souvenir from our previous one.", she reached into her purse and handed him a small snow globe.

Jonghyun held the small snow globe in his hand. It was the exact same snow globe that they always bought him from the airport; each and every time they travel."Could you please stay with me, I really don't want to be alone.", he placed the snow globe in his nightstand.

"If you feel lonely call Jinki, that's why he's here for.".

"I can't call him, he's sick.",he answered in the verge of tears. The pain he was feeling right now was unbearable, he just wanted someone to lay beside him and hold his hand; just like Amber and Jinki use to.

"He should know that your health comes first.", she stated,"I'll send one of the servants to go get him.".

"You can't he isn't here, he's at Amber's.", he informed her.

She laughed,"You complain about being alone, yet you sent everyone away. It makes me believe that what the servants told me is true.".

"What did they say?".

"They told me you freed the cat, please tell me that isn't true.", she stated.

"It's true I let Ryeowook go live with Amber.", he answered."But I ordered him not to tell Taemin anything, so it doesn't really matter where he lives.".

"You're a weak pathetic god. That nobody respects.", she yelled at him.

"Shut up!", he yelled,"All I wanted was your love, but your incapable of loving anyone but yourself. I expected to much of you, you will never be like Kibum's mother. She actually loved me, she would have stayed here with me.".

"She's dead move on.", she mocked him,"You're so pathetic if you actually thought she loved you. She was forced to take care of you, she loved Kibum more than she loved you, just like Jinki does. All of them prefer being with each other instead of being with you, they all hate you. Once they succeed and break the curse. You'll be completely alone, because no one loves you.".

"You're lying that's not true.",Jonghyun began to hyperventilate.

"I'm your mother, why would I lie to you?",she sat on his bed side and grabbed one of the several paper bags; that Jonghyun had on his nightstand drawer,"Calm down Jonghyun, calm down and breath into this.".

Jonghyun started to breath into the paper bag as he tried to regulate his breathing.

"Listen I'm your mother, and even if you don't see it now I want what's best for you. I don't want Kibum to take everything from you. He killed his mother, he'll probably kill Jinki next.", she said as she rubbed his back,"Did you forget that the reason Amber left you was because of him. I thought the both of you were going to get married, but like always Kibum got in the way. I guess her love for you wasn't enough, she preferred to protect him instead of staying with you.".

"Are you sure he killed her? He assure me it wasn't him.", he said. He was still a little out of breath, but he was now able to breath properly.

"Don't let him fool you, murders always lie.", she stated,"You can't never trust a snake.".

It pained Jonghyun to know that the guy he protected,cared for and called his brother for all those years betrayed him. 

"Even though she wasn't your real mother I know you loved her like one. It's so sad that you have so much love to give but yet no one wants it.", she smiled at him as she caressed his face,"Since they don't love you, you have to make them respect you. Bring Jinki and Ryeowook back, with them out of the Main House they'll be able to break the curse faster. When that happens you will be completely alone, you will die alone.". She gave him a kiss on the forehead,"The curse is your salvation Jonghyun, you can't allow them to break it.".

"I promised Jinki that Ryeowook, could remain free.".

"You don't have to keep your promises, your the god start acting like it.". She stood up,"I have to go or I'm going to miss my flight. Please listen to your mother Jonghyun, bring them back here.". She smiled at him before she left the room.

Jonghyun remained in his bed, he really didn't know what to do. Everything his mother said made perfect sense to him. I don't want to be alone, he thought as he began to cry. 

"Jonghyun hyung.", Taemin said as he knock on the door.

He knew his mother was right they all hated him, they just pretended to like him because they were forced to."Come in.", he wiped away his tears, not wanting to show any weakness.

"Jonghyun hyung, Luna and I want to know if you wanted to.", he stopped talking as he stared at him,"Why are you crying?".

"Does it even matter, is not like you care what happens to me.".

