Twentieth

Finding the Soulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“that was hella big of a cat"

 

Yoongi strolled into the chicken place, trying to appear calm and cool and that way convince himself things were alright. Partly, he was floating on a cloud, happy that Namjoon gave him a chance, that he was willing to meet Yoongi and hopefully let him explain. But on the other hand, the raven-haired had no idea how he’s supposed to give a decent explanation to all of this. He honestly caught himself wishing he’s able to erase his own existence and just vanish into thin air.

A waiter came to the entrance and Yoongi said that one more person would be joining him later, because he couldn’t spot any tall blond male when he quickly looked around the place. He was escorted to a vacant table for two and handed a menu, but he just ordered what they always have: half boneless garlic, half boneless spicy, and a pitcher of draft beer. The utensils, side dishes and alcohol were served soon and Yoongi began to worry if his friend will really show up. Namjoon wasn’t the one to usually come late. Were they even still considered friends? Was the blond ever going to let Yoongi reason his actions? And what did he mean when he said something about not minding Seokjin from now on?

It’d have been a joke to say Yoongi was nervous. His heart was racing in the ribcage and he couldn’t control his shaking legs or the annoying tapping against his thighs with trembling fingers. The man sighed in despair and filled his glass with cold beer as the waiter settled the chicken onto the table and threw the man a questioning look. Yoongi finished his glass in one go and Namjoon finally walked in right after.

“Looks good,” Namjoon sat down as he said, looking straight at the chicken on the table, avoiding sight of the man.

“Hey,” the dark-haired just said softly.

He wanted to throw a snarky comment on the blond being late, but he felt like he was in no position to joke around now. He remained silent as the tall guy didn’t say anything else and just dug into the chicken, trying out the spicy one first like he always did. Yoongi chewed on his bottom lip, trying to figure out what to say or do, but nervousness was taking control over him and all he managed to do was just pour Namjoon a glass of beer.

“Namjoon,” the raven-haired called almost inaudibly and continued after receiving a low hum, “Should we talk about… stuff? I don’t know what to say. I’m just sorry, I guess...”

“Let’s do the talking later,” the other replied, stuffing his face with more spicy meat, still not looking up at the male in front.

“At least tell me about Seokjin–”

“Later, ok?” the blond stopped in the middle of chewing to silence his friend, “I’m starving after all the thinking, so let me eat first.”

Yoongi just nodded curtly although the other obviously didn’t see it. Without saying anything, Namjoon put the rest of the spicy chicken onto the frustrated man’s plate and dug into the garlic one before dividing it equally, too. In return, the shorter guy kept refilling both of their glasses until the whole beer was consumed.

“It’s nice outside tonight,” Namjoon finally spoke after all chicken and beer were finished.

The other took the hint and paid for the dinner before they headed out to take a walk. The place they ate at was near Dongho bridge so in a few minutes they settled on a bench at Han River, it wasn’t a completely secluded area but it couldn’t be compared to the usual places they hung out at. Seconds after they both sat down, Namjoon was the first to speak up:

“I beat up Seokjin,” he confessed, “And deleted your Instagram account through his phone. I know you haven’t said anything, but it just didn’t feel right. I was so sure he was the one running it. You can create a new profile for this… S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter