We Are In Love

We Are In Love

Chapter 42 

 

For once, Tiffany was relieved that she hadn't got stuck chaperoning the Valentine dance that the school held every year for the students. She somehow get stucked every year before and for once, she was free. Free from teenagers, dry cookies that parents had bought at the grocery store and in her opinion, the worst music it had to offered but she wasn't exactly saying she was jumping for joy over where she was at the moment. While most couples went with the route of going out for dinner at a nice restaurant or seeing a played or something that was romantic on Valentine's Day, her boyfriend claimed it was too cliché and had a much better planned in mind and Tiffany, being the trusting person she is, went along with it and left their date in the hands of Yunho. Not to say it was always a bad idea, he had taken her out on numerous of memorable dates and then there were the...well, weird ones that didn't always end well. 

 

Yunho must have decided to opt out all the normal and classic options for a more unique one in his mind, that was what she had decided when they had arrived at the place he claimed would be the best Valentine's Day ever. This is why Tiffany was currently pressed up against some plastic wall in the dark with Yunho breathing heavily beside her and with a laser gun in her hand. Not exactly her idea of a great date. 

 

"Alright Tiffany." Yunho said, turning to her with one of the most serious looks on his face she had ever seen, "We can take these guys down with teamwork. I will distract them and you hit them from behind. Sounds like a good game planned, right?" 

 

"Um...Sure?" Tiffany replied, as she raised her eyebrow. She had never played nor really had the desire to played laser tagged in her life but she was doing it on Valentine's Day instead of going out to some nice restaurant. Sure, it was better than chaperoning a dance but the fact was, the teams they were playing against were fifteen year olds didn't exactly make her screamed romantic in anyway. 

 

"Come on Tiffany, if you get hit once and then you are done and if you are out, I won't be able to win without you. This is all about teamwork and strategy." Yunho whispered, as he peeked around the side of the wall. Apparently, the coast was clear because he turned back around and asked her, "You ready to make our first attacked?" 

 

"Uh, I guess." Tiffany said, with a shrugged. She hoped she knew what she was doing. Maybe she should have listened to Yunho more when he told her how to played. 

 

"Ok. After I leave, count to five and go to the opposite direction of me." 

 

"Got it." Tiffany said, watching as he gave her a thumbs up before disappearing behind the wall. Tiffany sighed and counted to five before peeking out and seeing no one, she slowly crept out and awkwardly sneaked slashed jogged towards the opposite direction of Yunho. 

 

She had no idea where exactly she was supposed to go but she just figured if she walked in a semi-straight line then she had find out where Yunho wanted her to be. She was creeping towards another plastic wall when she heard a noise that she could only describe as a bunch of freshmen boys who had just saw someone tripped or something ridiculous. The only thing she could figured was that Yunho was there or at least nearby. He had said he was going to be the decoy. 

 

Heading towards the source of the noises, she peeked around a wall and saw three fifteen year old hiding behind a wall, taking turns popping up and attempting to shoot Yunho who, at the moment, was dancing around and avoiding all their shots, making them pretty angry to say the least. Taking aimed, she did her best to aligned the laser gun towards the kids back. Pulling the trigger, she watched the red beam of light hit the kid directly in the back of his vest. In a second, his vest light up in an annoying bright red color, making him easily stand out in the dark. 

 

The light illuminated his two friends shocked faces and gave her the perfect opportunity to shoot the other one in the back. The last of the group turned around with his gun drawled, ready to shoot when Yunho took aim and hit him in the back. 

 

Waving at her, she returned the wave as he ran over to her. He grabbed her hand and pulled her away from the scene, "We gotta find somewhere else to stakeout for the time being. That bright red light is going to draw all the other player to that area." Yunho explained, before pulling her behind another wall, taking a deep breathe, turning to her, he said, "You did great Tiffany. Man, they didn't even see it coming and you thought you were going to be terrible. You are a natural." 

 

"How sweet of you but you were the one that said we had to be quiet." Tiffany said, shaking her head, though she did appreciate the praises. It was true that she had figured she would have been out within seconds of facing an opponent, even if Yunho had promised to protect her. 

 

"Looked at you already telling me the rules." Yunho said, with a chuckled, "Anyway, there should be about three teams left besides us so we can hope a few get knocked out by the distraction of the first team." He finished, just as Tiffany noticed a faint red light out of the cornered of her eye. She turned around, expecting there to be someone pointing a gun in her face but saw no one. 

 

"Looks like they did exactly what I thought they had do." Yunho whispered, with a grinned spreading across his face as three more spots of red flashed in the dark room. 

 

"Do you feel proud of outsmarting fifteen year olds or something? I do hope you know you are more than half their age." Tiffany said, as she watched him rises slightly from his crouched position to looked over the wall for anyone heading their way. 

 

"Hey, all is fair in love and war." Yunho whispered, with a shrugged before crouching back down, "There should be only four people left. There were only two other two player groups and one other three person group. We got this in the bag Tiffany." 

 

"So, what's the planned then? Are we just going to wait for them to eliminate each other?" Tiffany asked, though she had a feeling she already knew the answered. 

 

"No way, that will be too easy. We are going straight in." Yunho said, as he turned to looked around the wall. 

 

"And by that, you mean what exactly?" Tiffany asked, with a shrugged. 

 

"We are going to go out onto the field and looked for them. They are all probably spread out since they all probably lost people so that means we go around and take down the last few people that are left." Yunho said, with a grinned, "Don't worry, we will sticked together, strength in numbers." 

 

"Uh huh." Tiffany said, as she watched Yunho creep around the side of the wall before motioning for her to followed. The two of them stuck together this time, with Yunho in front and Tiffany looking behind them. Darting her eyes around the darkly lit room, Tiffany was waiting for someone to jumped out at any second. Yunho stopped suddenly, making Tiffany almost bumped into him, "Hey." She whispered, "Warned me next time." 

 

Yunho didn't respond as he put a finger in front of his mouth like he was telling her to shush before pointing his gun towards a wall. Tiffany raised her brow but after a few seconds, she could hear the distinct sound of whispering. Looking up at Yunho, he nodded at her and she nodded back. 

 

The two snuck towards the wall and once they had reached it, they each took a side and ran around to see two kids huddled behind the wall. The two barely had time to react before Yunho shot one in the chest and Tiffany following suit. 

 

The kids both let out a loud noises of annoyance as they both yelled while Tiffany and Yunho ran off, "You know." Tiffany panted, as she looked around for any possible threats, "I feel kinda bad for taking out these kids." 

 

"Just image that their some of your students." Yunho said, right before a kid came running at them, screaming. Yunho easily shot him in the vest before he could even take a shot, "Only one left." 

 

"I see." Tiffany said, sidestepping the angry kid, "You uses this to get out all of your anger, huh?" 

 

"Maybe." Yunho said, with a shrugged, "It's fun, that's the reason I like it." 

 

"I take it that's also the reason you chose this as a date?" Tiffany asked, as she waited for the last kid to appeared from behind one of the many walls. 

 

"What?" Yunho asked, "You are not having fun?" 

 

"Well, I wouldn't say that." Tiffany said, as she noticed something out of the cornered of her eye. Quickly jumping behind a wall, she watched as a red laser whizzed by her. 

 

Yunho quickly stopped, turning around, he asked, "Are you ok?" 

 

"Yeah." Tiffany replied, as she aim her gun towards where the laser had come from with Yunho following her quickly. She heard him chuckled to himself and whispered under his breath, "We got this." 

 

The two creep towards the wall and had to moved a few times to dodge the occasionally laser that was shooting their way but soon, they were right in front of the wall. They turned to each other and nodded their heads at each other. Bending over the side, they both shot at a very surprised kid. It looked like he hadn't expected them to leaned over the wall. His vest lit up a bright red and after a few seconds of him swearing loudly, the lights turned back on. 

 

"Woohoo." Yunho said, pumping his fists in the air and throwing his arms around Tiffany, "We won." 

 

Tiffany couldn't helped the smile on her face. She did feel kinda bad about the fact that they had only been up against kids but she couldn't deny that it felt nice to win, "Yes Yunho Oppa, we were able to defeat all these kids in about thirty minutes. I do hope you have something else planned for tonight." Tiffany said, as she watched Yunho jumped up and down while pumping his fists. 

 

Yunho stopped his jumping and turned to her while saying, "Of course, I have something else planned. Did you think this was the only thing I had planned or something?" 

 

"Maybe." Tiffany replied, suddenly feeling kind of silly for thinking Yunho had only had laser tagged planned for Valentine's Day. 

 

"Well, we are going out to eat of course; I mean, I'm starving so I'm guessing you are hungry as well." Yunho said, as he motioned for her to followed him as he headed towards the exit. 

 

"Do you have an exact place of where were going to eat? Or are you stopping at the first place you see that sells food?" Tiffany asked, as she followed him out of the room. They placed their guns and vests in tubs by the exit and headed towards the exit of the building. 

 

"No, I kinda have something planned." Yunho said, as he opened the door, letting her out first before following, "Like reservations?" She asked. 

 

"No, most places were already full when I called so I went with a better idea." Yunho said, as he hit the button on his keys to unlocked the car. 

 

"Where exactly are you taking me?" Tiffany asked, as she got into the car, her brows knitted together as she tried to think of where Yunho might be taking her. 

 

"You will see." Yunho chimed, as he the car, "It's a surprised." 

 

"Now I'm worried." Tiffany said, with a smile as she watched Yunho's smile grow bigger. She swears, sometimes, she has no idea what he had planned but knowing Yunho, it would be fine.