First

Finding the Soulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Is he a hobo or something?”

 

“Veritas lux mea,” Yoongi muttered under his breath, staring at the words engraved on the entrance of Seoul National University.

Today was his first day and he was waiting for his friend, who had to arrive shortly. The youngster always came earlier than the set time, and he was never too sure why it was that way. Just a habit, perhaps? Yoongi sighed, a mild wind messing with his slicked back brown hair. He liked it this way, for it was probably the simplest way to have the perfect, no-muss-no-fuss hairstyle. Plus, a little hair gel was all he needed whenever he felt too lazy to play around with his hair in the morning, which happened very very often. 

Rather than being nervous, he was growing impatient. The young guy was not even sure why he was in such a situation anymore. His friend couldn’t have ever been called a real ‘friend.’ The only reason why Yoongi ever agreed to wait for the other at the entrance on the first day of university was because they graduated from the same high school and had been classmates since the first grade. Ever since they were little, the two didn’t get along. They liked similar music and had similar interests. Fate seemed to play with them, constantly putting both students in the same class and having them do projects together, yet the mutual preference to stay away from each other was evident. Most likely, they were too similar and saw all the flaws in each other, so being fond of one another seemed impossible. At least that’s what the waiting male thought sometimes.

“Hey-yo!” the annoyed male finally heard familiar voice grating his ears.

“Finally! Let’s hurry, Hoseok,” the man encouraged the other not to waste time and motioned for him to follow.

“Well, you know, not all of us own a car,” the newcomer explained himself, trying to regain his steady breathing, he added, “Anyways, I still can’t believe we enrolled in the same program.”

“I can’t comprehend that either! Back in high school, we didn’t even talk about what we’d like to study. And yet, here we are, still in the same city, same district, same university, and same study program!”

“Guess we’re destined to accomplish something together,” Hoseok threw a snarky comment.

The brunet just scoffed before entering the auditorium which was already full of freshmen. The two new students stepped into the enormous room and settled in the closest vacant seats. The first half of the gathering was so boring, it seemed like a complete waste of time. Yoongi felt like falling asleep as the university’s officials were introduced and gave way too long speeches about this being a new page of students' lives and whatnot. The part about library and cafeteria caught the man’s attention because he thought he’d see those two places a lot. When the second hour of endless talking and clapping reached its end, it was time for students to meet their group’s tutor. Yoongi and Hoseok quickly stood up and approached the woman from Linguistics Department responsible for the freshmen of the English Language and Literature study program.

“So, dear students, shall we all get to know each other since you’ll spend a lot of time together starting from today?” the tutor said after the small bunch of youngsters followed her out of the big room into a much smaller one.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter