Chapter 15

Marriage Contract

 

“I’m helping Jimin unnie.”

“Why?”

Kai asks lazily; still on bed as he drank his coffee, grimacing as it had gotten a bit cold so he pushes it aside. Naeun shakes her head.

“It’s becoming hard for unni. I am the one with no commitment yet.”

She said, tying up her hair in a bun. Kai grins at her cute side and ran to give her a brief hug before he ran into the bathroom.

Naeun just shakes her head and chuckles. Her husband is cute in a way and she acknowledge it though Kai said countless of times that he is not.

“Naeun ah, towel.”

“Arasseo.”

She pulls a towel and knocks on the door. Kai grins and thanks her as he take it and Naeun answers him with rolling her eyes.

“You should remember to take one. What if I had gone out?”

“Ara. Now go. I can manage.”

He said and grins sheepishly. Naeun laughs and waves at him before he walks down and greets her in law before she went to Jimin’s room and knock the door.

“Oh Naeun.”

“Deh. I’m going to help unni.”

“Sorry to bother you but I’m so busy this week. I’ll grant you something good later okay.”

Minseok pats Naeun’s back before he look at his wife who was still sleeping and mouthed ‘I gotta go’ before he disappears even without having breakfast.

Naeun went to the couple’s child room which has a connected door to his parents and starts helping him to get ready to school and she was glad that she has become a favourite aunt for all of the kids now.

“Now let’s get ready.”

She said and the little one chirped in cheery tone.


+++


Naeun ran to her phone and manage to answer it before the ring when off and she heave a breath before saying hello.

“Yah. Are you going to ignore me?”

“Krystal! Sorry. I was busy.”

“Yeah. Too busy to have a little bit of your time for your best friend upcoming wedding?”

“I remember it of course.”

Naeun grins and thanked Kai who help her tie the ribbon of her dress. She had been holding it since before.

“When are you coming then?”

“We are almost ready. Don’t worry.”

“You better hurry. I’m going to die in anxious soon.”

“You won’t sweetie.”

Naeun chuckles and tosses her phone in her handbag when Krystal ended the call. Kai shoot her a look and she just shake her head in response.

“So are you ready to go?”

“Yes. Let’s go.”

Kai shrugs and follows Naeun when she walks out of the room.


+++


“You should wear peach.”

“Okay.”

“Why peach?”

Kai asked as he places his arm on her back. Naeun smiled and Krystal who had the annoyed face in.

“It’s Naeun’s lucky colour.”

“Babe, you have a lucky colour?”

“Of course.”

“Ahh. That’s why your night dress.”

Naeun cover Kai’s mouth with her palm before he can continue and Krystal shoot her a look.

“Night dress? Naeunie?”

“I just have to okay.”

Krystal grins playfully.

“Maybe people did change after getting married. You don’t even want to wear a pyjama before.”

“And you will too. Now let me choose my dress.”

Naeun said and quickly went to choose her dress, which Kai without fail follow her like a lost puppy.

“She did it.”

Krystal mumbles with a knowing smile and can’t help but feeling happy that her dear friend who had been in the dark side of emotion for many years finally laughs with ease without any trace of fakeness.

“Miss Jung, are you going to try your dress?”

“Yes sure.”


+++


“Let’s have a date.”

“Seriously?”

Kai nods, swinging their hand together as they walk to his car. It had been hectic there in the boutique. Krystal says no to almost 7 kind of decoration before Naeun suggest her to give her own idea to the planner.

“We never went to a date after our honeymoon.”

“A date is not necessary and you are busy too.”

“I’m not that busy until next month.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. It’s Jongdae hyung project now, so we are just working on the former one. Less job.”

“Okay then. I just don’t want you to get too tired. You turn so scary that I too was afraid.”

“I’m sorry. That won’t ever happen again.”

Naeun still remember how hard Kai is that day. He was giving her a cold shoulder, not talking to anyone at all and was gritting his teeth while he sleep. She knew what happen the next morning, that Kai loses a tender to his enemy; Taemin.

“It’s okay. You are not shouting at me, I’m fine with just that.”

“Chinca? Aww. Such a kind soul Naeunnie is.”

“Yah. Don’t mock me.”

Naeun laughs after that; somehow feel good. She loves having a walk like this. With the breezy wind and a man by her side. She smiles at Kai and he intertwined his fingers with hers.

“Ahh. I never thought I will act like this.”

He said suddenly and she looks at him who was still smiling.

“Like how?”

“Aniya. It’s nothing. Do you want to eat something? Ice cream maybe?”

“Sure. It’s been a while since I eat some.”

“Let’s go to that one.”

He pointed to one kiosk and Naeun nods. Kai can bring her anywhere now and she would come with him.

“What flavor? Peach?”

Kai teased and Naeun glared cutely before she laughs.

“Chocolate.”

“Two of those please.”

He said to the worker at the counter and slightly touching Naeun’s bang.

“Why?”