"That's not true, I care about you hyung.", he took out his cellphone,"I can tell your in pain,I'll call Amber.".

It took all of Jonghyun strength, but he manage to get out of bed and snatch the cellphone away from Taemin,"You're not calling anyone.",he yelled as he dropped the phone on the floor.

"My phone!",Taemin bend down to pick it up,"You cracked the screen.".

"Does it look like I care.", he kick him, causing Taemin to fall to the floor,"Go tell my driver to prepare the car, I'm going to pay Jinki,and Ryeowook a visit.".

He got off the floor,putting his phone away in his pocket,"I'll let him know.",he said as he then ran out of the room.

Jonghyun winced at the pain as he changed his clothes; every inch of his body ache at the slightest movement. Dealing with the pain gave him seconds thoughts about wanting to go and retrieve Jinki and Ryeowook. I have to go get them, I need them to respect me, show them that I'm not weak, he thought. He was now fully convinced that what his mother told him was right. If they broke the curse they would have no bond with him, he would have to live completely alone and in pain. I'm doing the right thing he thought as he grabbed his cane to keep his balance. Even though every step he took was painful, he continued to walk as if nothing was wrong.

"Jonghyun hyung.", Taemin bowed,"Can I please go with you, I want to see Onew hyung.".

"His name is Jinki.",he poked him with his cane; pushing him up against the car"He's coming back to the Main House tonight, you can see him then.".

"Does that mean you're bringing Ryeowook back too?", he asked as he remain pinned up against the car.

"Yes, but unlike Jinki you won't be able to see him. As a matter a fact no one will see him for a very long time.", he smirk,"Taemin you know this cane can do more than just poke you right?" Jonghyun lifted up his cane and swung it; stopping it an inch away from Taemin face,"I don't want to hit that pretty face of yours.", he smiled as he brought the cane back down to his side. "Now tell me since when are you so close to that wretched cat?".

"W-w-what d-do you mean? I'm not close to him at all.", Taemin stuttered as he shook in fear.

"Don't lie to me Taemin, I'm not afraid to hit you.", he lifted up his cane once again."If you're not close to him, then why do you ask about him?" 

Taemin just stood there frozen, without saying a word.

"Cat got your tongue?", he laughed,"Why are you protecting him? What did he told you?".

"He didn't told me anything.", he answered in a low whisper.

"What was that? I can't hear you. I can tell that you don't want to talk to me, it really hurts.", he pouted,"Well if you want to remain silent, I'll do you a favor and silence you forever.". Jonghyun placed the tip of his cane on Taemin's neck; pressing it hard on his throat.

"Stop it! That's enough.", Luna push Jonghyun; freeing Taemin."Are you okay?".

Taemin cough,"Luna run inside the house and lock the door.".

"How dare you push me.", Jonghyun tightly grabbed her by the arm.

"Please let go of me, it hurts.", she said.

"You think that hurts? Let me show you what real pain is.", he yelled at her as he lifted up his cane once again.

"Jonghyun hyung please stop. She didn't know what she was doing.", Taemin kneeled down in front of him,"I'll take her punishment, but please don't hurt her.".

Jonghyun immediately let go of Luna,"Both of you go inside, leave before I change my mind.".

"Thank you.",Taemin got off the ground as he and Luna then ran inside. 

As soon as they were out of sight, Jonghyun kneeled down on the floor and began to cry.

"Sir, are you okay?", his driver asked.

"I can't do this anymore. My mother was right I'm weak.".

His driver help him up and led him towards the car,"You're mother trusted you to bring Jinki and Ryeowook back. Prove to her that you're not weak by bringing them back.".

Jonghyun wiped his tears away and got in the car,"Thank you, for reminding me of what I'm suppose to do.". As he looked out the window he couldn't help but remember the look of fear Luna and Taemin displayed as they stared at him. It reminded him of when his parents first came back and hit him. Did I gave my parents the same look they gave me, he wondered. They don't love or respect me, but they fear me. It's practically the same as being alone, he thought.  He didn't want to break his promise to Jinki, but if he kept his promise, he knew he would most likely end up alone; if the curse broke. No one would be by his side since he was now sure they all feared him.

