We Are In Love

We Are In Love

Chapter 47 

 

"We shouldn't have stayed out so late." Tiffany said, with a loud yawned before flopping down onto their bed, "Well, who was the one that kept saying, just one more round?" Yunho asked, with a smiled as he sat down onto the bed. 

 

"Touché." Tiffany said, before shifting her position for a more comfortable one. Closing her eyes, she listened to Yunho talked. 

 

"Do you think we can just called in sick tomorrow?" Yunho asked, as he turned off the light. 

 

With a small laughed, Tiffany murmured, "Probably not and if we did, who knows what the others would joke about." 

 

"It's not like I care what they think." Yunho said, as the mattress creaked under his change of position. 

 

"You have got a point there." Tiffany said, as she rolled over and looked at him, "But I don't think were even going to get any sleep unless you can be quiet long enough for us to go to sleep." 

 

"Hey, you want to hear this great joke Byunghee told me the other day?" Yunho asked out loud, not particularly towards her but she was the only one in the room. 

 

"Yunho Oppa, sleep is nice sometimes." Tiffany said, as she closed her eyes. 

 

"What do you called a group of unorganized cats?" Yunho asked, as he tried to stifle his laughter. 

 

"Fine, I will bite; what?" Tiffany muttered, as she opened one of her eyes. 

 

"A cat-astrophe." Yunho said, before he bursts out laughing. 

 

"That's so terrible." Tiffany said, before letting out a laughed. 

 

"But who's laughing?" Yunho asked, and even in the dark, she swore she could see the smirked on his face. 

 

"It's so terrible, it's funny." Tiffany said, "Ok, my turned. What do you called a seagull that flies over a bay?" 

 

"I don't know. What?" Yunho asked, as he shifted his position so he was looking over at Tiffany. 

 

"A bagel." Tiffany said, as she giggled at the stupid joke. Yunho, on the other hand, started laughing like crazy, "Oh man, that one was pretty corny Tiffany. I didn't realized you knew jokes like that." Yunho said, as he listened to her laughed at her joke. 

 

"Oh, come on now, after knowing you for how long, why wouldn't I know any terribly corny jokes?" Tiffany said, "Ok then, how about this? Why did the stadium get hot after the game?" Yunho asked, as he waited for Tiffany's answered. 

 

She was thinking about an answered to this one but she really couldn't think of an answered that warranted a laughed, "I don't know. Why?" 

 

"Because all the fans left." Yunho said, with a snort. 

 

"Oh my god." Tiffany said, before letting out a laughed, "That's terrible." 

 

"Ah, yes." Yunho said, before laughing again, "But isn't that the point of these jokes, to be so terrible their funny." "I guess you have a point." Tiffany said, a few seconds later after she had calm down, "Ok, but what did the duck say to the bartender?" 

 

"Put it on my bill." 

 

"Put it on my...wait, what?" Tiffany said, stopping in mid-answered after Yunho interrupted her. She could hear him laughing as she laid there defeated, "How did you know?" Tiffany asked. 

 

"Oh, come on Tiffany, that is the oldest one in the book. It may be a classic but everyone knows the answered." Yunho said, as he shook his head. 

 

"You are no fun. You could have at least let me answered and then you could have told me you already knew the answered. You just ruined my joke." 

 

"Ok, fine, I'm sorry for ruining your corny joke." Yunho said. 

 

"I bet you, I know one that you don't even have the slightest idea what the answered is." Tiffany challenged. 

 

"You think?" Yunho asked, as his eyebrows rose. 

 

"I know so." Tiffany said surely. 

 

"Ok then, bring it on." Yunho said, as he waited for the joke. 

 

"Why did the hipster burned his tongue?" Tiffany asked, before listening to the silence that enveloped the room. 

 

"I don't know. Because his coffee was so hot?" Yunho asked, hesitance in his answered. 

 

"He drank it before it was cool." Tiffany said, pausing for effect before she bursts out laughing. 

 

"That was terrible." Yunho said, letting out a snort. 

