We Are In Love

We Are In Love

Chapter 44 

 

Not much had happened on the last day of cleaning out the house. Just the normal things that come with moving, cleaning out all the furniture and putting stuff into boxes but one thing interesting that came from all of this cleaning, moving and boxing was Tiffany finding her mom's old recipes. She had been so excited to have found them after they had practically vanished after her mom's death. Now, she had them in her procession and could relieved all of her old memories of learning how to cooked them with her mom. 

 

Yunho hadn't thought much of it other than seeing how happy it had made her when she had discovered them in a desk in the library but the first thing Tiffany did when they arrived back home was take out one of her favorite recipes, without telling Yunho of course, it was going to be a surprised, wrote a lists of everything she needed and then headed off to the grocery store. 

 

Yunho didn't really complained either when she banned him from entering the kitchen later that day so he wouldn't ruined the 'Surprised'. Yunho figured about thirty minutes later that she was cooking some kind of pasta dish due to the tomato smell that was coming from the kitchen but he could always be wrong; she could be making some crazy fancy dish. 

 

So, he simply sat on the couch and played around with Happy until he was interrupted when his Samsung Galaxy S7 rang. Looking at who was calling, he considered just setting it back down and ignoring them but he knew that they had just hunt him down when he went back to worked tomorrow anyway so he picked up. 

 

"Yo Yunho, how was your weekend?" Came the unusually cheerful voice of his brother from the other side of the phone. 

 

"Hey Byunghee, what's with the chipper attitude? Did you make some child cry today or something?" Yunho asked, with a laughed. 

 

"Haha, you are so funny." Byunghee replied dryly, before continuing, "Anyway, I called you to talked to you about something serious." 

 

"Oh really? You are going to be serious?" 

 

"Oh, shut your trap!" Byunghee yelled at him, over the phone. 

 

"Ok, I'm shutting it." Yunho said, as he sunk into the couch. If this was going to be anything like Byunghee's last serious talked, it was going to be long and he wouldn't listened to whatever Yunho had to say for the first half and hour after he had told him his problem. 

 

"Good, keep it that way. Anyway, I have been thinking about some really serious stuff recently and I don't know what I should do." 

 

"Uh, so you came to me?" Yunho asked, as he switched the phone to his other hand. 

 

"Yeah, causes...I mean, even if it did take you years to finally asked Tiffany out, your better at that kind of stuff then me." 

 

"So, this is about Yuri then?" 

 

"Yeah, I have been thinking about taking the next stepped in our relationship with her." 

 

"You are finally going to move in together? Oh my god, I must tell everyone." 

 

"You promised to be quiet remember? And besides, you know we have lived together for over a year now anyway. So lately, I have been thinking about...I don't know, taking the next stepped in our relationship and then I had to think about what that would be and so I came to the conclusion that the next stepped would be...Well, to...um, asked her to marry me." Byunghee said slowly, losing all confidence he had, anything to do with romance had that kind of effect on him. 

 

"So, you want to asked Yuri to marry you, right?" Yunho asked, with a raised eyebrow, "I don't see why you had worry about it. She will definitely say yes and I'm going to guess that she's probably been waiting for you to popped the question since your fifth year anniversary. So, I say, go for it before she gets tired of waiting and asked you herself and if she does, I will never let you live it down that Yuri was the one who had to take action to get your asses together and then the one to give you a ring." 

 

"Shut up, will you?" Byunghee said, before pausing and then asking, "You think she will say yes?" 

 

"For sure, just don't do something too crazy for the proposal because I know how you are. Just get a ring and wait for the right time. It's not like you need to put too much thought into it." Yunho said, with a shrugged. 

 

"But that's the point!" Byunghee exclaimed, "You are supposed to make it something memorable!" 

 

"Ok, fine then, go all over the top for all I care." Yunho said, "It's not like I'm the one proposing." 

 

"I bet you have thought about it though." Byunghee said, the teasing tone obvious. 

 

"Oh, come on, Tiffany and me have only been dating for eight months now. There's no way I had be thinking about that already." Yunho said, as he swatted Happy's paw away from the phone. He had seem to developed this habit of knocking everyone's phone out of their hands, especially when they are talking to someone for some reason, "Sure, whatever you say." Byunghee said, with a chuckle. 

 

"I'm telling the truth." Yunho said, with a sighed as he waited for Byunghee to tell him what he was going to do so he could end this conversation that was slowly turning to him for some reason. 

 

"Uh huh. Anyway, I guess I will do it then. I'm going to asked Yuri to marry me." 

 

"Congrats. I sure hope I'm right." 

 

"You better be." Byunghee said, before hanging up abruptly. 

 

"Not even a goodbye, how rude." Yunho muttered, as Happy slapped his paw onto Yunho's phone, sending in down onto his lap. Looking over at Happy, Yunho just shook his head before picking his phone back up and asking him, "Do you not like me talking on the phone or something? If so, please tell me why?" Happy simply meowed back at him before jumping off the couch and heading into the kitchen, probably to mooch for some food. 

 

Yunho considered following Happy to do the same but figured all he had get is a kicked from Tiffany and then probably wouldn't even be allowed to eat whatever Tiffany had been so intent on making. Resting his head on the couch, Yunho considered breaking into his not so secret stash of chips he had when Tiffany's face appeared in his line of sight. 

 

"Are you ready to eat the best meal of your life?" Tiffany asked, with a wide smile. 

 

"Well, it is rude to refused after you spent so much time working on it." Yunho said, smiling back at her. 

 

"Don't lie. I could practically hear your stomach from the kitchen." Tiffany said, before telling him, "Come on and get up. I want to see your face when you try it. I swear, it's going to blow your mind how great it will taste." 

 

"Ok then, I trust you." Yunho said, getting up and following her into the kitchen where he saw two plates sitting on the table. 

 

"So, what is it exactly?" Yunho asked curiously, as he studied the dish before sitting down. 

 

"Well...I mean, it's pretty much what it looks like but if you want to know, my mom just called it sausage, peppers and onions." Tiffany said, as she sat down in her chair. 

 

"What's the pasta doing then?" Yunho asked, as he picked up the fork. He was never one to turned down food; he was going to eat it even if it did turned out bad. Though that seemed unlikely since Tiffany seemed to make any food she touches delicious. 

 

"It's an Italian dish." Tiffany said, with a shrugged, "And my mom always made it with pasta." 

 

"Alright then, time to digged in." Yunho said, as he picked up forkful of food and shoved in it his mouth. Tiffany watched his face with pursed pink lips as she waited for his responses. 

 

"It's great." He said, as he picked up another forkful. 

 

"But..." Tiffany said, with a raised eyebrow. 

 

"But what?" Yunho asked, shoving in another forkful. 

 

"Something in your voice is saying it's great but there's something you think is wrong." Tiffany said, "So what is it? I can take criticism. I get it if you don't like something." 

 

"No, no, it's great. I love it." Yunho said, waving his hand at her. 

 

"You are lying." Tiffany said, crossing her arms, "What's wrong with it?" 

 

"Nothing is wrong with it." Yunho said, exasperated. 

 

"Yunho Oppa, tell me!" Tiffany demanded. 

 

"Fine, I just think it could uses more onions that's all." Yunho said, waiting for the wrath that would probably come. 

 

"Onions?" Tiffany asked absentmindedly, "More onions?" 

 

"Yeah, I just think it could uses more onions but it's great like this, too." Yunho said, glad Tiffany didn't seem to be reacting too badly to him saying something about her mom's measurement of onions or whatever. 

 

"That recipe has been cook the same way for over the past generations on my mom's side, it hasn't been altered in the slightest in all those and your telling me it needs more onions?!" Tiffany asked, her voice getting higher and higher. 

 

"Yeah." Yunho said, shrinking down in his chair. 

 

"This recipe has been cook the same way in my family for generations, what do you mean by it needs more onions?! No, it doesn't need more onions!" Tiffany yelled, as she pulled at her hair. 

 

"Ok, ok, it doesn't need more onions; I'm just crazy, you know." Yunho said, shaking his hand before taking more of the food and eating it. 

 

Tiffany buried her face in her hands and just sat there while Yunho watched, waiting for her responses. Eventually, she let out a loud sighed before looking up and began to eat her food. Yunho, by now, had finished all of his but was a little worried to say anything. If he had known Tiffany would have reacted like that, he wouldn't have said anything at all. After a while of sitting in silence, Tiffany was the first to talked. 

 

"I'm sorry about overacting and yelling at you." She said, while staring down at her plate. 

 

"It's fine..." Yunho said, before Tiffany cut him off before he could finished. 

 

"No, I overreacted and I'm sorry. I probably sounded crazy. It's just that I can remember watching my mom making the recipe and then her teaching it to me and...Well, really, it's no excuses for how I reacted. It's just there's not much left in my life that really reminds me of my mom and pictures just show what she looked like but not the memories I made with her." Tiffany said, with a sighed. 

 

"Well, I think that you yelling at me about thinking there needed to be more onions was pretty memorable." Yunho said jokingly, while Tiffany felt her face heating up with embarrassment. 

 

"Yeah, I guess it was. It was ridiculous but I guess I will remember it whenever I make it." Tiffany said, while she shook her head lightly. 

 

"Well, I think I'm going to make you dinner tomorrow." Yunho declared, as he pushed his plate off to the side, "Oh? I do hope you don't set anything on fire." Tiffany said. 

 

"Nah, it will be the chili my dad uses to make." Yunho said, smiling fondly as he remember always begging his dad to teach him how to make it. 

 

"Really? What did he called it?" Tiffany asked, because knowing Yunho's spice resistants, it would have the hottest peppers in it and he wouldn't even blinked. 

 

"He used to call it red chili." Yunho said, "But I think it was only because I liked red when I was a kid." He quickly added, when he saw Tiffany pale a bit. 

 

"Well, I will eat it." Tiffany said. 

 

"Sure, and then you can tell me that it needs more hot sauce or something." Yunho said cheerfully. 

 

"I don't think I will say that."