Chapter 24

Marriage Contract

 

“Have you ever been so mad?”

Taemin asks his friend and he shrugs.

“Why? Something happen?”

He puts down his glass roughly and his jaw clenched.

“A lot of things happen. That’s one of it.”

“Kim Jongin?”

He nods.

“Look at the woman beside him.”

“You still haven’t move on from her?”

“I was humiliated. The only girl I couldn’t get.”

“I told you she is difficult even then.”

“But why does Kim got him? And even makes her pregnant?”

“I don’t know man. Maybe that’s love?”

Taemin glares at his friend and close to give him a taste of his knuckle but he hold it in. He needs Minho. He is the only friend he has now.

“I’m sorry.”

Minho said, raises his hands in surrender.

“I’m greeting them. You coming?”

Taemin shakes his head and took another glass of champagne from the waitress who walks beside him.

Minho shrugs and went to the couple. He smiles at both of them and Naeun was alerted on who he was.

“Hi Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim.”

“Drop the formality hyung.”

Said Kai, shaking his hand.

“I thought you aren’t coming.”

“How can’t I. I am taking a long break after this party. I have to brag to people about my beautiful wife.”

Kai said as he grins proudly. Minho look at Naeun and smiles at her.

“You still look like how you used too. Just that now you are glowing.”

Minho said and Kai thanked him instead of Naeun who just smiled.

“I’m sorry hyung but  we need to find a seat.”

“Oh sure. Go on. Naeun ssi must feel tired. That look huge.”

“Of course. They are going to have triplets.”

Jongdae who just came told Minho and his jaw dropped.

“Three in there?”

He asked again and quickly find Naeun a chair.

“Sit down.”

He said and Kai laugh. 

“Thanks.”

Naeun said, smiling as Kai help her sits.

“You can go. I can manage.”

She said to Kai but her husband doesn’t let her hand go.

“I’m not going anywhere leaving you here.”

“Okay love birds. I shall go then. Have fun. Eat a lot okay Naeun ssi.”

Naeun nods, thanking Minho again.

“Want something to eat?”

“You aren’t going to leave me you said.”

Said Naeun chuckling. Kai laughs.

“Joo is around. I’ll make use of her again.”

“You should stop you know. You always bully her.”

“I had only few months left. My baby sister is getting married soon.”

Kai sighs. Naeun knows how Kai loves his sister. Eunkwang bullied her a lot too and that is because he loves her.

“So, eating something?”

“Just get me some sandwiches if there is any.”

“Right away.”

Said Kai

+++


“Slow honey.”

“I am slow. How much slower you want me to walk?”

Naeun glares at Kai and he laughs.

“Mian.”

“You should be.”

“Ara. Sorry that I was late.”

“On top of that you want me to be slow?”

“But honey, that look dangerous.”

“Everything look dangerous to you Jongin.”

“Don’t be mad.”

Naeun glares at her husband who was now pouting. She keeps walking until she reached his car and sits on the passenger seat beside him, slam shut the door.

Kai scolds himself and run to the driver side and starts the ignition. Before he starts driving, he leans to Naeun and pecks her lips.

“Sorry.”

He said and Naeun sighs.

“Starts driving now or else we will be more late.”

“Alright.”

He took her hand and kisses it before placing them on his chest. Naeun who likes the gesture let him do it and slowly smiling.

“I wish the ceremony not yet starting.”

“They’ll wait for you for sure.”

Kai commented and she glares at him once again but her face wasn’t as sour as earlier.

“Come late again next time and you know what I’ll do to you.”

“Sorry.”

“What are we? Going to our family wedding this late.”

She nags and Kai apologizing again and again. Thank God they arrived and he makes Naeun sits in time. The music played and there, in the end of the aisle, Namjoo walks with Suho.

 

+++


“Breath. You can do it.”

She breath as she said it and Kai follows her. He is more nervous than she is. Worried is all over his face and Naeun chuckles at the sight.

“I am the one who will be in labor but you are acting like its you who is going to give birth.”

“I am nervous because I can’t share the pain. I’m so sorry.”

Wiping her tears that suddenly falls after Kai finishes his words; Naeun squeezes Kai’s hand.

“I am so lucky that you are my husband.”

“Well I’m the luckiest.”

He kisses her forehead and smiles at his wife. In a few minutes, Naeun will be in the labor room. Kai wanted to be with her despite his phobia of blood.

“Will you be fine honey?”

“You are more important than anything else. I’ll overcome it.”

“You know I won’t mind.”

“But I mind.”

He said before sighing. 

“Let’s do this.”

She said and Kai nods, holding her hand tight as he chanted prayers. 


+++


He smiles unconsciously as he look at the bundle of joy in his arm. Never once he thought he will be happy,  this happy when he holds a new born. 

“They are beautiful weren’t they?”

He heard his mother and he nods, eyes got teary all of a sudden. Glancing from each cot to the one in his arm.

“Thank you omma. You have been through a lot.”

Chorong chuckles, ruffling her son’s hair. She loves how Kai had change a lot now. He was a rebel but getting softer since Naeun came into the family. She is thankful as well. 

