Chapter 8

Marriage Contract


“Naeun ah.”

Kai wakes her up, who was hugging him and snuggles on her chest closely. He chuckles when she crinkle her nose and arched her brows.

“Since when are you such a heavy sleeper?”

He asked and nudge her forehead and Naeun moves before she sat down, still have her eyes close.

“I still have the jet lag okay.”

She responds before stretching her arms and yawn, tilting her head to look at him.

“Did we sleep too long?”

“An hour or such?”

“Oh. I was planning to just take a short nap.”

She said, rushing herself up and skips to the bathroom. She went out after a while, her face is fresh without makeup which Kai finds it y. He too walks out of the bed, freshen up.

“Do I wait for you Jongin?”

“Deh. I won’t take long.”

They then walk down with Kai walking behind Naeun who had change her outfit to a casual one, long cotton dress and cardigan. He can’t take his eyes off of her again that day and he was caught by her eldest sister in law who was grinning.

Kai just scratch his head and plops to sit beside Baekhyun who was calm at the moment. He ruffles his hair and he was grinning, like his mother.

“When will the baby born?”

He asks and Kai widens his eyes. Jimin laughs and gave the sippy cup to Baekhyun before she pats Kai’s shoulder.

“He wants a baby brother from you and Naeun.”

“Yah kiddo. That still need to wait. Just ask your mother.”

“Aniyo. I don’t want another sibling.”

“But you want me to give one to you?”

Baekhyun nods innocently. Kai huffs.

“What’s with that face?”

Jimin asks, still cant contain her laughter while Naeun peeks from inside the kitchen.

“Why? Are you sulking to a kid?”

She asks, hands on hips and Baekhyun quickly walks down of his chair, with the help of his mother and runs to Naeun, hugging her leg.

“Wae cutie pie?”

“Uncle Jongdae said that you will give us three babies.”

Naeun gasps as she glances at Kai and he spots the ‘I told you’ look. Complete with a smirk.

“Baekie, appa told you that Uncle Jongdae is just joking right?”

Naeun more than thankful that Minseok walks into the dining room and tear Baekhyun off of her leg and makes him sit down to continue having his meal.

“Don’t tease Auntie Naeun again okay darling.”

Jimin who thinks she had enough teasing her brother in law who she knows doesn’t seem to like being around kids talks softly to her son. Baekhyun nods after looking at both Naeun and Kai and ask his mother that he needs more soup.

“I’ll be right back.”

She said and leave to refill his son’s soup while Minseok left too. Kai looks at Naeun who has seated beside him.

“Why are you out here?”

“I’ve been kicked out.”

Said Naeun, pouting as she look at Kai. He laughs.

“Wae?”

She shrugs, still pouting and Baekhyun stares at her.

“Are you sulking at halmeoni?”

He asks and Naeun smiles at his adorable question.

“I did not sweetie.”

“But why are your lips like that?”

“Nothing honey.”

“But omma do that if appa doesn’t buy her things she wants.”

Said Baekhyun, obviously over thinking. Naeun laughs when Jimin appears and told Baekhyun to not spill out family secrets and the kid was left more confuse.

“Let’s leave hyungsoo to deal with this Einstein.”

Said Kai when he saw how Jimin is trying to stop Baekhyun from asking more questions. Naeun obliged and follows him out, to a well handled garden.

“Wow.”

She exclaimed, totally attracted to the view in front of her.

“Beauty right?”

“Uh huh.”

Naeun responds as she grins, stepping closer to a fountain. She beam at the sound of water.

“Thank you for bringing me here.”

He just shrugs as he puts his hands in his pant pocket. Naeun sat down on a bench and looks around.

“Its a great escape from Baekhyun’s questions.”

He said and sat down with Naeun.

“Wae?”

“He dislike it here. Bugs.”

“You are fine with bugs?”

Naeun asks, leaning her back as she checks her surroundings. Kai chuckles.

“So miss Naeun is afraid of bug like little Baekhyun.”

“Yah. It’s not afraid. I just don’t like it.”

“Yeah right.”

Kai said and laughs when she shrieks; a little insect rested on her knee.

“Please take it away. Jongin, take it off of me!”

Despite laughing at her, Jongin did take it off of Naeun who was now had her eyes closed.

“You are save. That little thing won’t even hurt you. God.”

Kai stood up and holds her hand and grabs it when she protest.

“Come quietly. Or else more bugs are coming to get you.”

Naeun pouts again but held her husband hand so tight as he leads them to another place.

“Here is safe.”

He said, now hugging Naeun’s shoulder calmly. She too doesn’t seem to mind and she looks around the yard that was occupied with a small playground and sand box.

“Appa build them when Minseok hyung got married.”

Naeun nods and smiles. Her father in law indeed is a warm person. Her mother in law too. She then wonder why Jongin has different character but shrugs it off a moment later thinking maybe he got that from his circle of friends.

“Jongin ah, Naeunnie, here you are.”

Both turn when they heard Bomi’s voice and the mother of three smiles while gesturing them to come inside.

Naeun walks first and hugs Bomi’s arm as they went in and Jongin follows behind.

The dishes on the table are of variety and Chorong was smiling in content on the corner. Naeun exclaimed a wow as she widens her eyes in excitement.

“This is a lot eomonim.”

“I ask your mother what you like to eat and I make it all. There, your most favorite, gogi.”

Chorong points at it and Naeun swears she almost drool. She her lips and Kai nudge her when he saw it and Naeun bites her lips before she grins.

“Jiminnie, where are they?”

“Jongdae is turning on the TV for the kids eomonim. Oppa is coming.”

“Wait, Kim Namjoo?”

Chorong asks, now her face is showing displease when her maknae wasn’t at home for the dinner; first family dinner with Naeun.

“I’m here.”

Namjoo suddenly pop up from nowhere and kisses her mother’s cheek.

“I told you I was helping Sungjae selecting gift for his mother and will be home right before dinner.”

She said, now taking her place. Suho who just come down from the reading room just shakes his head.

“Tone it down Namjoo ya. Don’t make your mother upset.”

“Deh appa.”

She answer meekly and Kai knocks her head playfully, asking Naeun to sit beside him. Jongdae comes after and took his seat and soon all the family were there.

“The kids?”

“They have eaten, so that it won’t be a chaos while we adult, eat.”

Namjoo helps reasoning it, gaining a nod from Suho while Kai smirks.

“Since when are you an adult?”

He and Namjoo was about to knock him with her spoon when Suho stops her.

“Don’t .”

He then reprimand him and Kai lowered his head as an answer. Naeun smiles. Though he is a helpless jerk at times, he listen well to his parents and he respects hers as well. So, with that, Kai earns a good mark.

“Uri Naeun, how do you feel coming into our big family? It sure is a new thing to you right?”

“Neh abeonim. But I love it here. It was lonely before with just me and oppa back at home, so I spend time with my friends.”

“Did Kai treat you well?”

The father of twins beagle asks her with a sly smile and Naeun smiled back in return.

“He is great.”

Kai smiles proudly even though he doesn’t know if Naeun speak from her heart. But hey, he did treat her well. So it’s not a bad thing for him to feel proud.

“He is a good boy. Just that he doesn’t know how to express it.”

Jimin, Kai’s oldest sister in law said, smiling at Kai who was acting shy. Naeun almost rolls her eyes at his behaviour but she held it in. They are with his family.

“We are pleased that you seem to like it here Naeunnie.”

Chorong said as the lovely lady pats Naeun’s hand. She smiles at her mother in law and after few more Q&A session, they start eating their dinner where Naeun thank God they did. She was famished.

“You really eat well.”

Said Suho after the meal and Kai laughs. Naeun shyly said that she was hungry but Suho doesn’t seem to say it with another meaning. He just love seeing his daughter in law eat well.

“Now, go and take a rest with the kids.”

Chorong suggest.

“But eomonim, let me at least help clean the table.”

“Kenchana uri Naeun ah. Ahjumma will clean it all.”

“Really eomonim? I should do some work though.”

“Other time neh. Just go and rest.”

“Deh eomonim is right. Newly weds have to rest well.”

Said Bomi and Jimin was agreeing, laughing beside Bomi. Naeun, who got what the ladies meant, was blushing hard.

“Aniyo unni.”

“What no? Look, he can’t stop looking at you at all.”

Jimin added and Naeun turns to look at Kai who was staring at her. She bites her lips. He really loves making her embarrassed.

He was like that too when they were in Bali and almost all people at the beach then know that they are newly wedded couple.

“Go and joins him there.”

Naeun nods and joins Kai at the couch and he quickly leans to her ear.

“We have to discuss another thing.”

He said, sound very serious and Naeun arched her brows.

“Now? Exactly now?”

He nods quickly and she sighs.

“What will they think if we left to our room now?”

“But it’s important.”

“Can’t wait at all?”

Kai shakes his head now. Naeun huffs and combs her hair in frustration.

“Kaja then.”

Naeun then excuse herself, lying that she needs to do a little cleaning up and she was excused, along with her husband and she saw how their faces are painted with teasing smiles.

“Aishh he never fail to make me look weird in some way.”

She closes the door and crosses her arm.

“What is it?”

“My friends. They are holding a party for us.”

“When is that?”

“Tonight.”

“What? Jongin, are you aware what time is it?”

“That’s why I said it’s important.”

Naeun sighs.

“Do we need to go?”

He nods after a while and then Naeun realizes she has no other choice than going with him.

“Gurae. Eomonim should know right? I’ll let her know.”

“Deh.”

A satisfied smile on his face let her know that he waited for this day to come and she kind of glares at him when he is not looking. They agreed on that though.


+++


Naeun was all dressed up accordingly when she walks near him.

“I can’t handle alcohol well.”

“Why?”

“I just can’t.”

She said, almost pouting. Kai nods.

“Okay.”

“So, stick with me when we are there.”

“I will.”

He said now putting some wax on his hair. He styled his hair appropriate with the venue they are going and look at Naeun.

“Are you done?”

“I’ll just wear some jewelleries.”

She said when she realizes she dressed too simple and disappears into the closet. Going to a night club never is to her liking and Naeun was reluctant knowing that its Kai’s friends that organize it.

“I hope I will survive the night.”

She whispers to herself and proceed to walk to where Kai was waiting while checking on his phone.

“All done?”

She nods, grabbing her clutch on her way.

“Let’s go then. They are waiting.”

He said and stops after few steps.

“Wae?”

Naeun asks, clueless and Kai looks at her shirt that exposes her milky white tummy and fake a cough.

“Don’t your jacket at all cost.”

And he then pulls Naeun’s hand as he walks to his car.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Naeun’s outfit here

Sorry for the very late update.