We Are In Love

We Are In Love

Chapter 9 

 

When Yunho arrived at the restaurant that Yoona had told him to meet her at, he had to say at the very least he felt underdressed. As he sat at the table waiting for her, all he saw were fancy suits and dresses and felt out of place with his coral color INC international concepts long sleeve cason linen shirt and black levi regular-fit jeans but it wasn't like he had really looked into the place where Yoona said she had a reservation at. The place really didn't feel like a place where two friends would catch up. It felt more like a place you would go to as a... 

 

"Hey Yunho Oppa. I'm sorry I'm a little late. There was traffic." Yoona said apologetically, as she sat down in the seat across from Yunho. 

 

"Hey Yoona. It's no problem. I haven't been waiting that long." He said, as she noticed her white alfani crochet lace shift dress. It seemed like she had known what type of place they were coming to unlike him, "I have to say, I didn't expect this place to be this fancy." 

 

"Ah well, I have been here before and the food was amazing. Plus, a friend of mine, her parents own the place so I was able to get reservations easily instead of getting one three years from now." Yoona answered, as she picked up the menu. 

 

Following in suit, Yunho picked up the menu but didn't bother to read it. The fancy atmosphere of the restaurant was giving off to much of a romance vibe, candles and roses and all that crapped was everywhere. If he didn't know Yoona better, he would have thought this was some kind of date but maybe he didn't know her as well as he used to. Geez, he really thought she had gotten over that. 

 

"What can I get you to drink?" Came a voice, pulling Yunho from his thoughts. 

 

"Uh." Yunho said, as he began to hurriedly looked over the beverage options. 

 

"I will take the white wine choice of tonight." Yoona said. 

 

"And for the man?" 

 

"Uh, beer?" Yunho asked. 

 

"Which one? Our latest addition of ale is highly rated but our stouts are considered top notch." The waiter said, "Uh, on second thought, I will just get water." Yunho said. 

 

"You are not going to drink tonight?" Yoona asked. 

 

"I can decide between brands, not fancy." Yunho replied. 

 

"You haven't changed since high school, have you?" Yoona asked. 

 

"Hey, I'm not as stupid as I was back then." Yunho said defensively. 

 

"Sure. Remember when you and...what was his name? Daniel? Tried to jumped off the roof of the school and landed in the kiddie pool? If I hadn't been there, you probably would have done long lasting damage to your brain." 

 

"Ok. Daniel used to get me into a lot of trouble but at the time, it sounded like it would have been so cool." 

 

"Yeah, you are lucky I was there in high school to babysit you. Thank god, Tiffany has that job now. I don't think I could have done it again, after a five year break." 

 

"Tiffany doesn't babysit me. I can take care of myself." Yunho said, as the waiter came and gave them their drinks, "Are you ready to ordered?" The waiter asked. 

 

"I will take the grilled lobster beurre blanc and salad please." Yoona said. 

 

"And for the gentleman?" He asked, turning towards Yunho. 

 

Cursing himself for not looking at the menu, he went through the menu and quickly, choosing whichever came first, "Spicy red curry please." 

 

"We will get your meal out to you as fast as we can." 

 

"Thank you." Yoona said, before turning back to Yunho, "I guess you are right. She just makes sure you don't end up killing all your students." 

 

"Hey, that's harsh; my kids are perfectly safe in my class." 

 

"How many kids went to the nurse yesterday?" 

 

"Not that many." Yunho said, as he stared at his drink. 

 

"I rest my cases." Yoona said, as she took a sip of her wine. 

 

"You are terrible, you know that, right?" 

 

Laughing, Yoona replied, "Yes I know, you don't need to remind me like you used to. It's kinda like old times hanging out here tonight." 

 

That comment made Yunho freeze. Old times for them weren't exactly buddy-buddy. So if she was imply what she could possibly be implying then... 

 

"Yoona?" Yunho asked. 

 

"Hmmm? Yeah, what is it?" 

 

"Did you asked me here as a date?" 

 

"Wha...What would give you that idea?!" Yoona squealed. 

 

"You said this reminded you of old times." 

 

"Oppa, geez, really? That's why you think this is a date? Listen..." Yoona began, before Yunho interrupted her, "Yoona, I know we dated when we were in high school but when we broke up, I broke up with you with the intention of never getting back together. I mean, I liked you and all and I still do but not like that and even if you still like me now and wanted to get together, I would have to say no because I love somebody else and..." 

 

"Woah, woah, woah, slow down." Yoona said, waving her hand, "You sound like a fool right now, geez. Oppa, what the heck would make you even think I would want to get back together with you; it's been years since then. Trust me, I have gotten over you. Yeah, I was heartbroken when we broke up but it was all for a good reason. I got over you a long time ago and trust me, I know you are in love with someone. Everyone and their mom knows you are in love with Tiffany." Yoona said. Yunho could feel his face heating up at her last comment, "Except for Tiffany herself." Yoona added teasingly. 

 

"So, the only reason you asked me here tonight was to catch up?" 

 

"Yes and no." Yoona answered. 

 

"Yes and no? So what's the other reason you asked me to dinner?" 

 

"Well, you see. I haven't gone on a date in years and I kinda wanted to asked this guy out and..." 

 

"I can't believe this. I'm your practice date?" Yunho guffawed, "I'm so honored." 

 

"Oh, shut up. Think of this as a practice date in cases you ever grow the balls to asked Tiffany out." 

 

"That's harsh." Yunho said, acting wounded, "I can asked her out whenever I want." 

 

"Then why haven't you?" Yoona asked slyly. 

 

"Uh, well, you see." Yunho stuttered. 

 

Laughing, Yoona said, "Don't answered that, I already know. I just enjoyed seeing you squirm." 

 

"So mean. Anyway, do I know this guy you want to asked out?" Yunho asked. 

 

"Wha...no." Yoona said, as she tugged on the ends of her hair. 

 

"Does he worked at SM?" 

 

"No." Yoona said, continuing to tugged on her hair, "And you would know him if you did, you dummy." 

 

"So, I know him and he works at SM. Who could he be?" 

 

"I told you the opposite of that." 

 

"You were lying." Yunho said. 

 

"How would you know that?" 

 

"When you lied, you tugged on your hair." Yunho replied, with a grinned. 

 

Puffing out her cheeks, Yoona said, "It's Yoochun." 

 

"The psychology teacher? For real? I didn't know you went for those kind of guys Yoona." 

 

"I dated you, didn't I?" 

 

"Haha, you are so funny." 

 

"I know." Yoona said, as their food arrived, "Now, digged in. Remember, everything you eat you pay for, this isn't a date."