Twenty second

Finding the Soulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We are a thing, Yoongi"

 

“And I can’t stop,” Yoongi shrieked into a ty microphone, “I can’t stop needing you!”

“Wow that’s depressing,”  Taehyung murmured softly.

“Will you stop with these emo songs? We came here to celebrate,” Hoseok grunted.

“Fine, then no more songs from me. No way I’m gonna pretend I can sing,” the mint-haired just scoffed.

He sat back next to Namjoon on their couch, before passing the microphone to Taehyung. It was middle of September and they all had gathered to celebrate Namjoon’s birthday. At first, the blond only invited Yoongi and Taehyung, but asking the latter to ever come somewhere meant Hoseok and both of their girlfriends tagging along. Meanwhile, Yoongi decided there wouldn’t be any harm in asking Jimin and his boyfriend Jungkook to come, too. As the result, eight people were drinking and singing in a karaoke room. Well, in Taehyung’s current case it was rapping. 

Yoongi shot the guy sitting next to him a look, when Taehyung chose Kanye West’s ‘Gold Digger.’ The blond just shrugged and leaned in closer.

“I wanna hear your version later, though,” he whispered.

The man with slightly green hair just shot his friend a death glare and shook his head. They all cheered for Taehyung while he tried to pull off the best rap he could, but ended up laughing from himself and not finishing the whole song. Next was his girlfriend and when Yoongi saw on the screen what it’s gonna be, he immediately looked at Jimin, who was already half-up from his seat. Both guys nodded, happy smiles on their faces, and stood up, taking place in the middle of the screen and the table. 

“What are you doing?” Hoseok’s lover asked.

“Oh no,” the man next to her groaned, “Please don’t let me watch that again. My eyes!” he covered his face, actually just teasing his ex-classmates.

Namjoon was about to question what’s going on, but ‘Coming of Age Ceremony’ began to play and both Yoongi and Jimin squatted and stood up seductively as the female on instrumental shortly breathed, leaving the blond all flustered and in awe. He vaguely heard Hoseok explaining how the now dancing males were in dance club back in high school and performed the same song for graduation ceremony. Just like he almost missed Taehyung’s comments ‘they’re so in sync!’ and ‘oh man, look at that hip .’ 

Jimin’s all attention was on Jungkook and no one really minded him at times moving too y and too obviously done to seduce his own boyfriend. Yoongi, on the other hand, didn’t move as gracefully, but he had such a happy and giggly grin on his face and his hair just bounced in the air whenever he moved that it made even Namjoon laugh. At some point, Taehyung’s partner couldn’t finish singing, too amused by the dancing men, so Hoseok’s girl took over. 

“Well, that was entertaining,” Jungkook was the first to speak, when the song finally ended and Jimin plopped on his lap.

“Did you really dance this in front of your teachers at school?” Taehyung asked, not able to hide how stunned he was.

“Don’t remind me,” Hoseok pleaded, tortured by the flashbacks and new memories.

“Babe, come on,” his girlfriend playfully hit his arm, “They both looked so cute and y.”

Before the couple could start seriously bickering, Jungkook snapped the microphone and played his desired song. Namjoon, who still hasn’t said anything, watched as Yoongi sat back, all panting but with a silly smile on his face. He felt the other starring and turned to face his friend.

“You looked cool,” the birthday boy said, leaning closer since Jungkook was already singing, “I had no idea you could dance.”

“That’s my second escape,” the mint-haired explained, smiling shyly.

The other simply nodded, understanding very well what he meant. Another hour passed of youngsters messing around with their favourite songs. After Hoseok’s failed attempt to reach a high note, someone suggested for him to have a duet with Yoongi but neither seemed too keen or drunk enough to do that. Around midnight the party mood seemed to slowly fade away and probably the thing that completely ended it all was Namjoon yelling at Jungkook and Jimin, who were completely over each other, shamelessly making out.

“Jesus, get a room!” were the blond’s words, “I can hear the sloppy sounds from across the room.”

“Fine,” Jimin stood up, “Happy birthday!”

He took Jungkook’s hand and dragged him out of the room quickly. The famous musician just blinked and let out a low questioning sound that was hard to depict. He looked at Yoongi and the other just waved it off, saying that Jimin’s still butthurt since last year. The blond scoffed at that, he hadn’t said anything derogatory towards anyone who wasn’t exactly straight, party just in order not to hurt his best friend, partly because he began to open his eyes and mind more. 

Soon Hoseok suggested for them all to either move somewhere or just call it a night, because his girlfriend was clearly dozing off. Namjoon was still determined to hear Yoongi rap in that karaoke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter