Chapter 13

Marriage Contract

 

 

Naeun blinks when Kai deliciously savour her lips, it while closing his eyes. He even holds her chin so that he can tilt it for better taste; only releasing after a while.

“Wae?”

Naeun asks after the kiss. Kai seems flustered and he grins, rubbing his nape.

“I thought someone get home.”

Naeun rolls her eyes and continue to fork a piece of the chicken and eat it. Kai too awkwardly eat, eyeing his wife.

“Do you have anywhere to go?”

He asks and she once again rolls her eyes.

“Where can I go with my leg?”

“I can carry you.”

“If I want to go shopping too?”

“Why not? My stamina is no joke.”

“Yeah right. You are huffing after you carry me up the stairs.”

“Yah. That’s because.”

“I just want to rest. Do you want to watch movies?”

“Sure.”

He gives up arguing and both soon finish eating. Kai stubbornly want to leave the dirty dishes but Naeun made him wash them all. He angrily wash them, muttering no one ever ask him to do that.

“Now do you want an injured person to wash that?”

Kai gives up the second time that day. Naeun is a wife now and wife is always right, like his Minseok hyung always said.


+++


Legs stretch and back rested on the header of their bed, Kai and Naeun both laughs at the funny scene from the movie they watch.

“Have you watch it before?”

She asks, casually leans her head on his shoulder. Her eyes getting sleepy.

“This is my first time.”

He answers, moves a bit so she can rest comfortably. Naeun then yawns and Kai pats her cheek.

“Just sleep if you are sleepy.”

“But I want to see what happen next.”

“We can just watch it next time.”

He said and Naeun quickly nods, hugging his arm as she sleeps.

“That fast?”

He murmurs and smiles anyway. Switching off the TV with the remote, he stares at his wife’s calm and beautiful sleeping face and he swears he feel his heart fluttering.

Kai ignores the feeling and leans to peck on her lips, smiling when she scrunch her nose.

“You really have superpower I guess.”


+++


Half a year passed since they got married and Naeun had adapt to the family, the crying and whining sound of each kid and how she have to stop the growing twins from grabbing things to munch.

Kai still like how he was last 6 months, just that he grows more clingy to Naeun, so he attached himself more to her when they are with the family.

He will come down with a tie in his hand, plead Naeun to put it on for him and casually steal kisses while she was focusing on tying them.

Jimin is now heavily pregnant, 7 months and it probably be a girl this time around. Naeun helps with her older kid when she can, even when Kai complains a lot. She knows he doesn’t mean that.

They went to gathering, party, gala and celebrations a lot during those 6 months being married and Kai had grown accustomed to being present.

One thing that caught his attention is how stiff Naeun will be if they are around Taemin. She is too clingy to him, even will hold his hand tightly, making that sad expression when he needs to go to the restroom and she doesn’t fake it.

He had been observing his wife. Sometimes he too will mention Taemin just to see how she reacts but still, she will look daze or try hard to change the topic.

“Naeun ah.”

He called when she was chatting with the kids, her face is full of rainbows and he love how smooth her tone when she answers him.

“Waeyo? Do you need anything?”

Kai nods, pulls out his hand from his jog pants pocket.

“I need to go out to exercise, come with me.”

“I’ll just change.”

He nods, and waited, smiling when his sister in law smile at him and taps his finger on the table.

Naeun comes down few minutes later clad with T-shirt and sport legging, her hair in tied up in a ponytail. Kai smiled at how fresh she looked.

“Come on.”

“Neh.”

Said Naeun, walking with him and still hold that smile when she was seated in his car. Kai leans over and puts on her seatbelt for her. Naeun thank him cheerfully.

“Why are you bringing me now when you never did?”

“I might have reason. I might don’t.”

Naeun laughs and turns on the radio, singing along when she heard the song. Kai drives smoothly until they arrived at the gym. Naeun complaints that she can’t listen to the full song but unboard the car still.

“Treadmill?”

He asks and Naeun nods. Kai set the pace after he asks Naeun and he too runs beside her. Soon, he heard a familiar voice and he turns to look at his wife who face had stiffen. He then turn off his and hers before he pulls her down and he never thought he will ask Taemin what he asks him today.

“Let’s grab something to drink?”


+++


They are in a bar, Naeun safely sat close to Kai while Taemin sat across of her, holding his famous smirk. She drink her cola awkwardly, feeling stuffed.

“She can’t handle alcohol well. So it just us then.”

“I know.”

Taemin answers shortly and Kai know, something really happen between them but he just can’t point what it was.

“So how do you know?”

“Maybe it was when I fall drunk during that time with your friend honey.”

She answers quickly and Taemin chuckles.

“Yeah. Maybe.”

He said and Kai laughs, to ease the atmosphere. He can see that Naeun is not comfortable at all. How she behave around Taemin and how witty she is usually, he kind of have a bad feeling.

“So, no baby announcement?”

Taemin asks, eyes directly at Naeun. Kai saw how uncomfortable Naeun is at that question so he laughs again, kissing her cheek and saw how Taemin lose his smile.

“We are trying to not have one too soon. You know how we are married right? I still need more time to romance.”

Taemin snickers and Kai found that unamusing.

“Should we head home?”

Naeun asks, close to pleading and Kai down his drink and apologize to Taemin that they had to call it short.

Naeun took the key from Kai, not before nagging that he shouldn’t drive while under influence of alcohol and he gladly let her drive.

“Naeun.”

“I have to focus while I drive so please don’t talk to me.”

He comply and just watching as his wife drive, trying so hard to think about why she behave that way around Taemin.


++++

When they are home, no one except Namjoo are awake, Naeun greeted and talks to her for a while when Kai just head upstairs, cleaning himself.

When he goes out, Naeun was already inside their bedroom, a towel on her arm. She head in without looking at him and Kai realize that Naeun was angry.

So he change to a pajama pant, waiting for her to come out and she comes out with a fresher look on her face and went to the dressing table.

“I don’t know you are close to him that you guys can go out and have a few shot together.”

Naeun said as she untie her hair, ruffling it and wipes her face, spraying some moisturizer on her face and neck.

Kai leans on the wall near her, crossing his arm as he stares at her who look a lot calmer than when they were with Taemin.

“I’m not but it seem that you are.”

Naeun quickly shot her eyes at him. Kai shrugs.

“Or maybe were?”

 

 

 

 

I'll cut it right here for now... ♡