Eighth

Finding the Soulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Did you just call me a hobbit?”

 

About a month and a half later, somewhere in November, Yoongi found it very hard to live. He had to do a couple of more group projects and presentations and it just so happened that he got paired up with Namjoon each time. The brunet tried his hardest like always and he really did believe that their project turned out to be flawless, but they got only a C. Every. Goddamn. Time.

Yoongi was frustrated and the blond could see it very clearly. It wasn’t a hard thing to do, the shorter guy was terrible at hiding his irritation and it’s not like he actually tried to disguise it. He was a hardworking student, who sought only for the best grades, everyone knew it by that time. When Namjoon kept inquiring him what the deal was, the brunet just sighed and said it was a habit from early childhood. He’d always been pressured to get A+ since first years in school and he probably developed an urge to be first.

“But grades don’t define you,” Namjoon contradicted.

“I know, but I can’t help it,” the other mumbled, lazily picking on his piece of pork cutlet.

“I guess it’s just our faces, man,” the blond chuckled, “I mean, we both look unamused as or like we’re about to murder someone.”

“You’re not helping,” he scoffed and harshly dug his fork into the meat.

The taller male sighed, shoving some hot noodles into his mouth. They tasted ty, but Yoongi took the last cutlet before him and the guy was stuck with taking the noodles in university’s cafeteria. Slurping loudly, he observed the coursemate, who was sitting in front of him. The brunet was obviously sulking and Namjoon wasn’t too sure if it was a pout or a frown on his face. Honestly speaking, Namjoon felt a bit guilty for Yoongi being so distressed, the guy was well aware that he didn’t put enough effort in their group projects.

“I see you’ve finally found the ring,” he blurted out suddenly, looking for a way to cheer the other up.

“Huh?” the brunet looked up from his food to the ring on his thumb.

“Have you seen Lord of the Rings?”

There was a short pause and deadly silence between both young men until Yoongi’s eyes shot up and threw daggers at Namjoon and a low hiss escaped through his clenched teeth.

“Did you just call me a hobbit?”

Before the blond could laugh it off, he was introduced to a sharp pain in his left shin. The short guy made sure to kick him as hard as he could. Namjoon scowled while rubbing his aching leg. When he was done massaging the hurting spot, clicked his tongue for the last time and opened his eyes, he was met with Yoongi’s stern gaze.

“I’m sorry I’m sorry, okay?” he lifted up his arms, “I just wanted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter