Chapter 1

Marriage Contract

“Kim Jongin?”


Kai looks at the thin, curvy, and fair skin lady that was dressed in a simple spring dress who gave him a smile. He nods; still holding a serious look and she sat down.


“I was told the meeting is at 6.00 and I expected that I am the one who will wait.”


She glances at her watch before she throws the same smile to him.


“You are earlier than I am.”


“I hate making people wait for me.”


“So do I. But I accidentally made you. I apologized.”


“It’s fine. You know what the purpose of this meeting is right?”


“We are going to marry each other. That is what I’ve been told.”


Kai crooked his mouth.


“You seem fine.”


“I know I will have to marry someone. And I’m ready mentally.”


She was cheerful and he hates that he was the only one who seems like forced into the marriage. He blew a raspberry and gulps a mouthful of plain water.


“You seem like a good guy.”


She said again and he hoped she’ll stop talking because she did annoy him a bit here and there and he did not even know why he is annoyed.


“You like me, don’t you?”


She was taken aback and but she just simply smile it off, crossing her legs, now leaning onto the back of the seat.


“You don’t like me, don’t you?”


“I don’t want to get married.”


She chuckles, moving her hair to the back of her shoulder.


“I can see that since the first step I make here. You look depressed; Jongin ssi.”


“I’m more depressed when you seem liking the idea.”


“I don’t but I don’t think it’s a bad thing. My parents won’t get me married off to a jerk or a good for nothing guy. So, I don’t have any problem with that.”


“You seem positive.”


He commented and she nods.


“While you are showing a negative side of you from the first time we met.”


“Huh?”


“Let’s just drop the idea if you don’t want to get married. I’ll talk to my parents.”


“what are you going to say?”


“That my first blind date dump me. I wasn’t attractive enough for you.”

She then looks over to her phone and nods after few seconds.


“I’ll just meet Lee Taemin. He is next in the line that my parents made.”


“Huh?”


“Don’t tell me you are surprised?”


“I am.”


“Come on Jongin ssi. We are both in the age to get married. Going on a blind date is common. If you are not compatible with me or you find me less compatible with you, we look for another one to complete the look.”


He scratched his head and blinks his eyes. Naeun seems positive, too positive that she took this as a less serious matter.


“Naeun ssi.”


“Yes.”


She answers immediately, putting her phone in her handbag, preparing to leave.


“Lee Taemin not a good guy.”


“Because he is your rival in business.”


She said, with that enchanting smile that Kai began to get scared of.


“But.”


“You have something to say, spit it out.”


“Am I?”


Now he started to think that she might be a psychic.


“You are.”


“Fine. Let’s deal it with the marriage thing but I want to write a contract.”


“Contract?”


He nods, kinda scratching his head when she stares at him. Now without a smile.


“It’s a good idea. When we don’t like each other, we can just split our path away.”


He nods, now he really wants to marry this Naeun ‘thing’.


“But won’t they be suspicious? Do we need to write a contract? Will it be like the one in Full House?”:


“Eh?”


He tilts her head and Naeun chuckles.


“It’s a drama. Kinda exciting to watch. But let’s leave that. How long should the contract be?”


“A year?”


He suggest and she quickly widens her eyes.


“We are divorcing on our first anniversary? No way.”


“So, 2?”


“Make it 3.”


She said, nodding to her idea and he gave her a look.


“I’m being considerate here. And three years is not exactly three years. We should minus or plus few months on that. To avoid suspicious. My oppa is good in sensing this like this.”


“Really?”


She nods, now bringing her hair to the right side before she took her phone and write something in it.


“This will be the contract. It will stay with me.”


“The… contract?”


He asks dumbly and Naeun laughs.


“We are getting into a contract without a written one?”


He then took her phone and read it.


“We can hug, kiss, or even sleep together but no .”


He nods; keep nodding as he read.


“You write it precisely.”


“I always write contracts so I’m fast.”


“You work?”


“Not after I got married. I’ll be a dedicated housewife to you.”


“Deh?”


“You keep asking stupid questions Jongin ssi.”


“I did.”


He agreed and has a sips of his drinks when he feels his throat went dry. Talking with Naeun is not easy. She has a strong character that he felt small.


“We should eat something now right?”


She asks and he nods. Naeun turns and give a smile to the waiter who was giving her a look since before and he quickly came to write their order.


When they finished their dinner, Naeun and Kai went out together, she walks a bit ahead of him and he gave a piercing stare to the waiter who still looking at Naeun and turns his heel to his way.


“Stop staring, she will be my wife.”


And Kai doesn’t even know why he said those to a stranger, about another stranger that he just met.


“I must have gotten crazy.”


He hissed as he walks to Naeun who was raising her eyebrow.


“You dropped something? You are late.”


“I guess.”


He said shortly and Naeun nods, walking out to her chauffer.


“So, we had a deal Jongin ssi.”


“We did.”


He said and Naeun leans to his cheek, kissing it slightly. She smiles and get into her car while Kai, dazedly look at her.


“I don’t suppose to like her.”


He murmurs and weirdly his hand went to caresses the cheek that had been kissed earlier, his heart seems liking it.


+++


“How’s it going?”


Naeun hugs Dongwoon and kisses her father’s cheek.


“He is good.”


Dongwoon looks at his wife and Eunji went to sit beside Naeun.


“Jongin suit your taste in man?”


Naeun nods again, smiling adorably at her mother.


“You made a good choice. He is manly and handsome too.”


She said, grinning at her parents.


“So, I can give my friend a call?”


“Sure dad.”


Dongwoon pats Naeun’s hair and Eunji smiles her eye smile at her daughter.


“We are not forcing you right baby?”


“Not at all mom. And I like him.”


+++


“Appa wants you in his room.”


Kai rolls his eyes at Namjoo who was busy with her manicure and trots to his father’s study.


“You wants me appa?”


“Oh yes son. How is it going?”


“Great.”


“How’s Naeun?”


It’s his mother who asks and Kai nods.


“She I likeable?”


He said, sitting on the chair and study his parents who still are lovely and romantically holding hands despite having few grandchildren.


“I told you Kai. I like her when I see her for the first time. I knew you would like her.”


Chorong said excitedly whereas Suho just smile proudly.


“I’m glad you like her. So both families can meet to discuss about the marriage?”


“Sure appa, omma.”


And then Kai make his move to his room, smiling at his sudden gentleness.


“Is she really likeable?”