Chapter 16

Marriage Contract

 

 

Naeun stops when she was in the room while Kai tosses his suit on the couch, removes his shoes and lie down on the bed.

“Wedding ceremony always drained my energy.”

He said and when he doesn’t feel Naeun’s presence near him nor an answer, he turns to his left. He arches his brows when he saw Naeun stands by the door.

“Naeun?”

“Oh?”

“Why are you standing there?”

“Ahh no. I.”

Kai stands and went to his wife, tugging her hand.

“What’s wrong?”

“No. Nothing. Really.”

Kai shrugs then walks to the bed again, sat down.

“You have to control your expression you know. You are always like that after we met Taemin.”

He said while pointing at her face. Naeun flinch and quickly waves her hand. It’s not about Taemin this time. She is nervous if the baby talk is serious. But she can’t ask Kai that.

“Now come here. We have to discuss something.”

“Discuss about what?”

“Your parents anniversary honey. Your forget?”

Oh right. Naeun think and walk to the bed and sit down.

“So?”

“So?”

She asks him back, making Kai chuckles.

“You are out of it right? Go and freshen up. We’ll talk again later.”

Kai gives up and removes his shirt and walks to the closet to grab some comfortable joggers and sleeveless shirt.

“I’m going to the gym. Don’t miss me too much.”

He winked and Naeun pouts, one she doesn’t intend to do. Not at all.

“You said you are tired.”

“I’m slacking a lot. I almost lose my muscles. Don’t worry. I’ll just go to the gym room upstairs.”

Naeun nods and pulls the ribbon on the back of her dress and steps out of it before she lazily walks to the bathroom. She sighs a relief when Kai doesn’t talk about baby. Maybe he just say it to . She smiled and change her mind of just freshen up.

She light a musk scented candle and fill the tub with warm water, drop some vanilla scented oil and closes her eyes when she lie down in it.

“He usually work out around 30 minutes so let’s just stay in for 20 minutes.”

She said to no one in particular and set her phone alarm.


+++


“I am going to throw a party for them.”

Naeun said enthusiastically after the calming bath, the tasty dinner and the milk. Kai nods.

“What kind?”

“Let’s think about the theme later. I’m telling oppa tomorrow.”

“Alright. So, the guests? Food? Presents?”

“Do you have anything in mind Jongin?”

“Holiday tickets?”

“Oh that would be great.”

“Heyy, don’t jot that down. The holiday gift is from me.”

“Ehh?”

“What? I’m the son in law. I have right.”

Naeun swears she nearly cooed at Kai’s sweetness but she held it in. Kai plays the son in law well though. He occasionally calls her mom and they will plan to have dinner with Naeun’s family from time to time.

He is a perfect one. But sadly, their marriage won’t last that long. Naeun sighs at that. Why? Figure that out yourself.

“Woah. Are you upset? Alright. You can take that. I’ll just buy a handbag for eomonim and shoes for abeonim. Okay?”

He said, near to sulking.

“Aniya. You can gift them the holiday. I’ll figure it out.”

She smiled and he too smiled. Finally. Naeun thought.

“Jongin ah.”

She called her after a while and he look up from staring at his phone.

“Hmm?”

She took his free hand and squeezes it.

“Thank you. You treat my parents well.”

“They love me Naeun and I love them as well. We are together in this right?”

He pats her hand and ruffles her hair.

“It’s late. Let’s get some sleep. You are going to be busy again tomorrow right?”

“Oh right.”

Naeun exclaimed. She almost forget that she is taking care of Jimin’s child the next morning since the couple is going to go for a check-up.

“You forget things a lot today Naeun. Sleep and cheer up okay.”

He kisses her forehead and switch off the lamp on his side table. Naeun put away the book she was writing on and sleep too, looking at Kai who was sleeping on his back.

“Sweet dreams Jongin.”

She said and he chuckles before gathering her in his arm.

“Now I will.”

He said and she kissed his clothed chest before closing her eyes. She won’t have any nightmare today, because she is in her husband’s arm.

“It won’t hurt to just cherish this moment while I can right?”

She thought and sleep with a smile on her face.


+++


Naeun is busy from early morning. She is packing the sandwich when she receives a kiss on her nape and a cheesy good morning from Kai.

She elbowed her stomach and glares cutely at him who just laughs and took his cup of coffee before he greets his mother.

