Fourth

Finding the Soulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“btw i renamed u to yoongi the genius ^^”

 

When Yoongi finally came to the library, Namjoon sighed with relief. The brunet was a bit late, but he was already getting worried that the other might not come at all. He was hesitant to ask the short guy to be his project partner, since the male looked really grumpy and not willing to cooperate. But what else was there left? Namjoon didn’t really have much choice, since almost everybody else already had a pair. 

And now, after a solid hour of setting the framework for the project and searching for material, the blond was fixing his glasses to look better at the groupmate who kept surprising him. The person who seemed to be the most furious human being ever without any real interest in anything that surrounded him, happened to be a really witty guy. Sure, the male with glasses was not a himself, he finished high school with excellent grades. But there was no way he could ever spill probably all known information about applied linguistics, moving on to contrastive linguistics and then easily picking two languages for a comparison that they could talk about like Yoongi just did. 

“Dude, how do you know it all? I really don’t get this theory,” the blond sighed, massaging his temples.

“Did you read all the articles already?” Yoongi just asked, mocking how the other said ‘dude’ in his head.

“Yeah, I’m gonna copy the useful parts into the doc right now,” the taller male said, yawning.

The brunet didn’t reply to that, he just spared a quick glance at the guy, trying to be as secretive as possible. He felt it being hard to keep his eyes off the man, because with every minute he just looked more and more handsome. Yoongi couldn’t deny it, Namjoon was a really good looking lad, but the way he suddenly started seeing him as a super attractive person just because of some stupid glasses and different hairstyle bothered him a lot. He was so dangerously close to actually crushing on the male that it scared him a little. How could he like his rival?

And even if Yoongi wasn’t as mad at the guy anymore for dissing him in one of his raps or constantly mentioning him in his posts online, he knew he had no chance in ending up with the male. Just because the shorter man was biual, it didn’t mean that any other guy would also be intersted in him, right? Plus, it’s no secret that Namjoon has already had multiple girlfriends, the guy posted almost everything on his Instagram account.

“Don’t you think that we risk by comparing English and Korean? I mean, won’t most of other groups do the same?” Namjoon spoke suddenly, catching the other guy’s attentive stare.

“Well, do you speak any other languages?” Yoongi answered with a question, his voice low.

“Me? U-um… I had Chinese for a few years back in high school, but I’m really bad at it,” the tall guy scratched his nape.

“Then I suppose we’re back at comparing English and Korean.”

When the older guy deadpanned like that, Namjoon didn’t dare to say anything else. The students spent almost another couple of hours in silence. The blond finished copying the necessary information into single Word file so that they could put it into slides. He turned his computer screen to Yoongi, so that the guy could scan through the text and evaluate it. The other honestly had no idea why or how, but the brunet took the lead within the first minutes they both sat down to begin the project. He quickly displayed his idea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter