Chapter 10

Marriage Contract

 


Kai pants as he sat down, Naeun, surprisingly sat on his lap as she too catch her breath.

“I’m good right?”

Kai just nods, unable to speak. Naeun sweaty neck tempt him to just it there and there. But it will shocked Naeun who seems a bit lost.

“Naeun ah. Are you drunk?”

“Maybe.”

She said, grinning. Kai shakes his head and button up her jacket.

“We should go home.”

“Aniya. I want to stay.”

She whines like a school girl and Kai stops her from wriggling on his lap. He can’t stand it. Every movement from her makes him go insane.

“Yah. You are drunk. No way we are staying here a bit longer.”

“Are you telling me we are going home with me like this?”

“Oh. That’s true too.”

Kai mumbles, starts to think of something else. At that moment, Naeun’s head had fallen on his shoulder, she starts mumbling incoherent words.

“Let’s find a hotel then.”

He said and she doesn’t complain. Kai bids goodbye to his friends. Chan was complaining that he leave too soon but Yixing nods acknowledging.

“Are you okay to walk?”

“Yes. Just support me.”

Kai nods again and helps Naeun as he walks to his car at the parking lot. Naeun safely sat on the passenger sit when he breath in to calm his hormone down and soon he took the wheel and went to a nearby hotel.

“Suite please.”

Naeun chuckles when she heard that. She grabs his shirt and whispers to his ear.

“Just find a small room Jongin, don’t flaunt your wealth to me.”

“Don’t speak anything.”

He said and turns to the receptionist.

“Process it fast.”

“Sure sir.”

Naeun was totally out of it when they arrive in the room.

“Just throw up. You’ll feel better.”

“I can’t.”

She whines, kicking her legs in the air as she was lying down.

“Aishh. How can someone get this dead drunk after a sip? You are sober when you dance.”

He mumbles as he pulls her shoes off of her feet.

“Yahh. Don’t.”

“Stay still Naeun.”

“Deh ahjussi.”

Naeun answered and laughs hysterically after that. She sat down and took Kai by surprise that he jumped a bit.

“Buy me some water.”

Kai hissed by Naeun totally changing character but went to fetch her some water.

“There. Drink up.”

“Feed me.”

“Aishh.”

“Don’t scold me. Hiks.”

She pouts and Kai huffs. He is at fault too and he thinks that he was getting all the punishment in one go so he tries to relax.

“Better?”

He asked when she done gulping all the water, some was on her shirt. Once again he shakes his head and went to grab a robe from the cupboard.

“Yahhhh.”

She whines when he pulls her to sit and mumbling some words.

“Stay still. I’m trying to make you feel more comfortable.”

“Why are you undressing me?”

Kai rolls his eyes but stood straight when she glares at him while holding his hand.

“Your shi..rt. It’s wet.”

He said, blinking while he looks at her.

“I’ll do it.”

Kai shrugs and turns around and soon Naeun had change to the robe.

“Now sleep.”

He said, and dim the light. He looks at her who was sleeping now and mouthing goodnight before he went to the couch.


+++


Kai wakes up when he was shake continuously. He opens his right eye to peek and saw Naeun in last night’s white robe.

“Go and wash up. Give me few minutes.”

“My clothes.”

“Waeee?”

He asked, feeling angry that his sweet sleep is interrupted. But seeing Naeun’s cheek tinted pink, he got it and stands up.

“I send it for dry cleaning.”

He calls for room service and looks at Naeun who has half oh her face covered with her hair.

“I’m sorry if I had troubled you last night. I really became an alcohol slave even though I just taste it.”

“You did nothing embarrassing. You are sober enough to change your clothes too.”

He said, now slam his body on the bed, sighing.

“Why don’t you just sleep on the bed?”

“Aniyo. You are drunk. I’m just.”

Then he stopped.

“Nevermind.”

He said, closing his eyes.

“I’ll just sleep for few minutes. We’ll just head home after you feel better. Wait.”

Kai opens his eyes once again and look at Naeun.

“Your head is alright?”

“Deh. Wae?”

“Hangover.”

“I think I don’t have it.”

Said Naeun, pushing her hair behind her ear. She smiled.

“Umm Jongin.”

“Yes?”

“Thanks.”

She said and went to open the door when the bell rang. Kai chuckles and shakes his head.

“I don’t know which one is your real self Naeun.”


+++


“Are you having a good sleep dear?”

Chorong asks when Naeun comes down after she changes her dress.

“Neh.”

“Jongin’s friends are adorable. Only that they are a little naughty.”

Said Chorong, pouring a cup of tea for Naeun. She took it with a shy smile and drink it.

“By the way, where is your husband?”

“He is on the phone talking about business.”

“I see. He is going to start working. You sure you are going to leave your work? I heard you love it.”

“I love it so much but I feel that I should bond with the family. And eomonim’s family is surprisingly big.”

“Oh Naeun. We are blessed with kids. I got pregnant shortly after marriage. Jongdae too wants to have kids after two or three years but Bomi got pregnant really quick. Jiminnie, she must told you that she is expecting again. Baekhyun doesn’t seem to like the idea but he will be fine I guess.”

“Right. Unni told me if our kids can become chingu.”

“I love kids. And I don’t mind if you want to work after you had enough numbers of them. I’ll look after them.”

“Stop that omma.”

Kai suddenly said, sitting beside Naeun and rested his hand on her shoulder.

“I’m wearing protection.”

“Aish this kid. You don’t know when to talk that. You are embarrassing Naeun.”

Kai laughs and kisses Naeun’s head to her surprise.

“I have to go out to see the new site. Gonna see you later wife. And omma, please stop talking about babies. You’ll scare my honey.”

“Ara. Go now.”

Naeun smiles and soon hear the sounds of kid crying.

“Its starting. Baek is going to school.”

“He cried?”

“He is the cry baby of the family. Just like his father. He toned down a bit but get on it again since he knows that Jimin is pregnant.”

“Minseok oppa is? Really?”

“Deh. Jongin too cry a lot when he was a kid. Worse than Minseok. Namjoo is tougher than him. He is such a nerd back in middle school. Got better at age of 16. But after that, it’s hard to keep a hold on him. He is everywhere but home.”

Chorong sighs. And pats Naeun’s hand who was looking at her. She smiled.

“But he has a lot of respect towards his father. He listen to him. And we manage to get him back on track.”

“I heard about him too. He is popular as per my best friend. But I wasn’t aware until I was to pair up with him.”

“Chincha? I’m glad you like him.”

“Deh.”

Naeun answers while she smiles awkwardly. If only Chorong knew about the deal they made, her mother in law will be disappointed for sure.

“I’m helping your abeonim for work neh.”

Chorong pats Naeun’s lap and soon leave. She looks around alone and her face brighten when she saw Bomi comes out with both her twins in her arm.

“Oh Naeunnie, good morning. Where is Kai?”

“He went to work.”

She responded, taking one of the twins from Bomi as the older thanked her, breath out in relief.

“They both woke up at the same time so I got my hand full. I left the older for him to attend to. Oh I’ll make their food. Can you look at them play while I made them.”

“Sure. I have nothing to do too.”

“Just leave them on the play mat will do.”

“Yeh unni.”

Bomi then scampers to the kitchen and soon enough Naeun can hear her chopping. She then turns her attention to the twins and they were staring at her.

“What are you looking at? Unfamiliar?”

She smiles and pats both head. The twins are adorable. Naeun kind of forget about what they and the other two did to her on her first morning here.

She sat with them and watches as they plays with their teether and giggle along when they laughs.

“Adorable sight right?”

Jongdae asked and Naeun turns around to look at him. She stands and greets him.

“Neh. Are you going to work now?”

“Not yet. I’ll go after breakfast since your husband had went to the project site.”

He wriggles his eyebrows after and smiles when Naeun seems don’t know what to do.

“So, what do you think about having triplets eh?”

“Neh?”

“Stop that talk Jongdae. You always scaring Naeun”

Minseok said as he went straight to the kitchen and stir something in a glass and walks passes them again to his room.

“Want Jongin to do that for you?”

“Do what?”

Naeun asks, clueless. Jongdae laughs. Then Naeun got it. It must be that Minseok brought that water for Jimin. So she chuckles.

“We are not in a rush oppa. We still are in a knowing each other phase.”

“But it doesn’t seem that way. Looking at you and him sticking together like there is no tomorrow, I doubt that you are still in the early phase.”

Jongdae teased and Naeun blushed. They did act too close. And they are like husband and wife too.

“We’ll just leave it to fate oppa.”

“Aigoo. Arasseo. We’ll see then.”

Jongdae teased and went to the dining room.

“Is the breakfast even ready?”

Naeun think and was about to walk to the kitchen when the twins started crying.

“Oh boy. What happened?”

Naeun started to panic and soon a laughing Jongdae went to hold up his twins, Naeun sighs in relief.

“If they cry, carry them, they’ll stop.”

“Ahh deh.”

“But that’s not always be a solution.”

Bomi said, smiling sweetly as she signalled Jongdae to get the twins eating chair.

“Thank you for looking after them Naeunnie.”

She doesn’t forget to thanked her before the married couple tend to their children needs; Jongdae helping the grumpy oldest while Bomi feed the twins one after another. Naeun smiled and turns to head to the kitchen but then Chorong came down with Suho, face full of kindness as the lovable pair look at her.

“Did you have your breakfast yet?”

“Aniyo. I was wondering if I can help making breakfast.”

“Look how sweet you are. But it’s okay. I made breakfast. Now wait for Minseok and we can eat together.”

