Jonghyun: A Small Change of Heart

The Curse

A/N: Thank you for reading and enjoying this story... I hope you enjoy this chapter. 

                                              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Jonghyun sat alone in his dark living room; the image of Jinki collapsing kept replaying in his head over and over again. He was happy to have broken Jinki's will, but he didn't like how it turned out. He was genuinely concern, he wanted to go see him to make sure he was okay; but he didn't want to show any weakness. He grabbed a the wine bottle that he had in his living room table and pour himself another glass.

"Sir Luna wants to see you.", a servant informed him as she entered his home.

"Let her in.", he instructed. Jonghyun had been declining to see Luna since she came to live in the Main House. The only reason he decided to see her today was to found out how Jinki was doing. He was sure that Minho was keeping her updated on Jinki's health.

"It's really dark in here.", Luna commented as she the lights.

"Turn them off.", he yelled without bothering to look at her direction.

"Why do you want the lights off, your house is beautiful.", she smiled, bowing before him.

"I'm not going to give you a house tour, if that what you're here for then leave.", Jonghyun stood turning off the lights himself.

"I was wondering if you were alright?", she took a seat on the couch,"It isn't good to be locked up inside all day.".

He was now regretting letting her in, no one had ever disobeyed him before,"Get out now!", he yelled.

She ignored him,"You look thin have you eaten anything yet?".

"Whatever I do doesn't concern you.", he took a sip of his wine. Jonghyun was beginning to get annoyed with Luna; he now knew he wasn't going to found out anything about Jinki from her. "Please leave before I'm force to take you out.".

"Taemin and I are about to eat dinner, come join us.".

"I don't want to.", he forced her to stand as he grabbed her by the arm.

"Ow!ow! Please let go of me, I'll leave.", as soon as Jonghyun let go; she rubbed her arm to soothe the pain."I know you're probably upset and lonely because you miss Mr.Bunny, but if you need anyone to talk to I'm here for you.".

"I don't need your pity, and I don't miss Jinki.", Jonghyun had never met anyone as stubborn as her; he had never felt so powerless.

"We both know that isn't true, you should go pay him a visit.", she suggested,"I know you probably have some guilt for keeping him locked in that room for so long, but it isn't to late to apologize.".

"You don't know anything!", He raised his hand at her. His face became flushed as his hand began to shake; stopping himself from hitting her."Leave or the one who is going to get lock up in there is you.". A smirk started to form in his face as he saw Luna tear up and shake in fear.

"Sorry.", she said as she ran out of Jonghyun home.

Jonghyun threw his glass of wine at the door. He felt angry and guilty; not towards Luna but with himself. He could no longer bear not knowing how Jinki was; he took his cellphone out of his pocket and dialed Amber's number.

"Jonghyun, how are you doing? Are you feeling well?", she answered the phone.

"I'm fine.", he responded,"How's Jinki doing? Is he doing better?".

"His fever went down, and he is now awake.", she answered,"He should be fully recovered in three to five days.".

"Can I bring him back home? Can he recover here?".

"Yes he is well enough to be transferred back home, but he shouldn't be locked up in that place it would deteriorate his health.", she informed him,"My professional advice is that he stays here until he's fully recovered.".

"I didn't ask for your advice.", he told her,"Prepare whatever you need to prepare, I'll be there tomorrow morning to pick him up." Jonghyun didn't bother to say goodbye he just ended the call. Knowing that Jinki was doing better and that he would soon be with him made him extremely happy and calm. After Jonghyun got ready for bed he turned off his bedroom lights and tried to go to sleep, but all he could think about was separating  Kibum from Jinki. He couldn't wait to see Kibum cry begging him to let him stay; seeing him suffer was better than seeing him dead. 

The next morning he sat in the car waiting for Luna and Taemin to get in. Even though he was bringing Jinki back home he wasn't going to let go of Luna like he had promised. He wanted her to stay longer, he wanted her to fear and obey him like everyone else. 

"Everyone in school knows me as the girl with the cow, thanks to you.", he heard Luna say as she opened the car door.

"It's your fault, besides for the thousandth time I'm and Ox not a cow.", Taemin said as he got into the car, dropping his book bag on the floor,"Jonghyun hyung what are you doing here?".

"Taemin why are you transforming is school? Do you think this is a game?", he stared him down.

Taemin looked down,"It was an accident. No one knew it was me, it only happened once.".

"It was all my fault, I didn't.", Luna said before Jonghyun interrupted her.

"Quiet I didn't ask you!", he yelled; glaring at her."There is no doubt in my mind it was you, I know you find this entertaining but I had enough of you.".

"Jonghyun hyung it isn't her fault. It was all mine I was being careless.".

"I don't care whose fault it is. I live in constant pain not knowing whether or not I will live to see the next day, due to this curse.", he raised Taemin head forcing him to look at him,"All that happens to you is that you turn into a damn Ox. I don't appreciate that you and your little friend here see this as a game, enjoy your last week in that school. Because you and Minho are not returning pass this week.". 

Taemin began to tear up,"Jonghyun hyung please let us continue going to that school. All of this was just an accident.".

"Quiet!",he took a deep breath as he tried to calm. He didn't want Jinki to see him mad since it could ruin his plan."Stop the car.", he ordered the driver. As soon as the car stop he smiled,"Both of you walk the rest of the way, get out of the car.".

"But it's so far, we won't make it there in time.", Luna said.

"I don't care, get out!", he ordered. Once they got out of the car he ordered the driver to continue driving as he thought of ways to make Jinki hate Kibum. 

"Sir, we're here.", the driver informed him as the car made a complete stop,"I'll go inform them that you're here.".

"Don't I want to surprise them.", he stated as he waited for the driver to open the door. When he exited his car the driver helped him put on his coat then fix the collar of his shirt,"Wait here, if I need anything I'll call you." The house was in complete silence all that was heard was the creaking sound of the metal fence as he opened it. As he walked up to the house he manage to hear Key's voice.

"Amber you can't allow him to take him.", Jonghyun heard Kibum say,"Onew isn't okay. I'm pretty sure Jonghyun abused him and took advantage of him. I can't even kiss him or get near him without him shaking and mentioning Jonghyun.".

"Key this is out of my hands, you and I both know that we can't disobey him. There's nothing I can do unfortunately sometime today Onew is going to have to leave.", Amber said,"I'm sorry I couldn't help you this time.".

Jonghyun smirked he was enjoying seeing Kibum suffer when he hadn't even done anything. He took out the keys from the house and walked in through the door causing Kibum and amber to immediately bow before him."You can get up now.".

Amber smiled at him,"You look a bit thin are you eating alright.".

"I'm fine. Where's Jinki?", he asked even though he knew he was in Kibum's bedroom.

"He's in Kibum's bedroom.", Amber answered,"I wasn't expecting you to come this early, I'll go get him ready.".

"Stop, I want to see him.", he said as he made his way towards Kibum's bedroom. 

Key was closely following him, not uttering a single word. 

Jonghyun stopped walking mid-way "I want to be with him alone.", he glared back at Key.

Key nodded and made his way back to the living room.

Once he reached kibum's bedroom he took a deep breath before entering the room.

"Key, I don't want anything leave me alone.", Onew was laying in bed with his back towards the door.

"I'm not Kibum.". 

Onew immediately got off the bed and bowed before him.

"Get up.", he ordered,"How are you feeling?". 

Onew didn't say a word he simply just stared at Jonghyun; he was breathing raggedly in gasping intervals. 

Jonghyun looked at Jinki's hands they were shaking uncontrollably; color draining from his face as a single tear rolled down his cheek."Are you having trouble breathing? I'll go get Amber."Jonghyun was about to leave when Onew stopped him.

"I'll do what you want, lets just go home.", he said in a inaudible whisper that Jonghyun somehow manage to pick up.

This was not the Jinki, Jonghyun was used to. He wasn't himself he seemed lifeless and full of fear; everything he liked about him was gone, it was like he was a completely different person. It pained him to know that it was him who caused this change. The reason why he tortured Jinki was to hurt Kibum; but he now realized he hurt Jinki more than he hurt Kibum. "You're not coming home with me. You're staying here.".

"No, I need to go home.".

"Don't worry about anything or anyone.", he smiled at him,"Just focus on yourself and get better. Luna and Taemin are fine. Go back to bed that's an order.". As soon as he saw him lay in bed he walked out of the room.

"I got most of the stuff that I need for the transfer in the car.", Amber informed him.

"That isn't necessary, I'm letting Jinki stay here.", he said,"Amber move him out of Kibum's room and make sure they are never left alone.". 

Amber nodded as she headed straight outside towards the car.

"Why can he stay in my bedroom? I'm taking really good care of him.", Key asked.

Jonghyun laughed,"I care deeply about Jinki. The only reason I'm letting him stay is because I trust Amber and I know she is the best person to take care of him. I'll would never let you take care of him, like you did with your mother.".

"What does my mother have to do with all of this? You're not making any sense.".

"I fed up with you playing innocent, you know exactly what you did to your mother, and I won't allow you to do the same to Jinki.", he said.

"What do you think I did mother? I barely had her here with me, you have no idea how scared I was after she died.", Key began to cry,"I was left completely alone to fend for myself, even you who claimed to be my brother turned your back on me. You didn't even attend her funeral.".

"Stop acting like the victim, the only victim here is your mother. You killed her, you killed the only person who ever treated me with love. You kill the only woman who was a mother to me.".

"I didn't kill my mother, I was a just a child.", Key stated,"Why would I killed her I loved her, she died of natural causes.".

"No she didn't she was murdered and you were the one who killed her, and you're going to pay for that the rest of your life.".

"My mother was murdered?", Key collapsed to the ground and began to sob uncontrollably. 

Jonghyun stared at him, seeing him on the ground crying reminded him of when they were children. Kibum was a curious child who loved to explore knew places, Jonghyun used to go along with him to take care of him and make sure he didn't hurt himself. Kibum was running around following a wild bunny when he tripped and scrapped himself; causing him to burst into tears. Jonghyun ran to his side and told him everything was going to be fine; gently lifting him up as he carried him on his back all the way home. As Jonghyun stared at him crying on the floor he didn't see Kibum the guy he hated, he saw Kibum his little brother. In a moment of weakness Jonghyun embrace him,"Everything is going to be fine Kibummie.". Key hugged him tightly burying his head on his shoulder as Jonghyun rub his back. Jonghyun began to cry as well, he hadn't felt more like himself in such a long time.

"Sir we need to go now!", the driver walked into the house immediately separating him from Key,"The god shouldn't be engaging in this type of behavior."

"He can do whatever he pleases.", Amber stared at the driver,"Your not welcome in my home get out.".

"It's my job to take care of him, and I'm not leaving here without him. Sir we need to go now.".

Jonghyun bottom lip quivered as he stared at Kibum, "I won't allow you to confuse me again. You will pay for killing your mother. I will make you suffer so much that you are going to wish you were dead.". Jonghyun stormed out of the house and slammed the door shut. As soon as his driver opened the door he got into the car; he looked out the car window and stared at were Jinki  was. "I'm sorry Jinki.", he apologized hoping Luna was right, that it wasn't to late to apologize. 

                                                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

A/N: Well that does it for this chapter, I hope you enjoyed it please leave a comment I really enjoy reading them also...See you all in the next chapter