Eighteenth

Finding the Soulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“we need to talk, namjoon"

 

Much later, on another Saturday of late spring, Namjoon was strolling out of a convenience store close to Yoongi’s house with two cups of cold coffee, simply because it’s barely past 6 AM and none of the coffee shops were open yet. He’s heading to Yoongi’s place, not really expecting the male to be up already, but hoping he’d wake up easily and be ready to provide comfort. Namjoon wasn’t asking too much, right? His mind was just too heavy to the point he began losing sleep and had to vent it all out. He knew Yoongi was perfect at listening, the man always just sat near and took in every word without interfering or without asking any questions, just giving a piece of advice from time to time if he felt it was necessary.

The blond was having so much on his mind lately. Ever since rap battle with Suga, he didn’t perform on underground scene. Not that he was ashamed, but he just dedicated himself to working with new label. After he sighed the contract and his first official mixtape dropped, various collaboration offers lined up not only from fellow AOMG members but also from other labels’ artists. Namjoon got swept in the whole music scene so much he decided to drop out of the university instead of just taking an academic break and just chuckled at Yoongi’s pout when he broke the news to the friend. The tall rising rapper also began to earn quite a lot of money soon and was able to help his parents move to a better apartment in a nicer area of Seoul. The only thing he missed about university was hanging out with Yoongi almost everyday. Not that they didn’t see each other frequently, but it wasn’t the same. Plus, after the diss battle he mostly talked only about Suga and that obviously pissed Yoongi off.

Speaking of Suga, Namjoon didn’t miss a chance to check his official Instagram account and Soundcloud updates. He even went back to the hip hop club to see the rapper perform, but he couldn’t see the spark in the other’s eyes when he rapped and that left the blond highly disappointed. He’s so profound of the man and jealous of that talent to spit fire, but the flames in his eyes were nowhere to be seen anymore and Namjoon could say that he felt the admiration cooling off.

Lost deep in his thoughts, Namjoon snapped out only when he’s standing in front of Yoongi’s door. He pressed the doorbell hesitantly, realising only now that no one might be awake in the house. Luckily enough, Yoongi’s mother just finished her early morning yoga routine and opened the door after a few minutes.

“Oh, Namjoon,” she beamed at the young man; she’s already familiar with Yoongi’s friend, “You’re early. I think my both men are still sleeping.”

The blond just flashed a guilty smile and came inside. He took off his shoes and wasted no time in climbing up the stairs to the second floor. Although he’s been in this house plenty of times already, he’s been in Yoongi’s room only once or twice; they usually hung out in the lounge or the garden. So Namjoon knocked on the bedroom door cautiously, then repeated the action only once before silently opening the door and getting inside. Surprisingly, Yoongi wasn’t in his unmade bed so Namjoon thought he might be in the shower, but there was no sound of running water coming from the bathroom.

The man looked around once again just to be sure that his friend was really not inside the room. Namjoon’s eyes stumbled upon a second door which he wasn’t too sure what was for. Probably a walk-in closet, he figured. Hoping that Yoongi’s in there, he approached, knocked once and hesitantly cracked the door open and peeked inside

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter