Chapter 6

Marriage Contract

 

 

“Do eomonim eat those?”

Naeun asks while she cranes her neck to look over his shoulder and Kai simply walks away.

“It’s for your mother.”

Kai said shortly and proceed to the supplement section.

“My mother?”

He nods.

“She is kind to me and treats me like I’m her son.”

He smiles then and went to pay for his purchase. Naeun smiles and hugs his arm which he didn’t expected.

“Thank you Jongin.”

He answers her with a nod again and Naeun keep smiling.

“Ahh.”

She said stopping him as she stops; she still holds onto his arm.

“Wae?”

“I should buy something for my mother in law as well.”

“If you were to buy for omma, you have to buy for Namjoo and the list will go on. Next time I guess. We still have to catch our flight.”

Naeun pouts adorably.

“You should tell me beforehand that you are buying things for mom.”

“You are busy. I want to leave alone but since I saw you flusters like that, I just try to save you.”

“Wow really. You saved me. Even the little cuties asks me questions about giving them cousin dongsaengs for them to play with.”

Kai laughs.

“So did you answer them?”

“I said I will of course. They won’t understand if I just smile.”

“Chinca? So should we make one?”

“Yah. Don’t fool around.”

“Ara. Hop on.”

Kai opens the door for her and Naeun said thanks before she board the car.

“What do you like about Bali?”

“Neh?”

“Jongdae oppa told me that you chose Bali for our honeymoon trip.”

“Tchh. He must pick it himself. He got himself a twins after he went to Bali early last year and wished that I got myself a triplet.”

“Triplet?”

Naeun widens her eyes and imagine herself pregnant with triplets, even using her hand to complete it. She later shakes her head. Triplets is too much. She thought and nods.

“Did you just imagine it?”

Kai asks and Naeun nods instead of lying. She turns to look at him who was driving.

“Try imagine it. You saw your sister in law pregnant right?”

“Yes. Three times.”

“Imagine how big it will be if one was pregnant with twins.”

“Don’t make me imagine those things.”

He said, arching his brow.

“Wae?”

Kai sighs. She won’t understand what imagining can do to men so he should just keep quiet and drive.

Naeun did shaking her head as she remember about their conversation and soon she was texting someone.

Kai smiles at her adorable pout and drove to his in laws.

+++

“You came just after a day leaving.”

Naeun ignored Eunkwang and went to find her mother.

“Mom.”

“Naeunnie. Why are you here?”

She kissed Eunji’s cheek and pulls Jongin to her side.

“Jongin has something for you.”

“Aww really? How sweet.”

“This is not that much but I want to thank you for giving birth to Naeun. She is such a sweetheart.”

Naeun smiles as she heard his compliments. Eunji too was pleased that Kai likes her daughter.

“I’m glad to hear that. I was afraid at first. She just has a brother as she grows up. I’m worried that she might find it awkward to mingle with your big family.”

“It’s all thanks to you. She blended well. They like her as well.”

“That’s good.”

“I told you mom, I can do it. I had a big family too. Sunggyu samchun, Heechul samchun and Yonghwa samchun family are around us. I used to have a large family.”

“But still.”

“Don’t worry omma.”

“Aratta.”

Eunji said, patting her head.

“Eunkwang ah, since Jongin is here, bring the soup that I brewed for your dad.”

“Really mom?”

“Deh. He will love it.”

“But mom, we are leaving.”

Naeun said, backing off. Kai stops her and smiles at Eunji.

“Kenchana. I’ll just drink a cup.”

“Gurae. Drink a cup.”

Naeun wrinkles her forehead as Kai smiled, taking the cup from Eunji.

“Now, you will feel energized. Please grant me a grandchildren soon.”

“Deh?”

“That’s why I said don’t.”

Naeun said, rolling her eyes.

“We’ll get going mom. The flight is in 4 hours time.”

“Arasseo. Go safely. Jongin ah. Fighting!”

Kai chuckles at that and heard Naeun nags at her brother before she joins him to the car.

“Would I stay up all night?”

“You might but I guess you’ll sleep like a log.”

“Yah.”

“What? It’s true that you are a heavy sleeper.”

“I am.”

He answers and focus on the road. Naeun is right.

+++

“Go safely dear.”

Chorong hugs Naeun and then Kai. She pats her son’s cheek.

“Take good care of Naeun okay. Don’t simply go there for sightseeing.”

“I booked the resort.”

Jongdae interrupt and Kai hissed. He laughs and pats Kai’s back before he lift his son that was trying to bite on Kai’s socks. Naeun saw that and she knows Kai wasn’t exaggerating. She giggles.