He shakes his head and thanked the worker who hands him their ice cream and pulls her to walk again.

“I don’t know you are sweet.”

“There is more about me that you don’t know.”

“Yeah.”

“And about you too. I don’t know much.”

“Just ask me. I’ll tell you.”

“Yeah?”

Naeun nods, loving the taste of her ice cream and Kai by he side.

“Jongin.”

“Uh?”

“Can I kiss you?”

Kai laughs and instead of saying anything, leans to her and kisses her. Naeun smiled in between his lips and he pulls her body closer to his, deepening the kiss and stops when she suddenly cried.

“What is it? Why?”

She shakes her head and Kai just hug her after that. He is surprised at his gentle side too but he just think that Naeun need it and he is right when he feels her hands clutching on his shirt.


+++


“Honey, Krystal really will get mad at you if you are late today.”

Kai said from the living room and Naeun ran to him with the cup cakes.

“Be gentle with them. I’ll just take my coat.”

“I’ve take it. There.”

He pointed to the couch and Naeun smiled before mouthing a thank you.

“Are you guys leaving now?”

“Neh eomonim.”

“Be careful. We’ll be there during the feast.”

“Deh. We’ll get going now.”

“Sure sure.”

“Make sure you don’t drop that.”

“I know. I’m placing it carefully. Here. Happy?”

Naeun smiled and fasten her seat belt. Kai too took the wheel and starts driving. Naeun quickly went to the bride room and sent Kai for an errand which he answers it with a whine at first but did it anyway.

“Krystal! So pretty!”

“My cupcakes?”

“You don’t even greet me. Tchh. My husband had given them to the staff in charge.”

“Gurae? Thank you.”

She smiled lovingly at Naeun and she shakes her head.

“I’m going to get ready too.”

“Go and don’t come out prettier than me.”

“Aigoo. Arasseo.”

The best friends laughs before Naeun left to get dressed as Krystal’s bridesmaid.


+++


“Ahh finally. I was bored.”

Kai said when Naeun came to him. She links her arm on him and fixes his tie and hair.

“There, you look like human now.”

She chuckles and he pouts before smiling and pinches her cheek.

“Oh how romantic.”

Kai and Naeun look at the voice and saw Taemin, walking to them with a glass of champagne.

“You are here too?”

Kai asks, glancing at Naeun. Taemin smiles, shrugging.

“Of course. I’m among the people here too.”

Kai chuckles while Naeun stayed quiet.

“How are you Naeun ssi?”

“Great.”

“Good to hear that. Oh. Your husband must not know about us right?”

“Us? Is there ever be a ‘us’ between you two?”

Kai asks mockingly. Taemin stops smiling and looks at Naeun.

“So, he knows?”

“You are just someone that she knows from school days. What is there to hide?”

“Don’t you know she likes me?”

“She had get over that feeling. Why talk about the past?”

“It’s interesting. Don’t you think so? We used to get linked to everything which I end up winning.”

“Don’t ever dream of having my wife. You never will get her.”

“Who knows? I’m her first love and you? Just a guy that she had to get married to. Without being in love.”

“Oh now you are totally wrong. We are crazily in love Lee Taemin.”

“Is that so?”

He smirks and look at Naeun who was avoiding his eyes. He shrugs, puts his free hand in his pocket.

“When do we hear that Kim Jongin is awaiting a baby then?”

“Why?”

“Proof of love?”

Said Taemin. Naeun still wasn’t speaking a bit and keep latching herself on Kai.

“I don’t know you are this old fashion Lee Taemin.”

“Am I?”

He asks, chuckling.

“I just want to see that Naeun ssi has totally got over me.”

Naeun froze with that. Eyes widen and Taemin has that evil smirk on his face.

“She is totally mine now Lee Taemin. Don’t you dare questions her loyalty.”

Naeun has to be thankful that Kai is good with words. He always try everything to save her and today too. She feels his hold on her tighten.

“Of course. Who knows you guys never had all this time?”

He said and walks away after he wink at Naeun whose soul has leave her body.

“Hey, are you okay?”

He asks her slowly and she nods.

“I’m sorry.”

“It’s fine. He is just lucky that he said all that now. If we are not in a formal ceremony, you can’t recognize his face anymore. I’ll wipe that smirk off his face.”

Kai said in tense. Naeun breath in before she intertwine her fingers with her husband. Kai raise his eyebrow and she smiled, tiptoeing a bit to kiss his cheek.

“Thank you. I’m fine now because of you.”

She said and soon Kai had a smile on his face. He hugs her waist and kisses her forehead.

“I’m glad. Now let’s congratulate your friend and go home.”

“Why? We can still sit for a bit. I’m okay.”

“Aniya.”

Kai said as he starts walking. Naeun followed his pace while staring at his side feature.

“We have to hurry and make a baby.”

He whispers the last and Naeun heart start to beat faster and she widens her eyes. Kai ignores that and continue walking. Naeun swallows and can’t help to think if her husband is serious.