Chapter 11

Marriage Contract

 


“Babe, wake up.”

Kai unable to register it when he heard Naeun voice and how she calls him and he thinks he is dreaming so he pulls the blanket up, trying to sleep more and then he feels her hand on his cheek, patting him way too soft.

“Babe, you are going to be late.”

“Let me sleep some more.”

He groans and then heard soft chuckles and he knows its not from Naeun. So, there is someone there, in his room. So, he pulls Naeun until she falls on his chest and hugs her.

“Let’s cuddle up honey. I miss you.”

He said in a husky voice and then he heard the same voice from earlier chuckles louder.

“I think I should go for now.”

And then the door clicked.

“What did Namjoo wants?”

“I don’t know.”

Naeun said as she wriggles herself out of Kai’s embrace. Kai let her go and sat on the bed, grinning.

“Morning.”

“Morning sleepyhead. You don’t have to go to office today?”

“Ani. I don’t go to office everyday Naeun.”

“Why? Lazy?”

“Yah. I’m not.”

He whines and Naeun laughs.

“Oh right. We are going to a celebration party tomorrow.”

“We? We? Me included?”

“Yes. We.”

Naeun said, turns to look at Kai who glares at her and she glares too.

“I think I told you about how we have to go to gathering and family parties.”

“Your family is having a party?”

“Not exactly my family. The Jung family is throwing a party for Ilhoon. We have to go.”

“I don’t even know them. I know President Jung, but.”

“Jongin, we have an agreement.”

“Sure. When?”

He said, coping. Naeun grins.

“Tomorrow, dinner party.”

“Alright.”

“Yah, answer me sincerely can you.”

“Okay Naeun. We are attending the party.”

“Smile.”

Kai smiles too. And Naeun smiles in content.

“Happy?”

“Oh.”

She said and shoves Kai into the bathroom, passing him a towel.

“I’ll wait for you.”

Kai rolls his eyes and went into the bathroom, thinking why Naeun behaves sweetly the first thing in the morning but drops it when he accidentally turn the cold water on. Kai ends up screaming.


+++

“Why aren’t you going down first?”

“Shut up.”

Naeun whispers then Kai holds her hand when they are walking into the dining room.

“Omma, you should let my wife cook once in a while.”

Kai said and kisses Chorong’s cheek all the while holding Naeun’s hand.

“How can I when you never let her go out of the room?”

Chorong chuckles while Namjoo grins and Kai knows, she told Chorong the first thing when she comes down earlier. It’s a good thing. He can feel a bit at ease. The family thinks they are happily married. Though he thinks he and Naeun are fine.

“Eomonim, you can just give me task, I can cook too.”

“Yes. She can flip omelette”

“Oppa, why are you looking at me when you said that?”

Namjoo complaint and Kai laughs as he pulls the chair for Naeun and sat beside her.

“You know why elf.”

“Ommaaaa.”

“Stop it Kai, appa don’t like it when you call Namjoo elf remember?”

“Deh. Sorry omma.”

“Good. Now shall we eat?”

“Bomi unni?”

“The twins have check-up today. They went out early today.”

“I see.”

“Dig in.”

Chorong said cheerfully and they all ate. And later Naeun asks about everybody else.

“It’s rare for the table to be full during breakfast.”

Kai said as he put on his socks. Naeun passes him his briefcase. She nods after that.

“Do you want to go and get a gift later?”

“You can come with me?”

“I’ll fetch you after work. I’ll give you a call.”

“Okay. Thanks Jongin.”

She said sincerely and Kai smiles. He holds the back of her head and kisses her forehead as he whispers.

“Omma is watching.”

Naeun who was completely fooled by Kai grabs his arm and gives him a kiss on his cheek before she smiles sweetly and turn on her house wife mode.

“Come home soon.”

“You will miss me?”

He asks sweetly and Naeun chuckles before she nods.

“I’ll be home real soon. Got to go now.”

“Drive safely.”

“I will babe.”

And so Naeun watch until Kai was driving. As she turns around, Chorong is on the flight of stairs, walking down.

“Eomonim, where were you?”

“Oh, I was in my room since after breakfast. Wae dear?”

“Oh. Aniyo.”

Naeun then bows and shuffles to her room when Chorong told her to. She scolds Kai in her mind and plan to ignore him until she was reminded of their plan this evening.

“Urghhhh.”

She groans and punches Kai’s pillow, imagining it was him.


+++


“What are you planning to buy?”