 

"Well, didn't you say." Tiffany managed to say between laughs, "That's the whole point?" 

 

"Yeah." Yunho said, as his laughter dwindled, "I did say that." 

 

"Now then, I say we try and get some sleep." Tiffany said, as she rolled over. 

 

"Ok, whatever you say." Yunho said, before falling silent for a few moments. Just as Tiffany was slowly drifting off, she heard him say, "Sleep; there's a nap for that." 

 

"That's a terrible pun." Tiffany muttered, before falling asleep. 

 

"I don't think it's that bad." Yunho said to himself. 

 

"Now then." Tiffany said, as turned back to the chalkboard, picking up a piece of chalk, she began to write on the board as she talked, "Edgar Allen Poe. As I'm sure you all know, was an American writer, editor and literary critic. He was best known for his Macabre and mysterious poetry and I'm sure all of you have at least read or heard of 'The Raven'. I suggest you looked into the word Macabre as well since you will need to know the definition of it for your quizzed in a few days." Loud groans filled the classroom as Tiffany rolled her eyes before turning around. Clapping her hands together, she asked, "Does anyone know the meaning of Macabre?" The class fell silent and not a single person rose their hand, "Come on guys, its fine if you get it wrong. Just give it your best shot." 

 

One student slowly raised his hand and when Tiffany nodded at him, he asked, "Does it mean scary or terrifying or something like that?" 

 

"Not exactly but closes." Tiffany said, before turning back to the board and writing down the definition as she said it out loud, "It means disturbing and horrifying and it normally is used with the depiction of death or injury. Now then, turned to page 789 and read to page 801. Answered all the questions in the sidebar on a separate piece of paper. When you are done, you can turned it in to the bin." Tiffany instructed, as she turned around to looked at her students. They sound of textbooks thunking onto the desk and the flipping of pages was the only sound in the room before another sound entered the air. It was a sound that as a teacher, Tiffany, had grown accustomed to, the sound of a vibrating phone. 

 

"Who's ever phone that is, please turned it off? I don't want to have to hand in a phone into the office." Tiffany said, as she crossed her arms and surveyed the room, looking for the guilty students but no one looked surprised or guilty at all. Most seemed confused but relieved and the others just continued on with finding the assignment. Tiffany figured who's ever phone it was, just turned it off and was about to head back to her desk when she heard the vibrating again. 

 

"Ok, I don't mind if you all bring your phones into class but when I hear them and I tell you to turned them off, I mean it. Ok?" Tiffany asked, as she stared at her class, waiting for a signed of whoever was her culprit. Just as she was turning around to head to her desk, she turned her head around and asked, "Please just turned it off please or at least tell them to stopped texting you during class." 

 

"Um, Miss Hwang." One student said, as she raised her hand slowly. 

 

"Yes Joohee, what is it?" She asked, as she turned to the girl. 

 

"Um, I think it's your phone." She said, as she pointed towards Tiffany's desk. 

 

"What?" Tiffany said, as she headed over to her desk. Turning her phone on, she saw on the locked screen six unread messages from Yunho, 'What the hell is he texting me for during worked?' Turning back to her class, she apologized, "I'm sorry everyone. It looks like Joohee was right. If you want to get angry at anyone, you should get angry at Couch Jung for not realizing that some people are trying to teached." 

 

Sighing, she sat down in her chair and turned off the vibrate and then silenced her phone all the way. Unlocking her phone, she tapped on the messages and looked at the ones Yunho had sent her. 

 

'Why shouldn't you played poker in the jungle?' 

 

'Because there's too many cheetahs.' 

 

'When does Snoop Dog uses an umbrella?' 

 

'For drizzle.' 

 

'What do you called an alligator in a vest?' 

 

'An in-vest-igator.' 

 

As Tiffany scrolled through the text messages, she couldn't helped but shake her head, although she was doing her best to keep from laughing. Was he continuing their pun war from last night? She considered looking up some puns online and texting them to him in retaliation but they were at worked and they both had classes at the moment since they had gotten lucky this year and ended up getting the same lunch break so she could just tell him then. 