“Let her sleep now baby.”

She said softly and he nods a little, placing his daughter inside the baby cot. He stares at Naeun who is sleeping after he looks at his three daughters. He smiles. 

“Don’t worry. You still are my number one.”

He said and kisses her forehead, caressing her hair and holds her hand as he continues to stare. 

 

+++


“I don’t know who is who. “

Baekhyun complaints, sighing as he looks at the triplets. Kai laughs; patting Baekhyun’s hair. 

“You will know it in time.”

“It’s easy for the twin, they are different gender.” He added, grumbling. 

“I have a solution.” Sungjae said; coming with three boxes.

“I bought these for them.”

“With names?” Kai asked as he checked the necklaces.

“Eomonim said they can wear it.”

“Of course.” Naeun said, placing the necklaces on her daughters.

“Thank you Sungjae.”

“Most welcome noona. Namjoo picked them.”

“Pretty. It suit them too.” She said as she smiles.

“Now it’s easy right?” Jimin said to his son and he nods; grinning.

“Go and rest now Naeunnie. Don’t stand too long.”

“Kenchana unnie, feeding time.”

“We should go out now. Let Naeun rest.”

Bomi said and brings her twins out. The rest follow and left Naeun together with her triplets.

“I have to register them in a bit.”

“Go now. I’ll be fine. I’ll just call the nurse if I couldn’t handle it.”

“It’s okay.”

“Go now baby.”

“Okayy.”

He said and kisses Naeun.

“I’ll be quick.” She nodded and smiles after he left. She look at her babies that she just gave birth two days ago.

“I don’t have words to describe how happy I am now.” She caresses the first baby and took her out, sat on the sofa before she started feeding her.

“Thank God all of you behave.”

She cooed and her eyes glint as she look at the little one on her , desperately drinking milk with her small mouth.

“Cute.” She mouthed, caressing her cheek.


+++


Naeun was placing the third twin inside the cot when she heard people knocking. Frowning, she sat on the bed, make herself presentable for guests before she let the guest in.

“Naeun ssi.”

He said as he came in with a big flower basket, smiling. Naeun was a bit uncomfortable so he just place it near her before standing quite far, raising both hands.

“I declare that I’m a failure.” He said and chuckles. Naeun stares at him before a sigh escapes her lips.

“Of course that’s the best for us all.” Said Naeun, now a smile formed on her lips.

“So I’m sorry?”

Naeun nods. “Thank you for coming.”

Taemin shrugs, hands in pocket. “Can I look at them?”

“Oh sure. Please help yourself. I can’t move so suddenly.”

“It’s okay. I’ll just look and go.”

Said Taemin and she just watch as he look at her babies, his eyes crinkle.

“They are so small.”

“It’s normal for triplets the doctor said.”

“Ahh.”

Taemin took something from inside his pocket and left them on the desk beside Naeun’s table.

“I had been wanted to give you this. I’ll get going now. Rest well.”

She thanked him once again and took the thing he left. With a frown, she open then small box and sigh.

“So this is with you all these time?”

She took out the necklace and put it on. “How I miss you.”

She read a note which he left and smiles. “You drop it one day at school, it was with me since then. I think I should give it back now. I know I’m not the first love since then but choose to ignore.”

She closes the box and caresses the necklace; the one her first love gave long ago.

“Wonder where were you now.”

“I’m backkk.” Kai announced as he comes in and kisses his wife. “Oh you got a visitor.”

Naeun nods. “Taemin came.” Kai look at her and frown. “Did he?”

“No baby. He came to apologize.”

“Ahh. You okay?”

“Awesome. I’m a strong mom okay.”

“You sure are.”

Kai said and sat near Naeun. His face is all sunshine and rainbow.

“I’m happy baby. So happy.”

“I am too.” Naeun said, one hand on his husband’s cheek.

“Wait. The necklace.”

“Oh. It’s my favourite. I wore it since I was 9. I lost it and cried for days. It happens that Taemin ssi found the necklace and keep it until now.”

“You bought it?” kai asks, suddenly feel all kind of emotion.

“Aniyo. My first love gift it to me.” Naeun said and ended with a chuckle, teasing her husband but Kai suddenly holds her hand.

“Naeun ah. The first love, do you know him through letters?” Naeun nods.

“How do you?” Naeun gasps and closes with her hand.

“It’s you oppa?”

Kai smiles. “Wow the world is indeed small.”

“We are fated to be together right?” she added and he suddenly feels like crying.

“I love you, then and now. Until the day I die.”

“Please don’t say anything about dying now baby. You will make me cry.”

“Sorry. Don’t cry okay. Now what do you want to do? Want some drink?”

“Milk please.”

“I’ll make it right away.” Kai said and didn’t forget to kiss Naeun’s forehead before he busied himself with the task.

 

 

 

 


You guys can named the triplet yourselves; I’m ending it for real now.

Thank you for everything, thank you for staying.

It’s late but happy fasting to all Muslim readers and have fun celebrating Eid wherever you are!

Lots of love, Cherrykaieun.