Ch. 6

When I Met You
Chapter 6
 
It’s been three months since Youngjae’s mom gone. Youngjae wasn’t fully recovered, but he slowly began to be brighter day by day. I always made sure to stay by his side.
 
We lived in Youngjae’s house now since my father was furious because I ran off from the engagement ceremony. He took my apartment even though that was my apartment. At first I want to rent a smaller apartment with my saving, but Youngjae said that he was more than glad to have me in the house. So, I moved in with him. And I also stopped coming to the office and began my new occupation as a dancing teacher. I taught in the same school as Youngjae, he was for vocal and piano, while I was for dancing.
 
Youngjae used to sleep in his mom’s room and I would sleep in his room. But, sometimes we slept together when one of us felt lonely. Today he couldn’t go home since he had a camping with his friends. Actually I didn’t want to stay home alone, but I had no choice.
 
Youngjae offered me more than once to come with him, but I refused as I have to grade my students’ projects.
It was around 10pm that I finally finished grading the projects. I felt so tired and I immediately went to the bedroom, Youngjae’s bedroom.
 
I sat on the bed, facing the window. I was thinking about Youngjae again. I couldn’t stop myself from thinking about him. All about him was perfect. I wondered when I have the courage to ask Youngjae out and confessing my feeling. I knew that Youngjae had known my feeling, but I felt like I hang him up since I didn’t put it into words which was confused Youngjae also.
 
Just like a destiny, my phone rang. I looked at the caller id on the screen. Youngjae <3. I smiled like a fool before answering his phone.
 
“Hello?”
 
“Hyung? Are you okay?” –Youngjae immediately asked. Worried, obviously.
 
“Yes, I am okay. Why won’t I?” –I chuckled as he sounded impatient and worried.
 
“Hyung! I am being serious here.” –he said. I kept chuckling. I could imagine his face with cute pouting and cute serious expression. Damn, I missed him so much!
 
“Yes, Youngjae. I am fine. Why are you asking? Aren’t you in the camping site?” –I asked him, still a bit chuckled.
 
“Huh… okay then. I am worried for nothing.” –he muttered.
 
“What? Are you worrying me now?” –I .
 
“N-no… It’s just, I-I feel… Oh, forget it.” –he quickly said. I wondered what he would say.
 
“You feel what, exactly?” –I curiously asked him.
 
“Nothing. I heard a forecast just now and they said that there will be rain and a bit storm tonight. I just want to make sure that you are safe at home. You are at home, aren’t you?” –he asked me suspiciously.
 
I laughed out loud. “Hey, Youngjae, what am I? Five? I am at home and safe. I won’t suddenly die while being alone here, even I miss you now.” –I said lightly, muttered the last words, but he caught me as he said, “I miss you too, hyung. Uh, why are we so cheesy again?” –I heard he laughed out loud. I missed his laugh.
 
“Youngjae…” –I called him, seriously. He immediately became quiet. I took a sigh before continue, “Later. I will talk to you later, okay?” I guessed it wasn’t the best time to say my feeling. It’s better to say it in front of him, face to face.
 
“Okay, hyung. I have something to tell you too. So, stay safe until I come back home.” –he chuckled. I nodded.
 
“Bye, hyung.”
 
“Bye, Youngjae.” The line was cut off. I gripped the phone and threw my body on the bed before jumping up upon the thunder’s sound. Youngjae was right about the storm, I thought. Then, suddenly the rain poured down along with thunders. I shivered and got to the bed, wrapped my body tight with the blanket. Tonight, I wouldn’t get any sleep.
 

 

It was in the midnight that I heard a light knocking on the door. I was too afraid to move an inch, so I just sat on the bed and kept myself safe with wrapping my body more with blanket. I was so scared and I silently cried. The room was so dark since I didn’t dare to turn the lights on. 
 
For once I wanted to call Youngjae, but he was far away and still with his friends, it would be rude if I disturb him since he deserved something to distract him from his gloomy self.
 
The sound of the door being knocked still could be heard. I wondered who it was since it’s midnight. And not too long, the door on my bedroom was open. I screamed my lungs out as I threw a pillow to the figure. 
 
“W-who are y-you?” –I asked behind the blanket, stuttering, couldn’t hide my scare and trembling voice.
 
“Hyung?” 
 
“Y-youngjae?” –I took a small glance towards the figure as he turned the lights on. I squinted my eyes to adjust with the sudden light. And sure enough, Youngjae was standing there. I couldn’t help myself again as I ran towards him and hugged him tight. I jumped a little upon the sound of a big thunder.
 
“Youngjae-ah… Youngjae-ah…” –I kept muttering his name. He hugged me tight.
 
“Ssh, it’s okay, hyung. I am here.” I calmed a bit as he took me in to bed. We sat on the bed, still hugging. I buried my face in his chest. At the time like this, I didn’t even care that I was the hyung that shouldn’t act like a little kid.
 
But, Youngjae being Youngjae, just hugging me tight without questioned it a single bit. He patted my shoulder, wrapped me around my waist, pulled me closer to him.
 
“Hyung? Are you better now?” –he asked, voice low with concern. I couldn’t speak, so I just nodded.
 
“Let’s stay like this for a while.” –he said, I only nodded. I needed his warmness, so I snuggled closer to him. We lied on the bed, hugging tightly as the sound of the thunders still could be heard clearly, like a war. He tugged me to sleep though. Because the next thing I knew, I was waking up to the shine of the sun that in through the windows. I didn’t even had the chance to ask why he was suddenly come back home.