 

Setting her phone down on her desk, she opened up her email on her computer to see if any students had sent her any emails recently. Just as she was looking at the last one, she saw her phone lightening up out of the cornered of her eye. Unlocking the screen, she saw a new message from Yunho. 

 

'How does a squid go into battle?'

 

"What the heck?" Tiffany muttered, as she stared at the question on the screen; it was going to have something to do with arms or something of the sort. She just knew it. A few seconds later, her screen lit up again. 

 

'Well armed.'

 

"Hardy har har." Tiffany said, as she unlocked her phone and considered texting him back. Her students were doing their worked and it's not like she was really teaching at the moment but if students weren't allowed to text during class then it felt kind of hypocritical to do so. Setting her phone off to the side, she turned back to her computer and decided to entered in some grades, the first termed was coming to an end in a few days. 

 

She saw her phone lightening up again, and chose to ignored it. All Yunho had to do was wait another half an hour and he could tell her all the jokes he wants to but then, her phone lit up again, and again, and again, and again, until she couldn't take it anymore when it lit up the next time. Reaching over, she unlocked her phone and saw she had six more new messages. Opening them up, she scrolled through them. 

 

'What do you called a sleeping bull?' 

 

'A bull-dozer.' 

 

'What is the difference between a poorly dressed man on a tricycle and a well-dressed men on a bicycle?' 

 

'Attire.' 

 

'What's the moons favorite gum?' 

 

'Orbit.' 

 

Shaking her head, Tiffany had to admit they were funny but now wasn't the time or placed. She wanted to text back but that would most likely encouraged him so she turned her phone off and turned back to her grade book. There was only eight more minutes until their lunch break anyway. 

 

Once the last student had left her class after the bell rang, Tiffany grabbed her lunch and her phone and headed down to the gym. For once, when she entered the gym, there weren't kids in there, shooting basketballs nor doing something of the sort. 

 

"Did you not get any of my texts or something?" Came Yunho's voice from nowhere. 

 

"What? Where are you?" Tiffany asked, as she looked around for him. 

 

"Oh, sorry." Yunho said, poking his head out of the office he shared with the health teacher, "I'm in here for once today." 

 

"I can see." Tiffany said, before going into the office. It was tiny and only able to hold a desk and a single file cabinet but according to Yunho, the health teacher said it was fine. 

 

"So, the texts I sent you?" Yunho asked, as he watched her sit on the only extra chair in the room. 

 

"Oh, I got them. All twelve of them." Tiffany said, as she looked over at him. 

 

"I thought I sent more than that." Yunho said thoughtfully, before picking up his phone from the desk. 

 

"Well, I turned it off over eight minutes ago so that might be why." Tiffany said, as she watched him scrolled on his phone. 

 

"Oh, well, that makes senses I guess but let me tell you, these kids know some good jokes." Yunho said, as he sat his phone back down and dugged through his bag for the sandwich he had packed earlier that morning. 

 

"You got those jokes from students?" Tiffany asked, as she ate part of her leftovers from the night before. 

 

"Yeah, I sent the best ones to you. I figured after last night, we were still on to see who could tell the other the bets pun." Yunho said, as he took a large bite out of his sandwich. 

 

"Oh, come on, we both know my hipster one was the best." Tiffany said confidently, as she placed her hand on her chest. 

 

"Sure, that one was good but you have to admit, the one about the different men on the bicycle was great as well." Yunho said triumphantly. 

 

"Sure, it was good but not as good as mine." Tiffany said, staring at him. 

 

"You want to bet?" Yunho asked, leaning towards her. 

 

"Do you planned on starting a war Oppa?" Tiffany asked curiously, as the cornered of turned up into a smirked. 

 

"It's on." Yunho said, placing his hands on the desk, "And I will emerged the puniest one of them all." 

 

"Oh, we will see." Tiffany said, with a laughed, "We will see."