We Are In Love

We Are In Love

Chapter 46 

 

It had rained a surprising amount that August which had left Tiffany and Yunho cramped up inside their apartment. This amount of time stuck in their apartment led both of them, though it was mainly Tiffany, to two conclusions. One, their ceiling had a leaked in it and two, Tiffany really couldn't stand the color of the walls. 

 

So, for the majority of the month, they were stuck inside, trying to find different ways to entertained themselves while making sure they occasionally checked the bucket under the leaked to make sure it hadn't gotten too full. Along with Tiffany's occasionally comment about how much she hated the 'spinach green' walls in their apartment and the minute there was a day when it wasn't a monsoon outside, they would go to the hardware store and looked for some paint made the days feel even longer. 

 

The two were currently playing uno, one of the numerous card games they had bought and learned to play during their locked up and were listening to the steady plink of water dropping into the bucket. 

 

"One of us really has to tell the landlord that we have a leaked." Tiffany said absentmindedly, as laid down a red card. 

 

"Well, the rain should be over soon." Yunho muttered, as he laid another red one down overtop of hers. The precarious stack was slowly getting higher while the draw stack had slowly withered away to only a handful of cards. 

 

"Yeah." Tiffany said, as she laid down her next card, shuffling her three cards, she continued, "But what happens when it rains again? One of us has to go deal with her." 

 

"Well, she likes you better." Yunho said, as he threw down another card before smirking. 

 

"That doesn't mean I want to talked to her." Tiffany said, as laid down her card, glancing over to Yunho's deck in his hands, "Why can't you do it? I had to talked to her last time when the plumbing wasn't working." 

 

"Uno." Yunho said, as he threw down another card, leaving him with only one, victory was in sight, "But she hates me to the point that if I told her that the ceiling was leaking, she had probably tell me that it wasn't her problem but if it's you, she will at least promised to called someone about it." 

 

"I don't know." Tiffany said, as she looked at her cards before picking one, "But it's not like I can take anymore of listening to that constant dripping. Uno." Placing her card down, she smiled when she heard Yunho's intake of breathe. 

 

"You are a monster." Yunho said, as he stare down at the plus 4 card. 

 

"I know I am." Tiffany said, with a smile, "And I think that I want the color to be green." 

 

"Can we just say that you won or something and skipped this part?" Yunho asked, as he looked down at the five cards in his hands. 

 

"No." Tiffany said, "Place down your next card." 

 

"Fine." Yunho said, as he slapped a random card down onto the stack and watched as Tiffany triumphantly laid down her last card. 

 

"I win." Tiffany said, with a wide smile, "And I think that the loser has to go tell our landlady that our ceiling has a leaked in it." 

 

"Ugh, fine." Yunho said, throwing down his cards, "You win; I will go talked to her tomorrow or something. We both know she's never here on the weekends." 

 

"Great." Tiffany said, as she stretched her arms above her head, "We have got one thing out of the way." Bringing her arms back down to her lap, Tiffany said, "We need to get out of here." 

 

"What?" Yunho asked, looking up at her from the cards he had been arranging. 

 

Flopping back against the couch, Tiffany exclaimed, "I can't take it anymore! Sitting inside and doing nothing! I'm going crazy! I mean...heck, you didn't flipped the table or something when I won that last game so you are apparently submitting to cabin fever, too!" 

 

"But we are not in a cabin Tiffany, and I'm pretty sure I'm not sick." Yunho said, as he stare at her, confused. 

 

"It's a metaphor that pretty much means we are going crazy from staying indoors so much." 

 

"So, what do you want to do about this?" Yunho asked, as he shoved the uno cards into their box since it was looking like they weren't going to be playing them anymore. 

 

"We are going out." Tiffany said, springing up from the couch. 

 

"Where exactly?" Yunho asked, cocking his head slightly. 

 

"To the hardware store. I can't stand looking at this color any longer. I'm thinking something softer or brighter. Something happy." Tiffany said, as cupped her chin in thought. 

 

"Are you sure you want to get started with that kind of project?" Yunho asked, as he stood up, scratching his stomach as he watched her stare at the wall, "I mean, the new school year is starting in what...like three days? Do you really want to spend the rest of our break painting the apartment?" 

 

"Well, we have already spent most of it lounging around this month so I don't see the harmed in being a little bit productive before we go back." Tiffany said, with a nod. 

 

"Fine, I guess it's not like I had anything planned." Yunho said, with a sighed, "I will get the keys." 

 

Tiffany had been excited when they had first started off. Yunho was going along with her planned with little complained and she was finally going to get rid of that hideous color that she had despised since she had moved in and it had been going smoothly until they were only a few minutes away from the hardware store when one of Tiffany's least favorite songs came on the radio. She absolutely loathed this song and Yunho knew this so he had taken it upon himself to learned the entire song down to a tee. 

 

"Don't you dare." Tiffany said, whipping her head towards him when the first notes came on. All Yunho did was wiggle his eyebrows at her before letting loose. 

 

"My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and they're like, it's better than yours." 

 

"Yunho oppa, no! Please don't!" Tiffany yelled. 

 

"Damn right, it's better than yours." 

 

"Oppa!" 

 

"I can teach you but I have to charge." 

 

"Oppa! Oh my god!" Tiffany shrieked, as she reached over and twisted the volume down. 

 

Yunho stopped and looked over at her before saying, "I hope you know that won't stopped me." 

 

"Please don't do this?" Tiffany pleaded, "We are only like five minutes away from the store." 

 

"No." Yunho said, before cranking up the volume even louder this time before continuing from where he left off, "Ugh." Tiffany said, before dropping her head into her hands, "Please just killed me now or even better, just make me deaf." But she was thankfully save once Yunho pulled into the hardware store and turned the volume back down and stopped singing. 

 

"I have never been happier to be at a hardware store." Tiffany said, as Yunho parked the car. 

 

"Aw, what do you mean by that?" Yunho asked. 

 

"I mean that I'm thankful I don't have to listened to your nerve wrecking singing anymore." Tiffany said, as she got out of the car. 

 

"You are so mean." Yunho said, as he followed her. Once they entered the store, Tiffany dragged Yunho around until they found the paint section. Standing in front of the large selection of paint swatches, Tiffany examined them for a while before she said, "I'm thinking pink or blue. What do you think?" Turning towards Yunho, she waited for her answered but all he did was shrugged his shoulders, "You are not being very helpful." She said, with a huffed as she picked up a pink paint swatch. 

 

"Well, I never really care about what color the wall was. Heck, I probably didn't start acknowledging it until you said something." Yunho said, "So I don't care what color you go with." 

 

"Oh, come on, we are supposed to picked this stuff out together. It's like when one couple buys their first house or whatever they argued over what they think should be in the house or apartment or wherever they heck they are going to live in." Tiffany said, as she picked up a blue swatch to compare to the pink ones. 

 

"Fine." Yunho said, picking up one at random, "How does Hay Stack sound? Or how about Plaster Pink 2?" Yunho asked, as he held up a selection of pink swatches at her. 

 

"Oppa, really?" Tiffany asked, with a raised eyebrow. 

 

"Oh no, wait. Maybe Old rose 3? Pale Brick 2? Watermelon Pink? Apple Blossom?" Yunho said, as he continued to hold swatches of pink up at her. 

 

"So is this your way of saying you want pink?" Tiffany asked, with a raised eyebrow as she watched him. 

 

"Tiffany, did you know it gives me pure joy to helped you with this?" Yunho said, as he held up a swatch. 

 

"Is that the name of the color, Pure Joy?" Tiffany asked. 

 

"How did you guess?" Yunho asked, with feigned surprised. 

 

"I swear, maybe I should have just left you at home to deal with that landlady." Tiffany muttered, as she turned her attention to the pink section since that seemed to be where Yunho was drawing all his colors from. 

 

"What? That would have just been cruel." Yunho said, while shaking his head before instantly perking up, "Besides, I need to helped you picked out a color to replaced the color you have so actively hated since the beginning of the month." 

 

"I have always hated it." Tiffany said absentmindedly, as she looked over at all the different shades of pink that looked the same to her but her vision was soon replaced with blue. 

 

"Looked at all these shades of blue." Yunho said, as he waved the color swatches in Tiffany's face. 

 

"Oppa, please." She said, as she shoved them out of her face before looking over at him. 

 

"There's Clear Water." He said, pointing to one, "Or Riverside Blue." He pointed to another one, "Cool Sky." Another one pointed at, "And my personal favorite, White Sapphire." 

 

"Oppa, I swear, do you want blue or pink?" Tiffany asked, as she rubbed her forehead. 

 

Yunho froze and stood there for a few minutes debating while Tiffany began to compared the different colors before he answered, "I like red." 

 

Tiffany's hopefulness of finally finding a color they could agreed on was instantly dashed. Throwing the swatches down she had in her hand, she stomped her feet before yelling, "Oppa, that was not the question! It was, do you want pink or blue!" 

 

"And I answered, I preferred red." Yunho said, with a shrugged. 

 

Grinding her teeth together as she hissed at him, "Blue or pink?! Answered the question!" 

 

"Fine, ok, sorry." Yunho said, waving his hands in front of him, "I guess blue?" 

 

"Great." Tiffany said, with all the fake happiness she could mustered before bending down to picked up all the swatches she had thrown down. 

 

"So, do you want any input or anything?" Yunho asked, as he watched her. 

 

"You can carry all the paint we need when a color is finally picked out." Tiffany said cheerfully, as she put back all the pink swatches and began to shuffle through the blue ones. Yunho decided that it was probably for the best to not try and make anymore jokes because apparently, Tiffany was real serious about picking out the color of paint she wanted here and now. 

 

"Was there any color you particularly like?" Tiffany asked, as she compare the two in her hands. 

 

"Uh, I think I told you that I like White Sapphire or something." Yunho said, as he watched. 

 

"No, too plain." Tiffany said, as she began shuffling through the colors again. 

 

"What?" Yunho asked, as he watched her, "I thought you wanted my input and this was going to be a togetherness thing." 

 

"Well, I mean since you did say you didn't really care about the color, I'm going to shoot down any color I think is too much. That's not a problem, is it?" 

 

"No, I have no problem with it at all." Yunho said, before falling silent and watching Tiffany as she compared the colors. They ended up picking Frost Wind. Yunho decided that he really hated hardware stores and then later decided that he was really going to hate painting their apartment all by himself when Tiffany had to bail on him when she got a called from Yuri who told her that she needed to get her bachelorette party out of the way before school began. So, Yunho was left alone in a leaky apartment, having to paint over the spinach green walls by himself.