Chorong pats Naeun’s cheek and Suho still smile at her.

“Come on Naeunnie. Help yourself neh. You eat well last time so I hope you will eat your fill today as well.”

Naeun smiles shyly and nods. But the thing is, she finally got it; feeling sooo awkward without Kai there.

And the awkwardness continues when Jongdae starts to again and was joined by Namjoo and there is no Kai to help her.

“God. I shouldn’t quit my job.”

She regrets silently while thanking Suho who was asking them to eat in silence.

She stands by the door with the women when Suho, Minseok and Jongdae went to the company.

“I’m bringing Baekhyun to school today.”

Namjoo announce and Chorong nods acknowledging. Naeun then looks at Jimin who tiredly sat on the sofa after thanking Namjoo while Bomi is running after her son who was biting she wonders whose sock.

Naeun laughs and helps Bomi and she was struggling to have her twin to let go the sock.

“It’s your Baekkie hyung’s sock Hanbin ah. Let go.”

And soon the twin let it go but cried at his lost toy. Bomi then holds him and soothes him until his crying subsides before he was placed in the play pen with his other pair of twin.

“She is the busiest Naeun ah. Don’t panic.”

Jimin said as she rubs her nape and massages it once in a while. Naeun sat next to her.

“My morning sickness is a bit worse this time that I can’t even hold the steering.”

“Oh.”

Naeun response as she sympathetically looking at Jimin. She looks as if her energy had been drained out of her even though she looks great at dinner last night.

“You tell Baekhyun?”

“Ani. He knows it. He saw Bomi when she was suffering and was sulking when his father ask if he wants a sibling. Boom, I got pregnant after he said he wants a sibling from you not from me.”

“How did you find out?”

“After I talk to you, I realized my behaviour and emotion is changing and I did not get period for quite a few months, so I checked it right after dinner.”

“You text me after that?”

“I’m giving you strength to get into battle.”

Naeun laughs at Jimin’s joke. She is good with it since they are at school that she is well loved by her junior.

“But where did eomonim go?”

“At her flower garden. She spends her morning there. I went there too sometimes. But not today.”

“Me too.”

Said Bomi, sighing when her son calls her to report on his dongsaeng.

“Jaehyuk is always moody at the morning. I bet he doesn’t greet you?”

“Yes. He didn’t.”

“He needs few hours to adapt to morning. It happens since last year.”

Jimin tells her and Naeun nods again. Having Jimin is the family is great. She can have all the information she needs to.

“I think I have to lie down for a bit. We’ll talk again later neh Naeun.”

“Sure unni. Do you want any help?”

“Ani. I’m good. Go and accompany eomonim if you are bored. There, a beautiful sights of blooming flowers will greet you.”

Naeun likes the idea of seeing the garden at daylight so she went and was enchanted by it right away.

“Naeunnie, you came? They are my babies too.”

Said Chorong and Naeun can see how delicate her mother in law is. She is careful at her action to not ruin anything and follows Chorong excitedly when she asked if Naeun wants to take a tour around the house.


+++


“So how do you spend your day without me?”

Kai asks and Naeun laughs instead of rolling her eyes.

“I’m getting to know all your secrets from eomonim.”

“Oh. Seems like you are fine without me around.”

“I told you I am quite good in adapting to changes.”

“Yeah right.”

Kai answers and pulls his tie aggressively.

“Tired?”

“Very. It’s been too long since I work outside. The weather is killing me too.”

“You did look tired.”

Naeun commented flatly as she sat down on the bed. Kai hissed and grabs his towel.

“Do you want some tea Jongin? To make you feel lighter?”

“If you insist, make me coffee instead. Thanks Naeun.”

He smile a little a close the door while Naeun quickly help herself in the kitchen, fetching Kai’s favorite mug as what Bomi said and make him some coffee.

“Do I make it bland or sweet?”

She wonder and ended up bringing him a bitter black coffee.

Kai was out when she closes the door to their bedroom and was drying his hair with a hair dryer. He saw the mug and smiled.

“You are a quick learner aren’t you?”

“I am. And I had vowed to do my best even though this is just a contract.”

Kai kinda lose his smile at that. He was puzzled too and spots the mug of coffee. He quickly took it and plan to have a gulp only to burn his tongue and he yelps.

Naeun laughs and cups his face; mouthing clumsy before she plaster her lips on her and his tongue which Kai unknowingly enjoyed it, the burning sensation toned down.

And when Kai is about to grab her, Naeun left his lips and tongue and smiles at him.

“I’ll bring honey.”

Kai grumpily slams his back on the chair he was sitting and complaint only after Naeun had left to fetch some honey.

 

 

 

I’m busy and busy and busy.
I’m so so so sorry that you have to wait long and I hope this chapter can somehow entertain you guys.


Lot of Love, CherryKaiEun