Chapter 5

Marriage Contract

 

“Heyy, freshen up.”

Naeun said as she wakes Kai up.

“Uh. I’m sleepy.”

“Sleep after you wash up.”

She said in a soothing voice but still in his sleepiness, Kai whines and tries to turn around so that the voice stop bugging him. But Naeun manage to stop him before he turns.

“Don’t act like a baby because you aren’t Jongin. Freshen up. Go.”

Hearing the change in her tone, Kai stood up after he grunts.

“Ara.”

“Great.”

Naeun sang and went to her luggage and she took out her night dress. Soon after, she was in her sleep wear, replacing the bath robe that she wear a while ago.

Kai comes out of the bathroom and he saw Naeun, checking on her phone. He gave her a brief stare and hesitantly went to his closet.

“I’m not looking.”

She suddenly said and Kai swear he was close to blushing. Naeun can read his situation and he wants to strangle himself because he acts coy, different from his nature. He did change anyway, but with glancing at Naeun now and then until he was fully dressed in his white shirt and stripes pyjama pant.

“Let’s talk.”

Naeun propose and he did went to the couch and sat opposite of her.

“Since we are now married, people will talk about lots of things, including when will I get pregnant and such.”

Kai nodding, agreed.

“So, we need answers for questions right?”

“Yeah.”

He said nonchalantly and Naeun knows Kai wasn’t interested in this but this talk is needed. So, they have to even though her eyes are getting droopy.

“Should we just go on with the situation? I mean, play along?”

“It’s if we are both there. What if we answers differently?”

“Ahh.”

“So, let’s share few things that I think were common thing that was asked to newly wed, including how good is the .”

Kai was sure that he will cough out his water if he was drinking some at Naeun boldness. She looks innocent and demure but her talks are unbelievable.

“Tell them what you want because that question won’t be directed to me.”

She chuckles after that.

“Wow. This is awkward.”

“But you seem very clear with it.”

“I know. I’m just helping with. You know, our agreement.”

“We can talk about the rest at the honeymoon trip Naeun. Now lets decide who got the bed.”

“Why?”

She asks, eyes on his face.

“Why? So are we going to sleep on the same bed?”

“Of course. We made an agreement about no . Touching while sleeping won’t do anything harm.”

“It means that you are okay sleeping with me? Really?”

“You are my husband Jongin. Of course I’m okay.”

“Since you say so.”

Kai said, grinning at that.

“Don’t blame me.”

“Blame you? On what?”

Kai wasn’t answering, instead he went to the bed and lay down on it; letting out a satisfied sigh.

But he doesn’t forget to greet his wife.

“Goodnight Naeun. Congratulation on your wedding.”

Naeun chuckles and shakes his head.

“Congratulation too Jongin.”

And soon Naeun joins Kai on the bed when she too feels sleepy.

+++

Early that morning, Naeun sleep was interrupted by a heavy thing on her leg and as she tries to wriggles it off, another thing landed on her waist.

“Go away.”

She mutters in her sleep and was about to push her blanket before she feels her body was pulled and her neck was kissed.

Then only she remember she was on the bed with Kai, her newly wedded husband.

“Jongin ah, wake up. Leave me.”

She said as he keep snuggling on her neck and shoulder which is a bit exposes by her night dress.

“Hmmmmm.”

He answers and the hugs on her waist tighten.

“I tend to hug whoever wakes me up in the morning so Namjoo gives up waking me up.”

She remember that now and she knows why he’s been asking if she was sure that she is going to sleep with him.

“Jong.”

Naeun yelps when he suddenly cups her right and quickly covers so that she won’t make sound.

Slowly, she removes the hand that was on her chest and another one that was on her waist. She quickly rolls her body out of the bed and sighs in relief that she is out of her byuntae husband grip. Naeun ties up her hair and checks on the time.

“Its near my wake up time.”

She said and picks up her toiletries, went into the bathroom to brush and wash her face.

She was out few minutes later, sleepy head Kai was still sleeping.

She went to him and shook his shoulder with her finger and Kai pulls her towards him. As she landed in his chest, he cups her face and Naeun widens her eyes in disbelief when Kai actually deep kissed her in his sleep; without brushing!

+++

Kai ended up glaring at Naeun all the while she got ready that morning while Naeun laughs.

“I just feel alarmed when you suddenly kissed me. I don’t intend to.”

“Yeah. You did not.”

He said in sarcastic tone and Naeun finally went to him and checks his lips which is a bit swollen; result by her biting on them to make Kai left her lips.

“Let me put some ointment there.”

“Never mind.”

He said, shrugging her off.

“I can put it by myself.”

“Jongin, are you mad?”

She asks and when Jongin look at Naeun, she was seriously need the answer.

“I’m not. I’ll take a shower now.”

“Do you want me to wait for you? Or I should just go?”

“Wait for me. You’ll get mental breakdown if you go without me.”

Kai chuckles and not forgetting to grab his towel.

“What is so bad about it?”

Naeun shrugs and get back to dolling herself up.

“Now do I put this up or let it down?”

She mumbles while holding her hair.

+++

Naeun knows now what Kai means when he asks them to come to the breakfast together. She literally bombarded with questions and repeated questions as well.

“I’m bringing her out.”

Kai suddenly said and Naeun has to thanked him for that.

“Phew.”

Naeun thought. Kai was laughing beside her and she glare at him.

“What is so funny Jongin?”

“You are. The way you answer the beagles and all.”

He turns on the ignition and Naeun pulls the seatbelt.

“Anyway, thank you. Now where are we going?”

“I’m buying something.”

“Okay.”