“Do you find my son cute Naeun? So you have to give birth to a triplet at least.”

Naeun laughs awkwardly while Kai smirks at her as if saying I told you.

“Don’t Jongdae ah. Minseokkie, is the car ready?”

“Deh omma.”

“We’ll leave now omma.”

Kai said and Naeun said the same. They went by Minseok car and when they arrived in the Resort few hours later, as what Naeun said, Kai drop on the bed and snores.

“Sleepyhead.”

She said, taking off her so called husband’s shoes.

She then went to the balcony, inhales the scent of Bali’s air.

“You are dead if you keep sleeping instead of going out tomorrow.”

+++


Morning came and there is no hint that Kai will wakes up soon. Naeun had shower and was getting ready for breakfast. She peered to him and he was still snuggling into the blanket. She sighs.

“Jongin, wake up.”

“Few more minutes please.”

“Why are you so beat out? You’ve been sleeping from when we arrived.”

He raise a finger, signalling for her to let him sleep but Naeun aren’t giving in and to make it worse, she was hungry.

“If you don’t raise now, I’ll.”

Kai cuts her by pulling her towards him and kisses her. After about 30 seconds, he smiles and walks out of the bed.

“Yah! I just did my make up!”

Kai smiles when he was in the bathroom. She loves it when Naeun starts to get wild and he just pretends to be sleeping. The truth is, he is awake since when Naeun taking a shower.

He saw her went out and checks to see of he is still sleeping before she tip toe with only a towel wraps around her body.

He will be lying if he wasn’t tempted by her after shower figure. She looks hot since the towel are too short.

He looks down to his proud member and turns on the cold shower.

“Why did I get married again?”

+++

“It’s kinda hot.”

Naeun commented and Kai nods, agreeing.

“The weather is good for tanning.”

“Do you like it when your skin looks tan?”

She asks as she slurps the coconut drink. Kai simply nods and then he smirks.

“I look hot.”

“Look at you saying gold things with your own mouth.”

“I’m telling you the truth.”

“Gurae.”

She said giving up arguing.

“Should I have some tan too?”

Naeun asks sincerely asking his opinion. Kai squints his eyes.

“But you look good with white skin.”

“Thank you.”

She smiles, setting back on the chair.

“I tried tanning before. I went with Wonshik oppa. He looks goof after it but I stay white.”

“You went with a guy? What is his name again?”

“Wonshik oppa. He is Uncle Heechul’s son. Same age as my oppa.”

She answers and leans forward to fetch a hand fan.

“Why do you want to go out to the beach when you can just sit and look at the sea from our room?”

“I can’t swim.”

“At all?”

Naeun nods.

“Don’t you feel like swimming?”

“I do of course but I am scared.”

“I can teach you how. If you want.”

“Really Jongin?”

Her eyes sparkles like the girls in manhwa and Kai had to chuckles before he nods.

“I’ll just rent some board.”

He said, leaving her and skips to the counter. He brings two boards with him and gestures Naeun to follow him.

“It will be fine right Jongin?”

“Of course. I got you alright.”

She reluctantly nods and holds his hand. They went deeper and Jongin stops.

“This level is just right for beginners. Just loe down on my hands.”

“Deh?”

“Do it, I can hold you if it’s this way.”

“Okay.”

She responds shortly and face the sea as she lay down on his hands.

“Now kick your legs.”

“Kick?”

“Yeh. Just kick the water.”

She did what she was told to and Kai thought it was okay to let her do on her own.

He removes one hands from her beneath and when he was about to removes another, Naeun panic and she screams as she curl her arm around his neck to hang on.

Kai pats her back when she suddenly cried and carries her to their room. He thank God its near.

Naeun was shivering and Kai was feeling guilty. He removes the strand of hair off her face and cups her cheek.

“I’m sorry Naeun. Are you okay?”

She nods and looks at him.

“But I’m cold. Can you get me warm water?”

He find the container and pours some for her. Naeun drank and pulls Kai to her, she hugs him.

“Just stay here with me until my trauma goes.”

Instead of questioning her, Kai obliged. It’s his fault too to start with. He kissed her hair and closes his eyes and the hugs tightens.

+++

Its past 3 pm when Kai stirs from his sleep. There is a slight numbness on his left arm and when he looks down, he saw Naeun’s face, sleeping in angelic pose.

He never look at her this close. During the kisses, he wasn’t staring like now. He was always in daze.

“Yeoppo.”

He whispers and was close to curse when Naeun open her eyes.