His driver stopped the car then open the door for him,"Do you need any help sir.".

"No.",he answered as he grabbed his cane and exited the car. Jonghyun made his way towards the house gates; right when he was about to open it Amber opened it for him. 

 "I was expecting you.", she smiled at him.

"Did Taemin told you I was coming?", he asked as they walked towards the house.

"Yes, but don't be mad at him. He said you look like you were in pain.", she answered him,"Since you're walking with that cane, I know that's true.".

"You and I both know you can't do anything about this.", he stated as they entered the house,"I didn't came for a doctor's visit. I'm here to bring Jinki and Ryeowook back to the Main House.".

"You can't be serious, Jinki isn't fully healed and you can't lock up Ryeowook again, that isn't right.".

"I decide what's right and what isn't.", he told her,"I want them back at the Main House.".

"This isn't like you at all, you were determined to leave Onew here until he was all better. Besides you made a deal with Onew to let Ryeowook be free, please don't go back on your word.", she begged.

"I can't do whatever I want, go get them so I can leave.".

"Jjong you can't let them influence you again, you're mother doesn't care about you. She just cares about the money she gets because you're her son.", she stated.

"Stop calling me Jjong, you and I aren't together anymore.", he yelled at her,"I'm aware that my mother likes spending money, but she doesn't lie to me, she has no reason to. You want Jinki and Ryeowook to stay because you want to break the curse, you all want to get rid of me.". 

"That isn't true, I really care about you. If we break the curse, you will no longer feel pain, and we could be together.", she tried to hold his hand but he didn't let her.

"You're a liar, if you really loved me, you wouldn't have left with Kibum.", he said,"You can't fool me anymore Amber.".

"I do love you, and I hate seeing you full of hatred.".

"Go get Jinki and Ryeowook, I want to leave.",Jonghyun said as he felt the pain coming back.

"No.", she answered,"You and I had a deal remember. If you want Jinki you have to bring back Luna.".

"We have already establish that I can do whatever I want.", he yelled,"Go get them.".

"I know you can do whatever you want, but Luna isn't part of this curse. She doesn't need to listen to you. As soon as you bring Onew back to the Main House, the deal is off and she'll be free to do whatever she wants. Are you sure you want an outsider at the Main House, who knows what she could find if she looks around.".

Jonghyun knew that what Amber was saying was true, if Luna remained in the Main House it could be dangerous for him,"Fine I'll pick up Jinki tomorrow and bring you back Luna. Ryeowook isn't part of the deal so go bring him.".

"I can't do that. As I recall you said that Onew gave up his freedom to let Ryeowook be here.", she stated.

"That's something I need to discuss with Jinki and not you.".

"It's a real shame you can't talk to him now, he took some medicine and he's fast asleep.", she informed him,"Talk to him when you pick him up tomorrow.".

Jonghyun didn't want to hurt Jinki more than he already did, so he decided to wait and talk to him. "I'll be back here tomorrow with Luna. Not only will I be taking them to the Main House, I also want you to suppress Luna memories.", he said as he exited the house and headed towards his car. 

"Jonghyun wait.", Amber followed him out.

"If you're trying to convince me to not suppress her memory, it isn't going to work.".

"Forget about all that.", she said as she got closer to him,"Even though you're trying to hide it, I can tell you're in pain. Do you want some medicine?".

"The pain comes and goes, and those pills you give me don't do nothing to stop it.", he told her as he got inside his car,"I'll see you tomorrow.". 

                                                 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

A/N: The upcoming chapter for The Curse is the second special chapter. It's going to be in Amber's P.O.V so I hope you look forward to that. Anyways thank you for reading this chapter I hope you enjoyed it. See you all in the next chapter...