Ninth

Finding the Soulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Is this the gay area of Itaewon?”

 

Just when Yoongi thought his life was taking a miserable turn, it got way worse. He couldn’t explain it, but one day in late November he came to university and as soon as he saw Namjoon, he wanted to jump on him and devour him whole. The blond was dressed as any other day, with some blue jeans and a thick hoodie, and his hair styled in a messy, disheveled manner. But on that unfortunate day for Yoongi, the other male was glowing and he had no clue why. Maybe it was because he hadn’t gotten laid for awhile now, who knows…

Being next to Namjoon was unbearable, but he basically followed the other as he always did and the brunet was just stuck in the agonizing situation. The guy was sitting at his desk, trying to fight his sudden stupid urges and focus on the lecture, when the blond’s long leg brushed against the other’s knee. Yoongi’s skin was now covered in goosebumps and he gulped hard. He sneakily fished his mobile phone out of his bag and quickly opened went to the contact list. Then the guy scrolled a bit until he found the contact he was looking for. After checking if his groupmate wasn’t peeking at what the older male was up to, he hastily typed the words and hit send:

The reply came in few seconds.

Yoongi sighed with relief. He hadn’t seen that person for a while and they weren’t only friends with benefits, but the bigger part of their encounters was initiated by exactly that crave. Being terrible at keeping in touch with people and maintaining friends, the brunet felt comfort in having at least one buddy from early teens.

He was more than happy that it was Friday and they had only three lectures, so he got to ditch Namjoon quite early. The older male just mumbled something about having no time and left in a rush. Yoongi had began giving the blond a lift home after university almost everyday, but that time the idea of being with the guy in the same car seemed unfathomable.

The guy hurried home and probably got there faster than usually. He ran to his room, slamming the door after himself, and plopped onto the bed with great power. Yoongi laid still for a second or maybe two before he started to trash around, messing up his neatly made bed and wrapping himself in the sheets. He felt like screaming, but that’d have made him look like a total drama queen. The brunet was lashing at himself for feeling so attracted towards his friend Namjoon. It was a disaster not just because the blond had a girlfriend, not just because they’re enemies in the underground hip-hop scene, but because Yoongi just couldn’t afford to be aroused by that particular man or worse… become romantically embroiled in the friendship. They would have no future together.

After long hours of sinking in self-loathing, it was time for Yoongi to head out. He looked like but tried to make his image more presentable my dressing in black skinny jeans and buttoning up a deep blue plaid shirt. He adorned his ears with fake black plugs, but decided to not put on any other accessory. Just as the brunet was about to leave the house, his phone beeped.

Yoongi’s heart skipped a beat, he could swear it and he didn’t like it at all. The guy sighed. He had convinced himself that it’s alright and he could easily overcome this small crush he had began to develop towards the blond male. He knew it’d have been much wiser to make some lame excuse and not to see the groupmate until Monday, but the older guy was a pure altruist even though he didn’t care about most people. And so Yoongi texted the meeting place to the other guy and headed out of the house with restless heart and mind.

The brunet took a taxi and that ride felt like the longest in his life. He wanted to see Namjoon but at the same time he’d have rather skipped the encounter. His head was heavy and mind just a pudle of distorted thoughts. He didn’t know what to think and just chose to switch off thinking at all. 

“Well you look kinda shining today,” Namjoon chuckled, eyeing his friend when the later arrived.

“Let’s go in,” the brunet just said, trying to hide the silly smile that was daring to form on his face.

“Why here, though? And not in the usual place?” the other kept inquiring.

“I have some plans nearby later.”

“Oh,” the taller male looked rather disappointed, “That explains the clothes. Meeting some girl?”

Yoongi scoffed as they entered the restaurant. The person he’s going to meet was far from being a female. The shorter male found a free spot at the pub and motioned Namjoon to follow him. They spent there an hour or maybe almost two, but the brunet kept checking time every few minutes and was seemingly disinterested. When the taller guy asked what was going on, he just shrugged. No matter how much he liked Namjoon, he still found it hard to stand next to him that day. 

The blond said Yoongi should just leave for his date or whatever since he looked so aloof. But the brunet was rather persistent and felt the need to satisfy everybody, especially Namjoon. Without much of a thought, he said the guy could just join him for the next stop and the blond just nodded in agreement. He hadn’t anything else to do that night and he was still walking on eggshells with his girlfriend.

They grabbed a taxi and when they shortly arrived, Yoongi practically jumped out of the car before quickly paying for the ride. He dragged the blond after him by his forearm. The older guy just wanted to run into the club, which had letters “Pulse” flashing in blue neon light above the door. Seeing the familiar bouncers at the entrance, he felt a smile building up on his face. He almost forgot the gloomy mood that had surrounded him the whole day.

“Wait,” Namjoon suddenly halted in his steps, looking around and carefully studying the people around him, “Is this the gay area of Itaewon?”

The brunet stopped as well and turned around to look at his friend, slowly letting go of the other. He studied the taller guy’s face and managed to pick up the message behind that perplexed gaze in a flash. Yoongi felt his heart drop to his stomach. God, why was he so stupid? Why did he not think before dragging the groupmate here? They didn’t even have ‘the talk.’ Honestly speaking, at that moment the brunet wasn’t sure anymore if he could ever bring himself to tell the other about his uality. He was too scared.

“Yeah,” the shorter cleared his throat awkwardly, before coming up with a lie, “I’m just gonna pick up my friend and we can go somewhere else, if you’re uncomfortable.”

“Oh, okay,” Namjoon pulled out a cigarette, he seemed to be relaxed again, “Just make it quick, alright? I almost thought you were gay,” he chuckled before lightening up his cancer stick.

Yoongi quickly turned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter