Ch. 9

When I Met You

Chapter 9

 

Youngjae was busy with his college again. Sometimes, he would come home at midnight to finish his project. I always said to him that he could just calls me whenever he wanted me to pick him up. But, he was stubborn. He said that I must be tired or he didn’t want to disturb me or he could back home safe alone. “I was capable before, why won’t I now?” he always said that if I reminded him to call me.

 

Sometimes I scolded him saying that he better sleep in his friend’s home than coming to home after midnight. I just so worried over him. He was innocent and easily gets bullied. I worried that he might involve in an accident. If he still didn’t come home at 10 pm, I always make sure to call him and pick him up, no matter what he said.

 

Just like today. Youngjae messaged me earlier that he would be late again. I asked him where he was, he didn’t answer me. So, I called him, scolded him a little before he said he was around the university. I drove immediately to the university.

 

I waited for him in the car because he said that he would be quick. I was listening to the music when someone was running to my car, abruptly knocking my window’s glass. I opened the door and he immediately said, “Help! One of my friends is being bullied by senior there!” –he was out of breath.

 

“Who?” –I asked. He still arranged his breath as he said, “Choi Youngjae.” Upon hearing my boyfriend’s name, I immediately ran to the direction that the little boy pointed me.

 

When I arrived at the scene, Youngjae was pinned on the wall and surrounded by about 6 students.

 

“Yah!” –I yelled at them, “Get your dirty hand of him!” I walked closer towards him. I could see Youngjae turning his head to me, “Hyung!” –he said. I took a look closely and I could see his scared face and a strain of tears. Without so much thinking, I fought the 6 alone.

 

“Who are you?” –One of them asked me as he tried to get up.

 

“Im Jaebum. And you are sick people. I’ll make sure you drop out from this school!” –I warned them. “And, don’t ever you dare to lay a single hand to my boyfriend again!” I said as I punched him once again. They ran off. I breathed hard. I saw Youngjae was sobbing, leaning on the wall. I moved closer to him and pulled him to my embrace.

 

We arrived at home and Youngjae was still in shocked. I accompanied him all night.


 

          I woke up the next morning. Youngjae was sleeping next to me. I watched him and he slightly winced in pain. He groaned, calling his mom. I sat up and put my hand on his forehead. He was burning.

 

          “Mom…” –he mumbled in his sleep. I shook his body a little, “Youngjae-ah… baby, wake up.” hearing my voice, his eyes fluttered open.

 

          “H-hyung… I-I am n-not f-feeling well.” –he said.

 

          “Silly boy. Yes, you are.” –I worriedly said. “I will prepare breakfast for you before you take the medicine. Just rest again, okay.” I abruptly stood up and headed to the kitchen.

 

          As I cooked porridge for him, my phone rang. Without seeing the caller id, I picked up my phone.

 

          “Hello?”

 

          “Jaebum!” –my dad yelled at me, I have to put the phone far from my ear.

 

          “Dad.” –I calmly greet him.

 

          “Yah, Im Jaebum! Are you insane? What did you do last night? Fighting with 6 people in the university and saying you have had a boyfriend? ing boyfriend?” –his deafening voice was bombing over my ear. But, beyond that, I was surprise how did he knows it all?

 

          “Yes, dad. Your words are right. Got problem?”

 

          “Got problem?! Got problem, you said?! Yes! There is ing big problem, Im Jaebum! Get to my office now!”

 

          “I can’t. My boyfriend is sick now.”

 

          “I don’t ing care if your boyfriend is sick. Just get here, NOW!”

 

          “Dad, I don’t ing care if there will be big problem. My boyfriend is sick! Don’t you hear me?” I used the same tone as him. I was furious.

 

          “Hyung?” –I turned around and looked at Youngjae stood not too far behind me, immediately calm down.

 

          “Youngjae-ah…” –I said his name.

 

          “Im Jaebum! I’m not so done with you now! I-” I hung up, forgot that I still had my father on the line.

 

          “Youngjae-ah, why are you here? Just rest in the room, baby.” –I moved to help him sat in the dining chair.

 

          “Was that your dad?” –he asked me, concerned. I nodded.

 

          “What did he say? Why did he yell at you, hyung?”

 

          “Nothing to worry about, Jae-ah.” –I assured him as I turned off the stove and getting a bowl for his porridge.

 

          “Breakfast now?” –I asked him. He nodded. I fed him the porridge and it wasn’t even a half that he told me to stop.

 

          “Jae-ah, just a little more, okay?” –I convinced him. He shook his head, “Enough, hyung. I’ll eat again later. Just prepare yourself.”

 

          I looked at him questionably, “Why? Do you want to go outside?”

 

          “Not me, but you. You have to meet your dad, hyung. He sounded so serious and angry. Go to him.”

 

          “But, I couldn’t leave you, Youngjae-ah.”

 

          “I’ll be fine. I’ll call you if there is anything happen. Okay?”

 

          “But…”

 

          “Hyung.”

 

          “Alright. I promise I’ll be right back. Just rest and promise me that you will call me if anything happen, okay?” he nodded. I kissed his forehead before heading to the bathroom.

 

          As I was about to leave, Youngjae grabbed my hand, “Promise me you will come back home safe. I’ll be waiting for you.” I nodded. He leaned closer and peck my lips, “I love you, hyung.” He said. With that, I felt that he encourage me and lift up my mood. I smiled and waved to him as I drove away.


 

          My dad was furious and talking bull about how I behaved for the past six months. He was so disappointed at me, first because I called off the engagement, second because I left the company, third because I left home, fourth because I didn’t contact him, fifth because I had a boyfriend and been hiding him, and sixth because I fought with Mr. Lee’s son. I thought that the list was still long. I didn’t even hear him anymore as I just stood in the middle of his office and watching him walked back and forth.

 

          “Jaebum, who was your boyfriend?” –he suddenly asked, caught me off guard.

 

          “My boyfriend is Youngjae, Choi Youngjae.” –I answered as I pressed the word ‘is’.

 

          “I want to meet him. Is he health enough?”

 

          “What for? He still is sick.”

 

          “I just want to know him. Is he good enough for you?”

 

          “He is the best.”

 

          “That’s what Mark told me.”

 

          “You met Mark?” –I asked, surprised.

 

          “Yes. Yesterday. First, he told me that you has boyfriend and had changed so much. He told me that I should meet him. He also told me that he is the best for you and that you love each other so much. But, second I heard that you fought with Mr. Lee’s son and that he was beaten by you.” –he said as he sat down on his chair and point me to sit across him. I sat, didn’t know why this conversation turned in to this topic.

 

“I beat him up because he bullied my boyfriend, dad. I was there to protect my boyfriend.” –I sternly said to him, looking straight to his eyes. He just chuckled. I dumbfounded.

 

“What’s so funny?” –I asked him. I watched him as he calmed himself.

 

“You took after me for that, being possessive and protective.” –he calmly said.

 

“Of course, dad. He is my boyfriend and I should protect him no matter what.” –I said, pitch a bit high.

 

“I know, Jae-ah.” –he called my name. I felt a stir in my heart as he called my nickname.

 

“Tell me more about him.”

 

“Huh? Why?” –I didn’t prepare for this sudden turn.

 

“I want to know more about him before I meet him, right? I don’t want to meet him unrepared, Jae.” –he excused. I took a long sigh.

 

“But, promise me, dad. That you won’t hurt him or I’ll disappear forever.” –I warned him.

 

“You know me, Jae. I’d never go that low.” –he assured me.

 

Once again, I took a long and deep sigh as I began telling the story.I never knew that my father has such interest about my private life. He asked more about Youngjae and I told him more. For the first time in my life, I felt he was my father; my father whom I loved so much when I was a little kid.

 

          “He seems amazing.” –my dad commented after hearing my story about Youngjae. “And he is sure capable to change you, Jae.” He added. His voice and gesture was a lot more calm and soft. He sure was my father that I knew.

 

          “I know.” –I shortly replied him. My phone was ringing.

 

          “Youngjae.” –I said.

 

          “Pick it up. He must be needed you.” –he said as he opened some documents.

 

          “Hello?”

 

          “Hyung, are you okay?”

 

          “Yes, I am okay.  Are you feeling better? Did you rest well?”

 

          “I am better after resting, but I couldn’t help to worry about you since your father seemed so angry with you. Are you really okay, hyung?”

 

          I chuckled, “Yes, Youngjae. I am really okay. And honestly, I am never feeling better than this.” –I said as I stole a glance over my dad. He smiled even though he still focused on the documents. I knew he could hear Youngjae’s voice.

 

          “Glad to hear that. I hope everything okay. Come home soon. I miss you.” –he said.

 

          “I’ll be home soon. Take a good rest. Is there anything you want? I can buy it for you on the way home.”

 

          “No. I don’t want anything. Just come home safely.” I nodded.

 

          “Alright. See you soon. I love you.” –I hung up upon hearing him whined. I chuckled a little, didn’t realize that my dad looked straight at me.

 

          “Oh, dad.”

 

          “You should be home soon, Jae. Go.” –he said. I stood up and bowed to him. As I walked to the door, he called me, “Jae-ah…” he said as he walked towards me and suddenly hug me, “I am happy for you. Don’t forget, I want to meet Youngjae.” He whispered to my ears. I smiled up, “Yes, dad. Thank you.” And I left the office with a light heart.


 

a.n: So, how was this chapter?

I was in a good mood while writing this chapter. Kkkk~

 

Thank you very much and love you all. Have a great day!