Chapter 20

Marriage Contract

 

 


Naeun found herself staring at her husband again today. She glances at the alarm clock and sighs when she saw the time. She had been staring for almost 10 minutes

“I want to cuddle with you and kiss that lips but I have to go down.”

She did kisses his lips and forehead before she walks down from the bed and took a bath. She then walks out of the room quietly and went to the kitchen.

“Morning eomonim.”

She greeted and Chorong happily kisses her cheek before telling her what she plan on making for breakfast.

“It’s your abeoji must have after having a party.”

Naeun nods, preparing to cut some vegies and tomatoes for the Caesar salad while Chorong heated the pan for the sausages and eggs.

They talks harmoniously and laughs at some jokes until the finished making breakfast.

“You can finish it from here?”

“Sure eomonim.”

“Great. I’ll call your abeoji.”

“Deh.”

Naeun turns around and put some coffee powder inside the pot before placing it on the machine. She hums a song and hugs herself, before yelping when she was lifted off the floor.

“You scared me.”

She said when she was turned to face her handsome husband and Kai laughs before kissing her face all over.

“Wae?”

“I wake up without you by my side. I’m cold.”

“I help eomonim making breakfast.”

“Wake me up next time. I want to see you when I wake up.”

Naeun chuckles and kisses him.

“Okay. Now let me finish.”

Kai nods and kisses her nape before he trots to the dining room, grinning when he saw his father and mother.

“I’m seeing you near the kitchen quite often after you got married.”

“He is still under Naeunnie’s spell. I bet he can’t get out.”

Kai scratches the back of his head and sat down, Chorong too sat and asks the maid to bring in the food. Naeun puts the coffee pot and sat beside Kai who quickly attached to her and the morning breakfast goes on with only four of them having their meal.


+++


“Let’s date.”

Kai said when he was getting ready for work. Naeun glances at him and laughs.

“Why?”

“I want to spend more time with you. I want to know more about you. Let’s go for a date, movie, restaurant. Eoh?”

“Gurae. Weekend?”

“Ani. That’s too long. Today?”

“You are working today baby.”

“After work. I’ll fetch you.”

“Okay. I’ll dress prettily.”

“You are pretty even without any.”

Naeun squints her eyes at Kai who had the silly grins on his face as he walks to her.

“But I wish to only show you the beauty.”

She jokes and he laughs too, resting his nose on her neck, smelling her.

“Oh you make me want to just stay at home.”

“It’s you who don’t want to go to work. Don’t blame me.”

Kai laughs, his laughter vibrates through her skin which makes Naeun shivers. She pushes his face away before cupping him and kisses his cheek.

“Now go to work. Earn money for your family.”

“I will.”

He said, hugging her once again before he kisses her head.

“I’ll call you.”

“Just focus on your work please.”

He chuckles and bows to her. Naeun laughs, waves at him when he walks out of the room.

“Let’s see what we got in here.”

She said and walks to the closet, going through her collections.


+++


Kai is excited when he fetch Naeun and so does Naeun. She dressed in a black top and white and black stripe skirt. She simply put on a white sneakers and a sling bag to complete her style.

“So pretty.”

He complimented her as soon as she is inside the car while he pinched her cheek. He helps her put on the seatbelt and take the chance to give her a peck as well.

“You too look y.”

She said and Kai laughs.

“Let’s go eat first and we’ll walk before watching a midnight movie.”

“You had plan it all?”

“Of course.”

He smugly said and press on the gas pedal, taking her hand in his before he kisses it; smiling so bright as he drive.

“You look happy.”

“I am. Never been this happy.”

He said truthfully and Naeun feels her heart swell. She leans on his arm and rested her head on his shoulder.

“I love you wife.”

He whispers and she nods.

“I love my husband too.”


+++


The love bird take a walk hand in hand in a park near the mall and they are smiling all along.

“I am so happy Naeun ah. I can’t express how happy I am.”

He said suddenly and she chuckles before squeezing his hand.

“I am too Jongin. We should do this long ago right?”

He nods and hugs her waist while one of his hand is in his pocket.

“What time is the movie?”

She asks and he glances at his watch.

“11.45. We have a lot of time in hand.”

“We have almost 1 and half hour.”

She said, pouting.

“What shall we do?”

“I can stare at you all the time though.”

He said, staring at his wife oh so dearly and Naeun blush a little.

“Your sweet talk is getting better. I’m flattered.”

Kai grins and nuzzles on her cheek.

“I’m sincere. I had fallen head over heels for you.”


He said in a slow whisper and Naeun heave a breath.

“Wae?”

He asks and she shakes her head.

“I’m just happy. Too happy to word it.”

“I’m glad you are. Since I don’t know how to make you happy.”

“But you are experienced enough.”

“I never fall in love honey. It was that time when I just want to play around.”

“Ara.”

She chuckles.

“Sorry.”

He added; pulling her closer to him.

“Should we ditch our plan for movie?”

“And?”

“Let’s go somewhere else.”

“Where to?”

Naeun asks while blinking her eyes. Of course Kai found that too endearing.

“My secret escapade.”

“Now what?”

Naeun laughs and let him pulls her as they run a little to where he parked his car.


+++


Naeun walks a few step inside the apartment and turns to see him. Kai had the usual grin on his face and rubs the back of his head.

“I plan on bringing you here after movie but I just can’t wait longer. I’m too excited.”

“Where is this place? Whose place?”

“It’s mine. I bought it to run when I have it hard.”

“Why are you bringing me here?”

He walks to her and pulls her to him by her waist; kissing her forehead.

“I’m sharing everything about me with you. Only you know I own this apartment. And I will tell you more after this.”

“How sweet.”

Naeun smiles and she cups Kai’s face and pecks his lips.

“Should I see around?”

“Sure.”

He said and follows her when she went to one place to another and grins when she complimented his choice of decoration.

“Where is the room? I’m doing a spot-check.”

She said, laughing. He laughs too and carries her in his arm before kicking open the door.

“Can you start with me first?”

He asks in a low voice and she laughs before biting his ear. Answering in a whisper too.

“Of course it has to start with you.”