Tenth

Finding the Soulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“r u gay?”

 

Almost a month later, just few days before Christmas, Yoongi struggled in bed in the middle of the night. He shut his eyes tightly, trying to wake himself up. He had to be dreaming- there was no way this could actually be happening… there was no way he could seriously be on his bed with one particular male hovering over him, right? 

“My lovely genius, look at me,” the younger cooed.

The brunet shook his head but pried his eyes open just a little. He was too scared to see what was in front of him, and there was no way he could accept what was going on as real. But still, the way the blond cupped his face and circled the skin on his cheek with his thumb was electrifying, and Yoongi found himself already gasping for air, whimpering out the other’s name:

“N-Namjoonie?”

Flashing a silly smile, the young man took Yoongi’s hand into his free one and intertwined their fingers together, holding them in that position tightly. Unconsciously, the brunet squeezed Namjoon’s hand, and the other laughed lovingly. He tried to remember how they both ended up in such position and what hell was just going on, but he couldn’t recall anything. All the guy knew was that he’s laying on the bed with Namjoon above him and his heart starting to skip a few beats. 

While the shorter male was trying to figure out the odd situation, the blond moved his face closer, his nose brushing against the older's. Yoongi’s lips parted a bit, and he found it hard to breathe. He was excited, and as much as he found the scenario illogical, he was anticipating what was going to happen next. He shifted under the man impatiently and that’s when the whole image crumbled. Namjoon’s face began to fade, and the brunet blinked a few times before he realised that he wasn’t even on his own bed.

Yoongi grunted when it finally hit him: it was an early morning and he was being squeezed by Jimin. After last day’s classes, he went straight to the ginger’s apartment to talk about his frustrating love life, but it ended up with them having and Yoongi spending the night. With all his might, he rolled over and pushed the younger away from him.

“Stop crushing me, for ’s sake,” the brunet mumbled.

“You’re tossing around so much, I had to hold you in place,” the other man said, obviously not very happy about the action.

“Sorry about that. I just had a dream,” the brunet explained, stretching his arms.

“About?” Jimin asked curiously, but when the other just sighed and stood up, heading to the bathroom, he knew exactly what that meant and said, “You should seriously do something about it.”

Jimin stood up too and pulled on some sweatpants along with a simple T-shirt. He headed to the kitchen and quickly toasted two pieces of bread for his friend. Just as he was struggling to reach the jar of jam on one of the top shelves, Yoongi walked in and plopped on the chair. He drew the plate with toast closer and patiently waited for the ginger to get the jam. He was a couple of centimeters shorter than Jimin so he didn’t even attempt to help, knowing very well how useless he would be. 

“Here,” finally the jar was set on the table, “Have something before uni.”

Yoongi thanked the male and silently dug into the crisped bread covered in strawberry jam. He took his time to chew every bit, not minding the way Jimin stared at him and let out a sigh every now and then.

“Why are you even still friends with that rude jerk? He keeps calling you names and he didn’t seem to be that friendly when I met him,” he finally spoke up when the brunet stood up to pour himself a glass of water.

“Because I know he actually cares, and I trust him,” the other answered before lifting the glass up to his lips.

“Not enough for you to tell him that you like to get ed in the . Or that you have a stupid crush on him,” the ginger snorted.

“Shut the up, that’s another story.”

They bickered a bit more while Yoongi collected his stuff and put on his shoes. Before closing the door of his flat, Jimin asked if they should meet at night, but the brunet said he’d probably be busy until 2 AM. By the time he left, it was around 8.35 AM so Yoongi had to speed up a little in order to make it to his class on time because Jimin lived quite far from Seoul National University. On his way, he kept thinking about the serious question that Jimin asked him earlier. Honestly speaking, Yoongi wasn’t too sure why he kept sticking around with Namjoon. He was indeed rude and an unfriendly bastard, but the brunet was no better. He despised people as much and had the same stern look on his face. No matter what upsetting things the younger guy had said to him, he just felt so warm being around the guy and talking to him. There was a sense of overall coziness on an emotional level whenever he saw Namjoon. 

With the thought of the special bond of theirs in his head, Yoongi walked into the auditorium only six minutes late. He apologised to the professor and took a seat in the back. Only later he noticed that there was a vacant spot next to Namjoon, but it’d had been too awkward to change position that moment. Soon, his phone buzzed and he quickly checked the message.

Namjoon didn’t write anything after that, and the brunet was more than thankful. Throughout the rest of the seminar, he kept re-reading the short conversation that brought all kinds of emotions to the surface. His heart was overflowing with warmth and butterfly-like feeling when he saw that the blond had renamed him to ‘My Hobbit’ but the last few messages made the same heart lock up and tighten in his ribcage. He wasn’t lying when he said he wasn’t gay… Or maybe it was more of a white lie. He wanted to text ‘well, i’m like… half gay?’ so badly, but he couldn’t bring himself up to do that. Yoongi knew very well that h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter