Ch. 21

When I Met You

 

Chapter 21        

 

  Night fell deeply and quickly today. I, my father, and Youngjae were in silence. We’ve just arrived at home after visiting my mother and Youngjae’s parents’ graves. We were sitting on the couch, no one dare to open their mouth. This house was a bit spooky without a single sound, except our breaths.

 

          We stayed like that, in the complete silence for a good two hours, maybe more, until Youngjae opened his mouth.

 

          “Thank you for everything, dad.” He said, almost like a whisper, but loud enough to gain my father’s attention.

 

          My father let a sigh, “Youngjae-ah… no need to thank me. I just do what I should do for a really long time ago.”

 

          “Yes, I know, dad. But still… thank you for everything.” He said as he lifted his head to look at my father. They smiled to each other, understanding each other more than everyone knows.

 

          I cleared my throat as I remember to ask my father about our plan to adopt a baby.

 

          “Hm, dad… I know it’s out of the topic, but I and Youngjae are wondering if you will give us permission to adopt a baby. I’ve talked about it before on the phone, right, dad?” I said. My father nodded before he closed his eyes, thinking for a while. I stole a glance to Youngjae which Youngjae too staring at me with his hopeful eyes.

 

          “Youngjae-ah…” my father opened his mouth.

 

          “Yes, dad.”

 

         “You still have a semester to go, right?” he asked as he opened his eyes. Youngjae nodded.

 

          “I think it’s best to finish your study first than having a baby of your own. I just don’t want you to get preoccupied with baby and abandon your study. Do you understand me?” Daddy said softly. I could feel Youngjae gazed at me.

 

          “Hm… but, dad… really? Can we get a baby around this time?” I asked again.

 

          “Jaebum-ah… Youngjae-ah… I don’t forbid you to adopt a baby. But, having him right now isn’t the best time. To take care of a child isn’t an easy work. You too still have other responsibility. Youngjae should finish his school first before being a dad and you have to work hard too. Right?”

 

          “Dad… after I graduate, we can adopt a baby, right away?” Youngjae hesitantly asked.

 

          “Yes. Just until you graduate, Jae. You sure know how hard it is to take care of a baby, right?”

 

          “Yes, dad. I understand. Hyung, let’s halt our plan for a while.”

 

          “Are you okay with it, baby?”

 

          “Yes. I am okay.”

 

          “Alright. We can have our own baby after you graduate.” I smiled to Youngjae.

 

          “And… about our wedding, dad?” I asked my dad.

 

          “Oh, for the wedding. I want you to have the wedding as soon as possible, because I want Youngjae to be part of our family as soon as possible.” He simply said, leaving Youngjae shocked.

 

          “Dad?” Youngjae called him.

 

          “Yes, son? Why? You don’t agree?”

 

          Youngjae shook his head frantically, “No! I like it. Thank you!” he said as he hugged my father.

 

          “Yes, dad. We will get married soon.” I said, feeling a stir on my stomach as I said that words. I will get married soon. With Youngjae.

 

          “Let me take care of everything.” My father said. Knowing him so much, I just nodded, giving the signal to Youngjae who soon joined me agreeing his statement.

 

          “Okay, dad. We trusted you.”


 

 

          My father, or I should call him our father, stayed for a night and leaving in the early morning. He should catch a flight. He only said his goodbye to me since Youngjae was still in his deep slumber. He knows it though, because he told Youngjae last night. After sending my father to the airport with his driver, I walked again to the room, continuing to cuddle up with Youngjae.

 

          I fell in the deep sleep until I felt Youngjae nudged my shoulder.

 

          “Hyung… wake up.” He softly said in my ear.

 

          “Hyung…” he attempted again. I ignored him. I heard him for the first time, but I just want to know what he will do to wake me up.

 

          “Hyung… wake up. Hurry or the breakfast will get cool soon.” He shook my body gently. I ignored him again.

 

          “Hyuuuuunnngggg!!!!” he yelled.

 

          “Aish… are you kidding me? Look who is the deeper sleeper now?” he whined. I almost chuckled at his cuteness. He must be frustrated.

 

          “Hyuuung… if you don’t wake up now, I will-” I cut his words as I pulled him made he laid on my chest.

 

          “What will you do, baby?” I asked him, staring to his deep brown eyes.

 

          He smiled saying, “This!” He simply said as he closed the gap of our lips. It’s a sweet kiss. I hugged him tighter as I deepened the kiss. He was breathless because he lightly hit me. I pulled away from the kiss. He breathed heavily.

 

          “Now, wake up.” He said as he snuggled to get out of my embrace. I laughed at him again as he dazed to the dining room. I stretch a bit and smelling something sweet. “He smelled nice.” I mumbled.


 

 

          “Baby, when will the guys come?” I asked him as we were resting on the couch.

 

          “Don’t know. Jinyoung hyung said they will wait for Mark hyung first because Mark hyung has a meeting this afternoon. Hm, probably they will get here at dinner time.” I nodded.

 

         “Hm, hyung… should we prepare dinner for them?” Youngjae asked. I thought for a while.

 

          “Well.. I think it’s better to prepare a dinner on our own.”

 

          “Yeay.. so, let’s go to the mall now, hyung!” Youngjae excitedly said.

 

          “Let’s go!”

 

          We arrived at the mall and Youngjae immediately fleeing around, here and there. He was so excited. I laughed watching him so excited.

 

          “Hyung, look at this.”

          “Hyung, should we buy this?”

          “Hyung, I want this.”

          “Hyung, can you buy me this?”

          “Hyung, look!”

          “Hyung…”

          “Hyung…”

          “Hyung…”

 

          I lost focus. I’ve been so tired while Youngjae was still energetic as usual. We’ve done shopping for the dinner, but Youngjae wasn’t satisfied as he wandering around the mall, sightseeing, windows shopping. I just followed him behind.

 

          “Hyung! Look!” Youngjae grabbed my arms, dragged me to the baby’s shop.

 

          “Look, hyung. It’s so cute. I can’t wait to have our Gyeomi wear this shirt. I bet he will be cute.” Youngjae said excitedly as he took a cute baby shirt.

 

          “Ehem.. so, this is your fiancée now?” a woman’s voice rose my focus again. I know that voice so well.

 

          “Uh, Yoona noona. An-anyyeonghaseyo!” Youngjae hesitantly greet her.

 

          “I don’t know that you will take this boy to be your fiancée and left me, Jaebum. I thought you are smart, but I think you are stupid enough to have your eyes closed. How can you choose him over me?” she harshly said.

 

          I felt Youngjae looked at me with a sad eye. I walked to him and grabbed his hand.

 

          “What do you want?” I asked harshly.

 

          “You sure are going low, Jaebum, for choosing this brat. Huh, what he offer you?”

 

          “Enough! Get lost now!” patience grew thin.

 

          “No, I don’t have enough. I want to tell everyone how much you hurt me by leaving me alone on our engagement day! Our ing engagement day, Jaebum! And you choose HIM! Over me! He is just a parentless boy. Oh, I know, you choose him because you pity him, right? I know you don’t love him! You just sympathy for him because his mom’s gone on our engagement day and his father also died. They left him alone. How pity you are, Choi Youngjae!! Jaebum doesn’t love you. It isn’t love! It is pity. How stupid!” she began blabbering and yelling, making everyone stopped on their tracks to watch her. I felt Youngjae trembling. He must be hurt.

 

          “You must be crazy, Yoona. Do you want to know something? I never love you and you never be loved by anyone, because your attitude is just… .” I simply said.

 

“Yes, I must be crazy. And you are as crazy as me for choosing him. He is just a parentless boy, Jaebum! Open your eyes. He is ugly and not popular. You wreck your father’s business by being selfish.”

 

I lost my patience as Yoona kept mentioning about Youngjae being parentless. Unconciously, I held up my right hand, ready to slap her, but Youngjae blocked me away. He grabbed my hand down and interwinded it with his.

 

“No, hyung. You can’t hit Yoona noona.” Youngjae sternly said, leaving me dumbfounded. I knew he must be hurt, but how come he took her words just fine. He took a step closer to Yoona. I was about to say something again, but Youngjae began to talk.

 

“Noona, I don’t want to be rude or anything. I am sorry that you broke your engagement with Jaebum hyung. But, you must know this. Jaebum hyung doesn’t love you. He loves me and only me. And for my parents, they are the best, even though they left me early, they sure left me a good lesson how to treat people around me which I assumed you didn’t get from your parents. And by the fact that a high class woman like you treat other poorly, I know that everyone here can judge you fairly who you are actually. And, don’t pity me. Because, the right thing is I pity you, noona. I hope you can find someone else so you can stop disturbing my private life with Jaebum hyung. Have a nice day, noona! Excuse us now.” Youngjae smiled to her before dragging me out.

 

He stopped his track, making me bump in to him. He turned his body to face Yoona again as he said, "Oh, I forget something. Jaebum hyung and I will get married soon. We have his father's bless. So, please mind your own bussiness, Yoona-shi." he boldly said as he pressed the word 'Yoona-shi'.

 

He left me and Yoona speechless for different reason.

 

    In the car, Youngjae kept silent. We just sat on the car. I know Youngjae must be hurt by Yoona’s words, but seeing how he handle the situation was still amazed me. He was great and genius for not falling in to the same lower hole as Yoona.

 

          “Youngjae-ah… are you okay?” I asked him. I couldn’t help but being over worry about him. I took his hand. His hands were cold.

 

          “Baby… Wow, I don’t know what should I say. You are amazing, baby. I am very proud of you.” I stared hard at me. He stared at me to. We stared for a while before he broke our stare.

 

          “Kiss me.” He simply asked. I obeyed him.

 

          “You know how to lift my mood, hyung.” He said between the kiss. I noticed his playful side.

 

          “Yes. Let’s go home.” I simply said, pulling away from the kiss. He began to smile.

 

          “I promise, that no one can hurt you again, baby. I am sorry.” I sincerely apologized.

 

          “I am okay. I know that you will keep your promise, hyung. And I know you love me. And I love you too.” He said. I took his hands, squeezed it a while.

 

          “I love you.” I simply said as I leaned on to him to briefly kissed him again before driving to home. I am ready to lift Youngjae’s mood.


 

a.n: Oh, my God! I tend to make this story short, but it's been the 21st chapter.

I should end it soon before you get bored. Hahaha.

 

Hope you enjoy this chapter. ^^