“Good morning son.”

Chorong greeted, feeling bliss to see how cute and sweet the younger couple are.

“I’m taking him to school eomonim.”

“Wait a bit, I’ll send you and Baekkie.”

Kai said and eats his toast, eyes busy checking his phone.

“You had a discussion right?”

Naeun asks as she pack Baekhyun’s bag. Kai nods, sipping the hot coffee.

“But it will start late. I’ll have time even after sending you home. Don’t worry honey.”

“Okay then.”

Naeun said and helps Baekhyun with his socks and shoes.

“Come on buddy.”

Kai said and both uncle and nephew walks ahead, leaving Naeun bidding goodbye to Chorong who was preparing breakfast for Suho.


+++


Naeun waves at Kai who gives her a flying kiss from inside the car and skips happily inside. She was met with Chorong who was watching TV. She smiled and sat with her.

“Naeun ah.”

“Deh eomonim?”

“It’s almost a year since you married Kai right.”

Naeun nods, kind of have a feeling of what’s going to come next.

“Don’t take it wrong darling. I’m just asking neh.”

“It’s okay eomonim. You can ask me anything.”

“Gurae? Then, I will ask it.”

“Sure.”

She said, smiling brightly.

“Are you okay with Kai’s plan?”

Okay, now that’s confusing. She doesn’t even know he is planning something.

“What planning eomonim?”

She ended up asking. Trying to sound normal.

“About kids. He said he will think about it after two or three years of marriage. Are you okay with it?”

Oh. That. Naeun thought, swallowing. She had to answer it right.

“I don’t mind. I just.”

“Aniya. You have to have a say in this too. By the way you treat the kids, it seems like you want a child. Right?”

It will be a lie if she say no right now. She always love kids. Babies are cute and fluffy and she always dreamt of having kids the soonest after she get married. But here, her situation is not helping. They are on contract. But Naeun ends up nodding. Chorong smiled as if she had completed a mission.

“Try to discuss it with him. Maybe you can change her mind. He is a lot softer after he married you. I guess you have the magic?”

Chorong chuckles and pats Naeun’s hand before she left for her garden. It’s her routine. She will be there after her father in law went to work and spends quite a while there.

Naeun thinks back at what Chorong had said. It’s true that Kai somehow had change since the first time she knows him. He talks softly and he has becomes mature too.

Naeun wonder where is the bratty Jongin went but she loves the new Jongin and it’s getting dangerous. In her part for sure.

“No falling in love Son Naeun.”

She reminds her heart almost everyday but still, she will smile unconsciously while thinking of him.

“What do I do?”

She bites her finger.


+++


“Yah. Stop day dreaming.”

Jongdae teased as he places a file for him to sign on Kai’s desk. He sat on the leather chair and leans back. He looks at Kai who was grinning.

“Do you think of your wife?”

“Who else I am thinking of that make me smile like this?”

Kai asks, turning over the page and signs it.

“I’ve been waiting for the baby news but you are taking it too slow brother.”

“I just want to spend more time with just the both of us. Let us enjoy our youth hyung.”

“Give birth to one, then you can plan for the second one.”

“Look who’s talking.”

Kai teased, pushing the same file to Jongdae. He laughs.

“It’s an accident okay. I thought the is on.”

Kai makes a tchh sound and straighten up his back.

“When will hyungsoo comes home? You look bad hyung.”

Jongdae sighs dramatically.

“In two days? I’ll go and picks her up. It’s lonely. And becomes more lonely when I saw you being lovey dovey with your wife.”

Kai laughs and grabs his briefcase.

“Give us chance hyung. We are still new.”

“Ara kiddo. But do asks Naeun if she want a kid. Triplets maybe?”

“That will scare her off so no.”

Jongin said and switch off his computer.

“See you at home hyung. I gotta go now.”

“Okay. Don’t take it too slow Kai ah. We need to see your junior soon.”

Kai ignored that and walks to the elevator. He smiled when he thinks if he did talk about having a baby with Naeun. She sure will freak out.

“Aishh Son Naeun. How did you make me crazy of you to this extent?”

He mumbles and almost run to his car just so he can come home to see her as soon as he can. He too, prayed so that the road is clear and so he will not stuck in heavy traffic. That’s how eager Kai is to go home to meet his wife.