Third

Finding the Soulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Can't we change partners?”

 

“Sailing alooooone around the rooooom... never seemed best,” Yoongi repeated the words along the song in his head silently, his eyes closed, “Sailing alo–“

“You’re at it again,” a mocking tone tickled his eardrums as one of the earplugs was thrown out of his ear.

The brunet grunted, recognising Hoseok’s voice. He was walking to the university from the parking lot and the groupmate must have ran up to him from behind, because the guy swore he didn’t see the other coming. Maybe it’s also because he didn’t really pay much attention to his surroundings for he was too carried away by an American song.

“So, have you chosen a partner for the class of Applied Linguistics?” the ever-so bright male continued before Yoongi could react, “I wanted to suggest doing the project together, but I’ve got some girl as a pair.”

“,” the brunet finally muttered.

He didn’t have a partner nor did he remember what project Hoseok was even talking about. The first two weeks of new academic year he was too busy staring at one particular ragged blond or secretly preparing for a rap performance in the end of September. He had to get back at Rap Monster for that short video on social media, right?

“Your reaction tells me you haven’t got one yet,” the groupmate remarked.

Yoongi just gave the male a displeased look, clearly showing that he wasn’t in the mood to talk. He hated group projects in the first place. He preferred working alone, so any kind of teamwork was like a deadly disease to him. Trying to suppress his seemingly endless act of sighing, Yoongi plopped on the chair in the room of first lecture. Hoseok finally outgrew the habit to stick around, so the brunet found himself surrounded by other groupmates, while the old friend sat somewhere in the back.

When the lecturer of Applied Linguistics course began his seminar, he didn’t fail to bring up the project that was already making Yoongi frustrated. As the old man asked if everyone had already found a pair, the brunet scanned each student with a vigilant eye. He looked for hesitation or worry in at least one of their faces. The number of students in his course was even, so there had to be at least one more person without a team buddy. To fashionista’s great disappointment, everybody seemed calm and not bothered by the project.

The short male remained feeling restless until the end of the seminar. The goddamn task was destroying his braincells like an infective parasite and the guy growled as soon as the class ended and he could run to the bathroom. What was he supposed to do? Go to each study colleague and ask if they have a partner for the stupid project? That required way too much effort… His mental torture soon somewhat ended when he went to the auditorium of the next lecture, where people were still waiting for the professor.

“Hey, Yoongi… right?” a tall person approached the guy as he was making his way to some other youngsters he was starting to get closer to.

“Huh?” the brunet heaved a dull sound, turning to the voice that called him, but had to stop his eyes from falling out.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter