Sixth

Finding the Soulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Just admit I'm your senpai and bow down to me”

 

Suga felt nervous and estatic at the same time. The night was chilly, yet he couldn’t know, because the crowded club was nothing but a raging and full of steams. He was lurking in the back, seeing basically nothing due his short height and the massive number of people who gathered, but he could hear everything and that was enough for him. The guy took in every single rhyme and line the other rappers spat out. He knew he was gonna murder them all with his sharp lyrics at the end of the gig, but he still was attentive to others.

Speaking of the event, the time had finally come for the annual autumn hip-hop concert in the middle of September, where only the best underground rappers came. Of course, Rap Monster was also there and the fate did its games, putting him second-to-last and Suga – left for the very end as the most anticipated act. But for Suga such rapper was the already mentioned tall guy. The blond was a bit mad since the other dodged the drinking session of the groupmates last Friday night, but the older male didn’t care as long as Rap Monster didn’t know his secret.

The show was reaching its end and it was time for the said rapper to go on stage. Suga moved closer, trying to ignore the sweat running down his body. It was extremely hot in the venue and his dark clothing, fully covering his body, didn’t help at all. But there’s no way he could ever get rid off any party of the ever-same attire. 

Rap Monster was at it again, rolling his shoulders and lifting up the mic to start spew out his words. The lights were flickering as he moved on the stage, the crowd was energetic even after bouncing to six musicians that came before. After half an hour of performing his already-known songs, the tall rapper breathed into the microphone:

“And now, before I go, a little extra note on my Instagram video you’ve all liked so much,” the crowd cheered with excitement.

Standing at the edge of the stage, already with a mic in his hands, Suga felt a chill running down his spine. He sensed something foreboding was bound to happen. The guy was well aware of the fact that the other referring to their on-going diss battle and he wasn’t afraid of Rap Monster coming at him, he always had degrading lyrics to spit back. But he just didn’t want it. He had spent too much time with the guy back at university and the thought of murdering each other on stage become more and more unpleasant.

“Yo, midget, remember well?” the blond in the middle of heated stage spoke, smirking and shortly glancing at the guy backstage, “I’ll spit on ya like a king cobra, cuz I’m a rap genius and I’m a rap Jesus. Or just call me a rap monster, cuz I rap non-stop!” the artist ran from one edge of the stage to the other and picked a water bottle, ready to throw it at the frenzied hip-hop lovers, as the beat intensified, “Now I’m commanding ya to let go of the mic and step down. I’ll push ya out, cuz you’re nothing and I hate ya. I’m growling right now, you’re in danger!”

Rap Monster extended the last words, ending it together with the music. He felt hyped like never before. The guy was proud of himself, hearing the crowd’s clear acceptance. It also let him know that all the hard work and sleepless nights payed off. Still lost somewhere of the ecstasy of appreciation, a random and surprising thought crossed his mind: he wished his new groupmate Yoongi could see him right now, maybe he would turn into a hip-hop fan? 

Somewhat woolgathering, he failed to spot his rival’s gaze as he went down the stage and passed him. If he didn’t, he would have seen the flames of determination in Suga’s eyes. T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter