Chapter 12

Marriage Contract

 


“Ohh I’m tired.”

Naeun said, unattached herself from her husband when they are walking to Kai’s car.

“Yeah. You are too active in there sweetheart.”

“I’m always active. You are the boring one so I have to drag you with me. Thank me.”

“As if I want to.”

“Yah Kim Jongin.”

Naeun called, stops herself from walking. Kai smirks, shrugs his shoulder and Naeun huffs. She was planning to stomp her way to his car buy unfortunately, Naeun and heels aren’t friendly, she ends up falling down.

Kai tries to grabs onto her fingers, at least, but it happen too fast that the girl is now on the ground, flinching when she touched her ankle.

“Ouch.”

“Yah, why did you walk alone when you ask me to stay close?”

“I was showing that I’m mad and I was rewarded. Happy?”

She pouts as she tried standing up. Kai shakes his head and his coat. He got her in his arm in a very swift move and fake a grunt.

“What did you eat?”

And receive a smack on his shoulder from his pouting wife.

“I can put on my seatbelt.”

“Just mind your ankle Naeun.”

Kai said when he places Naeun carefully on her seat. He then went to the driver side and drove home, planning to just give her first aid at home. It wasn’t swelling.


+++

Namjoo was there, just getting out of her car when the couple, Naeun in Kai’s arm so she grins, waited for them.

“Wow so romantic.”

She cooed and see the faint blush on Naeun’s face.

“Am I going to see junior Kai soon?”

“If you want to, can you be a good girl and open the door so me and Naeun can head to baby making session?”

“Yah!”

Naeun whispers quietly, but Namjoo laughs and opens the door for them. Kai removes Naeun’s shoes and his and head to the second floor after winking at Namjoo.

He places his wife on the bed and went to fill a bowl with warm water and take a cloth out, doing his job and soon Naeun’s ankle was bandaged nicely.

“Thank you.”

“No problem.”

He said, heading to wash up and changed to a comfortable wear before he walks out and spots Naeun still sitting like earlier.

“What do you want to wear?”

“A one piece pajama?”

“Tell me the colour to make it easier for me to find it.”

“I think it’s white?”

“You think?”

Kai chuckles but went to the closet and comes out with a sleeveless pajama, gulping.

“Help me up.”

Kai carry her to the bathroom and make her sits on the dressing stool.

“Call me after you are done.”

Naeun nods, a hint of blush on her face. Kai is a bad boy. That is what she first judged from his look but after knowing him, he is a kind hearted guy that spill kindness. She smiles and wash up. And after she is done, Kai tucks her under the comforter and he sleeps on his side of the bed.

“Thank you for tonight Jongin.”

She said and leans to give him a kiss on his cheek; quickly hid her face under the comforter after that. Kai smiles at the unexpected kiss and pats her on her head.

“We’ll see the doctor tomorrow if you are limping. Goodnight Naeun.”

+++

“Can you walk?”

Kai asks when he wakes up. Naeun nods.

“It’s hurting but I can walk.”

“I’ll see it after I took a bath.”

He yawned and head to the bathroom and walks out a few moment later with a shorts and white shirt. He then tend to Naeun’s ankle and nods to himself.

“Do you want to see doctor.”

“It’s okay if I don’t go?”

“Yeah.”

“Okay.”

“Let’s go down.”

He suggest and Naeun nods, carefully get on her feet. She walks slowly, Kai was walking behind her and she hesitates when she walks down a stair.

“Wae?”

“Maybe I need a doctor. I can’t walk down the stair.”

“It might be temporary.”

He scoops her in his arm and walks down, Chorong greets them morning and soon frowns when she saw the bandage.

“What happen?”

“I slip last night.”

Suho went to his daughter in law and examine the bandage.

“Kai do this?”

Naeun nods, shyly tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

“You still remember it? Good son.”

“You know I learn only good things appa.”

“You do, you do.”

“Why are everyone around unni.”

Namjoo who was on the phone earlier asked.

“She slips and sprained her ankle last night.”

“Sprained? Oh. That’s why you are carrying unni? I thought you are really becoming like a gentleman.”

“Yah. I am a gentleman. Right baby?”

Naeun nods, flustered and then Chorong dismissed the quarrelling duo. Naeun chuckles when Kai hissed dramatically and soon the table are full with the family members around it.

“I plan on bringing you out today but it seems that I can’t”

Said Chorong after breakfast.

“Sorry eomonim.”

“Kenchana, I’ll go with you abeonim.”

“Do that omma. Why are you planning on kidnapping my wife on my off day?”

Said Kai as he quickly rested his head on Naeun’s lap. She automatically threaded her fingers on his hair, like an instinct. Chorong laughs at her son.

“Tchh, you are complaining when appa ask you to get married.”

“How would I know that I’m gonna marry an angel?”

“Don’t say that, you are embarrassing me.”

“I’m telling the truth. My wife is an angel.”

“Of course of course. Because you are not even close to one.”

“Yah Joo. Stop that and go out with Sungjae.”

“I’m going. Don’t rush me out.”

“We are leaving now too.”

Jimin said as Minseok brings out a luggage.

“Where to?”

Jongin asks. Naeun looks at them.

“My parents. I’m craving for Jeju’s delicacies so we are heading there and stay for about a week.”

“Have fun unni.”

“I’ll bring back some mandarin.”

“Jongdae went to a short trip too. That’s leave you two at home. Kai, don’t go out. Take care of Naeun. I’ll buy some tonic for your leg.”

“I won’t omma.”

“Good boy.”

The boy earns a few pat on his head and Naeun chuckles when he whines.

And soon all of the family members went out, Namjoo went out last and she heard her faint nagging when she heard her boyfriend arrived. Naeun still sit down, with Kai on her lap.

“It’s too quiet without the kids.”

Naeun said, breaking the silence.

“You should enjoy the moment.”

Kai yawned and turns to face her stomach; Naeun stiffen. He shortly slept, letting out soft snores. Naeun chuckles, continue to caresses her husband’s hair.

+++

“Let’s go out and eat.”

“Let’s just eat at home neh.”

“Okay, what do you want to eat? I’ll order.”

“Aniyo. I’ll cook.”

“Really?”

Naeun nods, pulling her sleeves up. Kai walks after her and sat on the counter, watching as she rummage the fridge.

“The maids are on leave today. Their off day.”

“Kenchana, you can help.”

“Me?”

“Of course. Peel them.”

She grins as she shoves a plastic of onion to his chest. Kai huffs but did it anyway; surprisingly good too.

“I am just talented. Don’t you think?”

He said, giving her the peeled onion. Naeun nods and smiles at him.

“I guess you are husband.”

Kai is proud and feel happy at the simple compliment. He was behind Naeun like a lost puppy all the time and helps her with the spatula, pan, salt, and almost everything that is out of her reach.

Naeun can’t strain her ankle much, he convinced to himself as why he help.

“Tadaa.”

She exclaimed after plating the dish, with lovely decoration; just so Naeun.

“Name?”

“Sweet and sour chicken. Your favourite I heard. Taste it!”

She jumps in excited and Kai fetch the fork from her and poke on a small piece. He stood up and applause after he swallow it, gave her two thumbs up.

“Nicely done?”

“Perfect! Oh Naeun. Thank you so much!”

He holds her hand and squeezes it for a bit before he gave her share of chicken.

“Oh. I thought I put the sauce too much. Gladly it’s fine.”

“I’ve been craving for this since last night.”

“I saw you didn’t touch it then. Wae?”

“Nothing.”

Kai said, and eats more. He can’t say that he lost appetite because he saw Taemin ogling at his wife. It’s embarrassing.

“Eat a lot then.”

Naeun said cheerfully and Kai loop a small smile. Naeun is strangely become more prettier than yesterdays.

“Naeun ah.”

He called and Naeun stares at him, the sauce off her lips. Kai feels the pleasure kicked in and he leans to her, capture her lips in a kiss.