Chapter 7

Marriage Contract


“I’m pretty?”

Naeun asks, a smile ghost her face. Kai was flustered but before he can answer, she stood up, massaging his arm.

“Sorry this must be numb by now.”

“It’s okay though.”

Kai said, smiling as he too sit down.

“Feeling better now?”

“Yeah. Thank you. You are a nice person.”

“I should be more careful. Sorry.”

“Aniya. I rely on you too much. I shouldn’t.”

Naeun climbs out of the bed and went into the bathroom. Kai frowns. He feels his heart clenched as she said that when he should not.

Seeing how small and fragile she was when she nearly drown makes his protective instinct awaken.

When she walks out of the bathroom and wipes the water off her face, Kai went to her and holds her shoulder which makes her stares at him, waiting for him to talk.

But instead of saying anything, he sighs.

“Get something cosy to wear. We’ll eat out.”

“I thought we’ll just gonna eat at the restaurant here?”

“I know a perfect place that you will love. Let’s go there.”

He smiles and Naeun nods her head. She shrugs and went to pick a dress that she loves the most.

“I love this one the most.”

She said and ignored about the cosy that Kai talk about earlier. She will dress according to her mood and she wants to wear this today.

“What did I told you about dressing cosily?”

“Kenchana. It’s not that cold outside.”

Said Naeun and put on her earring that match with her dress.

“Wae?”

She asks when he stand still rather than changing his outfit.

“Nothing.”

Said Kai and he quickly went to take a shirt and a pair of jeans, and he grabs a jacket, just in case.

He took short time to finish and he went to Naeun again who puts some gloss on her lips.

“I’m done.”

She announces and he shoves his hand inside his pocket before nodding.

Kai leads them to a car and Naeun raise a brow.

“I rent it.”

He said knowing.

“Oh. Nice car.”

She smiles and went in by herself. Kai bites his lips with his slowness and went to his side before he take the wheel.


+++


“You are right.”

Naeun smiles as she wipes .

“The food is good.”

“Told ya.”

Kai answered her smugly and Naeun chuckles, drinking some water.

“I’m going to the restroom for a bit. Watch my bag.”

“Aren’t you going to do some touch up?”

“Wae? Do I look ugly?”

“Ani.”

He arched his brow. His exes always went to restroom and comes out with another layer of makeup. Naeun is different he guess.

“I’ll be quick.”

“Do I wait here or there.”

“Just wait here Jongin.”

Naeun stood up and walks to the restroom with a thankful smile after she asks a waiter. Kai sighs. Everyone looks at Naeun with that look and he wants to just cover her up like a kimbab. But he doesn’t have any excuses for doing that.

“Come to your sense and don’t think weirdly Kim Jongin.”

He gave a mental reminder to himself and was more than surprised when he heard a female voice, calls his name. And it’s not Naeun.

“Who?”

He asked, totally surprised by who the girl might be. He doesn’t remember if he saw her anywhere and flinch when she was about to grab his arm.

“Whoah. No touching.”

He said and soon he was grab from behind and sighs in relief when its Naeun now.

“Who is she husband?”

She asked and she glares at him when she mouthing husband.

“I don’t know too.”

Kai said, trying to remember the face but failed again.

“It’s Siyeon.”

The said lady introduce herself, only to Kai and Naeun was pushed aside by her. Kai was flustered as well and before he can act, Naeun yanked her off of her husband.

“But who?”

Kai asked again and Naeun swears she almost rolls her eyes.

“One of your exes of course.”

She mumbles and smiles at the lady.

“So what can we help you with?”

She asked, poker faced.

“I’m his girlfriend. Who are you?”

She said boldly, unsatisfied that Jongin eyes are on Naeun. Naeun jaw drops at that. She obviously calls Kai husband earlier.

“So, I need to remind you again?”

Naeun asks, rolls her eyes for real this time.

“Again? What do you mean by again?”

“You obviously are there.”

Naeun glares at her while Kai stood silently, watching how Naeun deals with the lady.

“I don’t know. You might be wrong.”

She said, stuttering.

“Yes. It’s you. Acting like a staff when you are not. Sorry darling but the awkwardness in your face really shows even now.”

“Dddeh?”

“How do you know we are having our honeymoon here though?”

Naeun asks, now glancing at her husband.

“Hyung announce it. Remember?”

He said, almost desperately and Naeun nods before she looks at the lady.

“Are you here to ruin something? Is there a baby drama that you are going to throw on my face?”

She paled when Naeun said that and Jongin whines immaturely. Naeun just has to send him a knowing glare before he keeps quiet.

Naeun now had crosses her arm. She never imagine that she had to deal with her husband exes right here, in another country.

The girl named Siyeon, as she announce earlier walks away with no words. She just walks quickly and Naeun heard Kai sighs in relief.

She took her bag that Kai hold and grabs his shirt so he follows her out of the restaurant.

“Naeun. I.”

“You better come clean with your other exes because I can’t deal with all those girls during our 3 years of marriage.”

Naeun said and looks at him. Kai nods and frown.

“Why? You forget most of them?”

He grins and Naeun punches his stomach.

“Woah.”

He exclaimed, hugging his stomach.

“That’s quite a blow.”

“When we get back, tell me about the girls that you still remember so I know them. It will be easy for me.”

“Naeun. We shouldn’t.”

“Don’t you see what happen today?”

She asks him and he was silence again. Kai then turn in the ignition and they both sleep without having any conversation until the next morning that Naeun wakes up to a room that full of flowers with a note which says I’m sorry.

She chuckles and shakes her head when she can’t find Kai anywhere in their room.

“I forgive you so come out now.”

She said and tied her hair up, proceed to brush her teeth. Kai grins when he pops out from only God knows where and Naeun slaps his head to his surprise.

“I’m all good now that I had punished a playboy like you.”

She said and rinse .

“But these are a waste of money.”

“It’s okay. Because it’s for you.”

He said cheekily but Naeun being Naeun quickly dodged it by asking him to call for breakfast.

“Deh.”

Jongin answers obediently but never fail to think about how Naeun can grasp him in her palm. He fakes a shivers before he picks up the phone for room service.


+++


“How’s the trip sweetie?”

Chorong asked when Naeun sat beside her. Naeun just smiles and answers her politely before he kind lady ushers her to rest.

“Here is the souvenirs for all family members.”

“That can wait. You guys should rest first. I’ll make dinner with the others and will call you two down. Now go before the beagles know that you are home.”

Chorong said in a sing sang voice and Naeun always admire how cheerful her mother in law is.

“Let’s go Naeun ah. I’m sleepy.”

“Coming.”

Naeun announce and Kai moves first with their luggage and Naeun tailing him from behind.

“We should go and see your parents too.”

“Deh.”

“Sleep. You look tired.”

Said Kai before he falls down on the bed and Naeun shakes her head before pulling his jacket off.

“I should get some sleep too now.”

She yawned and sleep beside her husband and after few turn and twist, they end up sleeping in each other embrace.