We Are In Love

We Are In Love

Chapter 43 

 

The car ride was what Yunho had thought would be the worst part of this weekend tripped but when Tiffany and he arrived at her father's vacant mansion did he realized the task of cleaning it out was going to be much harder than he had previously thought. Tiffany pulled the keys out from her black michael kors large saffiano hamilton east west satchel purse and inserted it into the locked while Yunho stared up, dumbstruck, at just how big the place was up closes. Sighing, Tiffany hesitated for a second. She had never really expected to come back to this house when she had left. It hadn't been her home for years but yet, here she was again, but not like she had much of a choice. 

 

Pushing aside her thoughts, she turned the key and the locked clicked opened. Pushing the door opened, she stared into the dimmed room that still looked as spotless as it had when she left. Was someone cleaning this place? Taking a hesitant stepped in, she could fell Yunho's eyes on her. He must have gotten over just how large the house was and was now worrying about her. Her eyes moved around the room, seeing that everything was exactly how she remembered it. The two staircases spiraling up to the second floor, the single family portrait that her father had kept and a table that had once held her father's briefcase and other random items. 

 

She felt the weight of Yunho's arm drape around her shoulders and his voice filling the room, "Well Tiffany, it looks like we got a whole heck of a lot of rooms to cleaned out and...Well, since you know this place, I figured you could tell me where we are going to start but tell me if you don't think you can do something, your father's death wasn't even a year ago and I know how you felt about this place so I understand if you need me to do something for you." 

 

"It's fine Yunho Oppa." Tiffany said, with a sighed, "I can do this; it's just that this place brings back a lot of memories." 

 

"Alright, just tell me if you need helped with anything." Yunho said, moving his arm off of her shoulders and placing his hand on her shoulder for a few seconds, giving it a reassuring squeeze. 

 

"I need your helped with boxing everything up that's in this house." Tiffany said, turning around and looking for the light switched. 

 

"I figured." Yunho said, with a chuckled as Tiffany flipped the lights on, "So, where do we begin?" 

 

"I guess downstairs. If I remember correctly, there are around thirteen rooms on the first floor and eighteen on the second." Tiffany said, as she tried to remember the layout of the house. Yunho's jaw practically hit the floor hearing Tiffany tell him about the house. 

 

"Wha...How...Why is there so many rooms?" Yunho questioned, his head tilted and eyes wide opened, "No one needs that many rooms surely." 

 

"Of course, my father never needed that many rooms but you were the one who seemed awestruck by just how big the house was. You should have figured that it would have been huge on the inside as well. I'm pretty sure half of the rooms upstairs don't even have anything in them. Most of them was just where my dad's workers lived and the rest were either his room or mine with the occasional study I guess." Tiffany said, as she counted off one of her fingers the amount of rooms she figured would actually have furniture upstairs, "So, there is probably only about five rooms we need to do upstairs but I know for a fact, all thirteen rooms downstairs have stuff in them." 

 

"I can already feel the enjoyment I'm going to have this weekend." Yunho said, swinging his arms sarcastically as he followed Tiffany into the kitchen where what looked about hundreds of boxes sat in the floor. 

 

"Oh, be quiet." Tiffany said, playfully slapping him on the chest, "It could be worst, at least, they were nice enough to get us boxes. Think of it as a time to bond." 

 

"So, what are you turning this into? One of those awkward couple trips where they do like team building activities and stuff together?" Yunho asked, his eyebrow raised and a sly twinkle in his eye. 

 

"Shut up." Tiffany said, before tossing a box at his face, "You get to do the kitchen by yourself then. Just looked through the cabinets for anything that someone left behind. Once you are done with that, you can come helped me in the dining room." 

 

"You got it, boss." Yunho said, giving her a salute as she rolled her eyes at him. The two went their separate ways before Yunho began the tedious tasks of looking through every cabinet in the kitchen. By the end of it, he had filled about eight boxes full of assorted kitchen supplies and was beginning to feel the itching feeling of boredom scratching at his brain, "You are doing this for Tiffany so just it up." Yunho muttered, as he walked towards the room Tiffany had told him she would be in, grabbing a few boxes on his way. 

 

Popping his head into the room next to the kitchen, he saw Tiffany carefully placing plates into a box, "Yo Tiffany, you need some helped?" 

 

"Do you even need to asked that?" Tiffany asked, her brow raised and light pink lips pursed. 

 

"Yeah, I guess I don't. So, what do you need me to do?" Yunho asked, placing the boxes on the floor closes to her and crossed his arms across the top of the one of the chairs. 

 

"Well, you could take the chairs and the table into the entrance way. If you can, you should take them outside though. I called in a moving truck and one of my friends is going to drive it up here for us." Tiffany said, as she placed the last plate into the box before closing it up. Ripping off a piece of tape from the rolled, she placed it across the top to secured the flaps. 

 

"So, we are getting some extra helped?" Yunho asked, taking his arms off of the chair. 

 

"Not really. He said that he wouldn't be here until he got off worked which means he won't be here until around five but he said he had helped load the furniture into the back of the truck so I guess you will be getting some helped." Tiffany said, as she placed the loaded box next to the others. Looking over the room, she added, "I don't think there should be anything left in here to packed up so I guess I will helped you with the table and chairs." "Alright, why don't we take the table out first? You take one side and I will take the other." Yunho suggested, as he gestured towards the table. 

 

"I don't see why not." Tiffany said, as she walked towards the table. Placing her hands on the table, she remembered the few dinners her parents and her had had at this table together. They had practically become non-existent after her mother's death. 

 

"Ok then." Yunho said, placing his hands under the table before looking up at Tiffany, "You ready?" 

 

"Yeah." She replied, placing her hands around the legs of the table. 

 

"Ok, one." Yunho said, tightening his gripped, "Two." Tiffany tensed, getting ready to picked it up, "Three." The two were able to successfully lift it up and headed out towards the door. Yunho, who was the one that had to walked backwards, walked into the wall about three times and every single doorway he had to go through to get outside. Placing it down in the grass once they had been able to get outside and down the steps, Tiffany let out a sighed before saying, "Time for the chairs." 

 

"You sure it will be fine for it to stayed outside?" Yunho asked, looking up at the cloudy and overcast skies. 

 

"Yeah, it's not supposed to rain and if someone really wants to steal it then let them. I have no real uses for most of the stuff that's in the house. I will probably try to sell it or something." Tiffany said, as she headed up the steps with Yunho on her heels. Yunho didn't really pushed her into saying anything. He knew her past had always been a bit of a touchy subject and besides, he had things in his past he really didn't want to talked about. 

 

The two brought the chairs out into the yard in semi-silence with Yunho cracking jokes every once in a while and Tiffany telling him how ridiculous he was. The rest of the day was similar. They went through the numerous sitting rooms and other rooms that looked like they had never even been lived in, just used for decoration. Tiffany had told him a few stories from when she was younger but they all seemed to involved her mother but it's not like her father had ever won a father of the year award. 

 

"So." Yunho said, as he dragged another dusty and stiff chair outside, "I take it you didn't spend a lot of time downstairs when you lived here, huh?" 

 

"What do you mean by that?" Tiffany asked, as she placed a table down. 

 

"Well, pretty much, every room downstairs that we have cleaned looked like no one ever really used it." Yunho said, "I mean, I'm pretty sure this chair has like a thirteen year layer of dust on it." 

 

"Well, you are probably right; most of these rooms I only know about are because I would hide from all the parties my dad would throw for his business partners. I mainly stayed in two rooms in the house. Mine and the library." Tiffany said, as she checked her phone, "It's almost five and we have pretty much cleaned out all the rooms downstairs except for the bathrooms but there wasn't much in them anyway." 

 

"So, your friend is going to be showing up soon?" Yunho asked, as shielded his eyes from the setting sun and looked to see if he could see a truck in the distance. 

 

"Yeah, well, at least he should be but who knows." Tiffany said, as she shrugged, "He could be late or he could be on time but you will be happy to know that after this, we won't have any other rooms to cleaned out tonight." "Really?" Yunho asked, hopefully that the rest of the night would be like a normal night at home with them eating dinner and just lazing around on the couch, though they had gotten rid of all of those downstairs. 

 

"Yeah. All we have to do before we can eat is stack all the boxes in the front room." Tiffany said, as ran her fingers through her hair and checked her phone again. 

 

"I thought you meant we had be done." Yunho whined, before letting out a huffed and turned to looked for this truck her friend was supposed to be bringing. 

 

"I said we are done with clearing out all the furniture." Tiffany said, shaking her head, "We still need to moved all the boxes in the front and after that, we can ordered some take out and do whatever we pleases which I hope will be sleep." 

 

"Hey, speaking of sleep, I know this might sound ridiculous but..." Yunho began before he was cut off by Tiffany pointing behind him. 

 

"He's here! Finally, I thought I was going to have to called him!" Tiffany exclaimed, as Yunho turned around to see a truck pulling into the grass by them. 

 

"So, who is this Myungok guy again?" Yunho asked, as he watched a guy getting out of the truck with a suit on. That doesn't exactly screamed 'I'm going to helped hauled furniture into the back of a truck' to Yunho but he figured that if Tiffany was friends with him then he could trust him. 

 

"Myungok is an old friend from school." Tiffany said, as she waved at the man and he waved back, "He's a bit of a flirt but he should have toned it down after all these years." 

 

"I'm still keeping an eye on him." Yunho muttered, as he followed Tiffany over to him. 

 

"Don't start getting jealous now." Tiffany said, with a chuckled, "Myungok's harmless." 

 

"Tiffany, my dear." Myungok said, taking her hand, "It's been too long." 

 

"I have missed you too Myungok Oppa." Tiffany said, as she rolled her eyes at his theatrics. Taking her hand away from his, she turned towards Yunho and said, "Oppa, this Jung Yunho. I have told you about him." 

 

"Ah, yes." Myungok said, giving Yunho a slight bow, "It's nice to meet someone Tiffany loves so dearly. Now then, don't we have some furniture to moved? I'm sure we can catch up while doing that Tiffany." 

 

"You want to get home that bad or something?" Tiffany teased, as she thought about how he had recently gotten engaged. 

 

"Well, it will be no fun loading furniture in the dark." Myungok said, with his normal smile that she swears she hadn't seen in years. 

 

"Well then, we better get on it if you are scared of the dark." Yunho said, with a smirked as he picked up a chair. 

 

"I was just thinking of Tiffany." Myungok said, before going over and picking up two chairs. Tiffany was beginning to think that it was going to be a long evening. 

 

The packing of the furniture actually went really well and surprisingly quick. Except for the few times Yunho and Myungok quarreled, it was fine. By the time they had put everything into the back of the truck, the sun had long set and stars dotted the sky. 

 

"Well, we will see you tomorrow." Tiffany said, as she waved goodbye to Myungok, elbowing Yunho in the sides to tell him to wave as well which he did but with a terribly obvious forced grinned. Once Myungok had left, Tiffany turned to him and said, "Sometimes, you are so childish." 

 

"What do you mean? He's the same." Yunho pouted as Tiffany patted him on the shoulder. 

 

"Try to make friends with some of my old friends. Even if your frenemies or whatever." Tiffany said, with a sighed before changing the topics, "Now then, I'm picking what we order tonight." 

 

"I thought we were picking it out together." Yunho said, as he followed Tiffany inside. 

 

"No, I'm the one that knows the good places around here. Anyway, how does Thai sound?" Tiffany asked, as she whipped out her phone. 

 

"Good I guess but don't you need a phone book or something?" Yunho asked, as he began to head into the kitchen to see if he had skipped over one or packed one up. 

 

"No, I still have the number memorized. Man, I uses to called in like five times a week during my senior year in high school." Tiffany said, with a nostalgic looked on her face. So, Thai food was ordered and they spent the time waiting for it to arrived by moving all the boxes. The two ended up doing nothing else that night but eating the large amount of takeout they had gotten. 

 

"You ready to get some sleep?" Tiffany asked out loud, after they had finished eating, "Because even if you say no, I'm going to sleep." 

 

"I guess. I mean, you are probably going to wake me up at eight or something to finished everything." Yunho said, as he adjusted his position against the wall he was currently sitting against. 

 

"So, it's decided then." Tiffany said. Standing up, she stretched before turning around and looking down at Yunho, "Come on then." Holding out her hand, he took it before standing up. 

 

"Lead the way." Yunho said, "So, where exactly are we going to be sleeping?" He asked, as they headed up the staircase. 

 

"My old room should still have my bed in it unless my dad cleaned it all out." Tiffany said. Once they reached the top of the stairs, she dragged him down the long hallway before they came to a stopped outside a simple white door. 

 

Tiffany pushed the door opened and flipped on the lights to revealed a room that looked like a three year old had designed it, "Tiffany, can I be honest with you?" Yunho asked, as they walked into the room. 

 

"Sure." Tiffany said, as she looked around her room, a feeling of disgusts rising. She really, truly had hated her bedroom and she had forgotten just how much. 

 

"It looks like a three year old picked everything out." Yunho said, as he stared at all the pink and frills that seemed to take over the room. The only thing that seemed even related to Tiffany was the bookcase in the room and the color pink. 

 

"I agree." Tiffany said, before plopping down on the bed, "But it's the only option you have for sleep so you either sleep here or out in the bare downstairs." 

 

"I wasn't complaining. A bed's a bed even if it looks like it belongs to a three year old." 

 

"Ok. Now, I think you are just messing with me. It's not that bad, right?" 

 

"No, I think it is that bad." 

 

"Shut up."