Naeun shakes her head, cheerfully savouring the cotton candy she just bought even when Kai made face about how she will get cavities because of too many sweets.

“You don’t have plans?”

“Should I get him a pen?”

“Sure Naeun. A doctor need that.”

“It’s not as if I have to get him a stethoscope.”

Naeun rolls her eyes. Kai pulls her to a souvenir shop and points at a rack and Naeun ends up buying a simple one, after much nagging.

“You shouldn’t offer to take me shopping if you are going to make that face.”

She whines as she walks beside him. Kai’s hand is in his pocket and he shrugs.

“I can’t let you go out alone. There are wolves around.”

“Playing husband?”

Naeun smirks but Jongin stops and stares. Naeun looks at him.

“What?”

“Watch what you said. We are in public.”

“And I should say that to you too. Watch how you behave darling.”

Kai straightaway holds her hand, intertwined their fingers and walks. Naeun looks at her hand and at him questioningly so Kai leans to his ear.

“I’m playing husband.”

Naeun rolls her eyes and chuckles after before Kai too smiles as they went to have their dinner in a fast food restaurant as what Naeun had insist before.


+++


“Finally both my princesses are here.”

Yonghwa announce when Naeun walks into the venue, hand circling around Kai’s arm. They paste a smile on their face as they walk to Yonghwa and his wife, Shinhye who was expecting their present.

“Sorry I couldn’t attend the wedding sweetheart.”

Said Shinhye and Naeun shakes her head, still smiling sweetly.

“It’s okay ahjumma. Ilhoon will be throwing fit if you attend my wedding instead of his graduation day.”

“That’s true.”

Yonghwa commented, patting Kai’s back.

“How did you feel? Marrying my princess?”

“My life is perfect?”

“You got a right answer there young man!”

Yonghwa cheerfully said and hugs Krystal when she went to his appa.

“Where is Myungsoo?”

“He is chatting away with his friends and business talk came so I leave.”

Shinhye pinches Krystal’s cheek at her cuteness and Naeun laughs.

“Where is Ilhoonie?”

“I don’t see him. Maybe around here.”

“I’m here pumpkin.”

Ilhoon announce and puts a hand around Naeun’s shoulder and kisses her cheek as if it was nothing. Kai is close to exploding, very close and soften when Naeun pushes Ilhoon away and hugs his body instead.

“No touching puppy. And why am I a pumpkin again?”

Kai smirks when Ilhoon make face, the older around them laughs and Ilhoon earns a pinch on his cheek from Shinhye.

“Told you Naeun is a wife now. Don’t socialize too much baby.”

“Omma. Why am I a baby?”

“Because you are my baby. Right princess?”

Krystal nods and went to hug her mother’s arm and soon Ilhoon too hugs her other arm.

“They are like that, and are pampered a lot.”

Naeun whispers to Kai, now only her hand was drape around his back. Kai hugs her protectively, as if anyone will come and kiss her from anywhere.

“Go on and help yourself with the food princess, Jongin.”

Yonghwa said, smiling at them. Naeun nods and leads them to the buffet and pulls her hand away from Kai, taking a plate.

“What do you want to eat?”

“Did he always do that?”

“Do what?”

“Kiss you.”

Naeun laughs and shakes her head.

“Are you jealous Jongin?”

She whispers and Kai frown.

“I might be?”

“Oh no.”

Naeun said, faking a surprise expression on her face. Kai moves closer to her.

“Wae? Something wrong?”

“Ani. Just that the almighty Jongin had fallen for my charm.”

Naeun laughs and elbowed him. Kai scrunched his face. Naeun then pats his cheek before she smiles.

“I’m kidding baby. Now let’s eat?”

“Gurae.”

He follows Naeun again like a lost puppy and sat when she asks him, eat when she feeds him. Kai heart starts to beat faster when she brushed his lips with her finger and he stares, until he heard the annoying voice from last time.

“We meet again.”

He turns to him and cough. Naeun’s hand went straight to his chest, rubbing it and that’s what makes him likes Naeun more. She is affectionate and she care for him. So what do he care if Taemin is always there to ruin his day? Naeun will make it fun.

He grabs her hand and kisses it, smiling and mouthing he is fine. He saw how Taemin’s smile becomes fake as time passed and he too realize that Naeun become more clingy to him than from when they are just surrounded by Naeun’s “family”.

Kai can’t help but to think if it’s because of Taemin’s presence.

“Is there anything going on between them in past?”