Chapter 4

Marriage Contract

 

“Hello Mr. Handsome.”

Sunggyu chuckles and hugs Naeun.

“Congratulations princess.”

“Don’t you think it is such a loss? That I am now married.”

“Of course. I’m sad.”

Sunggyu fakes a sad expression which makes Naeun laughs heartily at that. Sunggyu laughs too but Kai, he feels left out. And after a moment of being ignored, he fake a cough.

“Oh husband. Samchun, you know my husband right?”

Naeun asks as she hugs Kai’s arm. He looks at her hand that was on her arm and smiles before he looks at Sunggyu.

“I know him from his father. You know my connection. It’s all around the world.”

“Look at you bragging again. I heard that you pretend that you don’t know me from abeonim.”

“Ok I won’t today. I’m just joking. See how shock Suho is earlier. By the way Jongin, take good care of Naeun. She is a precious gem to us.”

“Us?”

Kai repeats after Sunggyu and he nods.

“I have no children so she is close to me since she was little.”

“But she is closer to me.”

Heechul said and pats Naeun’s hair.

“I remember you said that Yura is your favourite.”

“Yura too. She is going to be my daughter in law.”

“Geumanhe Samchun. It doesn’t matter right. As long as I’m still you two favourite.”

“Yeh.”

Heechul commented and smiles widely.

“Jongin. Congratulations because you got a perfect one as your wife. See how bright your life will be after this.”

“And give us grandchild to play with too.”

“It’s too soon to talk about that samchun.”

“Wae? Having kids after marriage is normal. Right Heechul?”

“Gureom. I had told Wonsik that he need to grant me a grandchild as soonest as he can.”

“Oppa will become burden by that then samchun.”

Naeun said while shaking her head, Kai still doesn’t know how to join the conversation so he keep quiet.

“I do that intentionally.”

Heechul laughs and pats Kai’s arm.

“Remember, grant us good news soon.”

“We will try. Right Naeun?”

Naeun just laughs it off and slaps Kai’s chest tenderly as she laughs.

“We better run now.”

She said and drags Kai away from her father’s friend after she waves at them.

“They are always like that. Playful and jokester.”

Naeun reason and Kai nods.

“I don’t know them out of business line. Their character seems interesting.”

“Trust me, they are. I literally grows up around not one but 4 fathers. Yonghwa samchun is not here since he had to attend Ilhoonie graduation ceremony. Shinhye ahjumma went with samchun too. Only Krystal was here.”

“President Jung is close to you too? Wow. Your connection is wider than mine.”

“It might be because I spend my time around families while you.”

Naeun chuckles, grabbing his hand so that he sat down next to her. Kai did sit then.

“What? Are you saying that I’m socializing instead of having family time?”

“You should know your self better right?”

Kai rolls her eyes at that and took the glass that Naeun gave to him with a thank you.

“I’m not going to deny that. Gathering never makes me interested.”

“But you know that after this, you have to attend it right?”

“I have to? No way.”

“Yes way. I wrote it all.”

She whispers it into his ear and Kai has to groan in disbelief.

“Come on cheer up. It’s not that bad. We just need to talk, dance and socialize with our circle.”

“That’s what makes it more boring.”

“Be positive husband. Think out of the box.”

“Out of the box like?”

“How long have you enter this whole business sector that you are this clueless?”

“Excuse me?”

“Okay you are excuse.”

“What? I don’t.”

“Loosen up.”

Naeun said as she pats his chest, three times.

“I’m joking.”

“Oh.”

He responded just to gain a chuckle of disbelief from his newly wedded wife.

“So, what do you think about babies?”

Naeun asks suddenly, eyes straight at her husband.

“What do you mean?”

Flustered Kai asks her, fidgeting in his seat.

“You had a niece and three nephews if I’m right. How do you find them?”

“Ahh. You mean those?”

Naeun nods, indifferent expression as she waits for him to answer her.

“They are loud. Especially Baekhyun. He really inherits hyungsoo’s character. Because Minseok hyung is so calm. Like appa.”

“Minseok oppa is the one who married Jimin unni right?”

“Deh.”

“She is a senior of mine. I really love her chatter. She always has stories to tell us. Just like a mother.”

“I see.”

“How about Jongdae oppa’s kids?”

“Annoying too. I always lose my socks because the little creature. He crawls around and robs it.”

“Come on Kai. You are exaggerating.”

“I’m not. Just see it for yourself later.”

He down the glass in one shot and Naeun giggles at his expression.

“I love kids. So I might not going to agree with you.”

“Just live with them first Naeun. I bet you’ll take back your words.”

“Arasseo. Let’s see then.”

The congratulating reception for the newly wed ends at 11 that night and both are totally flat out pf their energy when they finally enter their room in the Kim’s.

“I’ll bath first okay. This dress is really uncomfortable.”

“Do as you wish. I’m sleeping.”

“Take at least a short shower can you?”

Naeun glares at Kai as she removes the pins from her hair carefully.

“I will later.”

Kai said and pull of the butterfly tie and removes his coat and soon, he was snoring on the sofa.

Looking at that, Naeun too take a long breathe and grabs a new towel. Before she went into the bathroom, she glances at Kai who was now in deep sleep.

“You had worked had.”

She mouths and smiles at Kai’s cuteness.

 

 

 

 

Naeun's dress --> here