Alternative Ending

Finding the Soulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"don't break my heart"

 

Namjoon sighed as a remix of his and Suga’s newest song bled through the speakers of club Mute and two more girls, looking his way and whispering to each other, passed by his table. He sipped on his bitter cocktail, almost all ice already melted. Taehyung plopped onto the other chair at the stool table, coming back after taking a leak and getting himself a new beer. He had finally turned legal age and could accompany his tall friend to fancy clubs, not only shabby underground places like before.

“So, Namjoon,” the younger beamed at his friend, “Have you had enough drinks already to spill the beans?”

“What beans?” the other tried to avoid the topic and appear clueless.

“Come one, dude,” a dramatic eye roll followed the encouragement, “You’re usually way more fun to party with.”

“Uh, umm… Sorry, Taehyung.”

“Is this about Yoongi?” he took a sip of his beer while the other chocked on the toxic mix of alcohol and juice, “You know, ever since you saw his Snapchat update where he’s kissing that Jimin guy like a month ago, you’ve been a real party killer.”

“I was just surprised, okay?” Namjoon tried to pick the right words and not sound irritated, “The pumpkin refused to go out with me, saying he felt sick, and the next hour I see a video of him making out with the dude I thought was taken.”

“The pumpkin,” Taehyung scoffed, honestly amused by the rapper’s talent to find a new nickname for Yoongi’s every new hair colour, “It didn’t mean you had to show me that video several times, exclaiming I don’t even remember what things anymore. One thing I do remember is how you sounded… almost jealous.”

Namjoon just let out a low growl and Taeyung threw him a knowing smirk. He was younger than the musician but in all honesty usually felt like taking the role of older and wiser friend. The feelings Namjoon had developed towards Yoongi were so painfully obvious, he had hard time not rubbing it in the blond’s face and just letting him figure the things out on his own. Which was taking way too long, in his opinion.

“Just so you know, there’s nothing wrong in liking someone of same gender.”

“ off, I’m not in love with Yoongi.”

“Mhm,” Taehyung dropped the topic, focusing on quickly finishing his beer so he could get another one.

The blond let out another dissatisfied grunt, shoving his unfinished drink further from himself. Taehyung managed to piss him off completely so he had no intentions in staying at the crowded and loud club. He muttered a quick goodbye to his friend and went out to hail a cab. It wasn’t that late yet, but he failed to catch the last subway. The taxi ride was good thirty-minute long and he spent the whole time pondering over Taehyung’s words which only gave him a headache.

As he’d promised, he had one of the rooms in his condo converted into a professional recording studio by the end of September. He soon began working on that Sugamon mixtape, which resulted in him spending almost everyday and more often night with Yoongi, because the older worked best when the sun was down. He grew attached to the guy more and more, which went unnoticed at first. Namjoon knew he was closer to the now ginger-haired than to anyone else and liked to pat his back or ruffle his hair more than he probably should. But something had always made the blond have this urge to always be by the shorter male’s side and protect him from everything and anything.

And yes, Namjoon did have a problem with seeing Yoongi making out with Jimin, who apparently had called it quits with Jungkook not long after the blond’s birthday. It’s not because the orange

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter