Ch. 8

When I Met You

Chapter 8

 

I sat on the couch as Youngjae took his shower in the bathroom. Youngjae’s sudden mood change was bothering me a lot. I kept thinking what have I done wrong to him. He was okay for a minute then not okay for another minute. Sometimes, Youngjae was so hard to be understood.

 

          I played the games on my phone. Youngjae was still in the bathroom. He surely took his time so much. I knocked on the bathroom door since I worried about him.

 

          “Youngjae-ah… are you okay?” I put my ear on the door. I could hear the water running, but among that sound, I thought that I heard a fainted cry also. I knocked again. And this time Youngjae responded me, “Y-yes, hyung. I-I am fine. A-almost done.” –I heard his voice. He sounded different, like muffled his voice. Then I heard a knock in the front door, definitely the trio. I walked to open the door.

 

          I jumped a little as Jackson suddenly hugged me, “Buddy! I miss you!” –he yelled out loud. I laughed with his antic. I noticed that he came alone.

 

          “Are you alone?” –I asked as I moved a bit, inviting him to enter the house.

 

          “Yes. Mark and Jinyoung were so slow. I waited for them long enough. I got bored so I just come here first, leaving them.” –he said as he immediately threw his body on the couch.

 

          I was about to sat when I heard Youngjae called my name, “Jaebum hyung, could you help me take my towel. I forgot.” I left Jackson as I walked to his room and brought him the towel.

 

          “Here.” He opened the door a bit, reached out his hand and peeked his head. I was breathless as I saw his milky white skin. Youngjae was so beautiful with his wet hair.

 

“Hyung…” –he mumbled. I looked at him again. His face was a bit read. “The towel.” He said. I broke from my erted thought. It took a moment before I gave him the towel.

 

          “Jackson is here. Hurry up.” –I said to him before he closed the door. I walked to the living room, still feeling a bit hot with what I saw just now. I plopped my body on the couch next to Jackson, still daydreaming.

 

          “Hey, dude…” –Jackson waved his hand in front of my face.

 

          “Your face is red, you know.” –he said. I hit him with a pillow.

          “So, that was Youngjae, huh?” –he asked. I nodded.

 

          “Nice catch!” –he smirked and I hit him again.

 

          “By the way, you said that you were alone and he went to camping site with his friends.”

 

          I was about to answer him when Youngjae appeared, all dressed up. I felt my face burning again, and Jackson has to pinch my arm to pull me back to the reality. I cleared my throat as Youngjae sat beside me.

 

          “Jackson, this is Youngjae, my housemate. And Youngjae, this is Jackson. I told you about him before, right?” Youngjae nodded, reaching out his hand to shake Jackson’s hand, “Nice to meet you, Jacksooonnn…” –he trailed off before Jackson cut him, “Hyung. Call me hyung. I am older than you.” Youngjae chuckled, “Yes, Jackson hyung!” I felt that Youngjae was more relaxed now. I felt relieved.

 

          “Hyung, what do you want to drink?” –Youngjae offered Jackson.

 

          “Orange juice would be nice.” –Jackson said as he began playing games on the TV.

 

         “What about me?” –I said, pouting. He shook his head as he stood up went to the kitchen.

 

          “Youngjae-ah…” –I playfully called him as I trailed behind him to the kitchen.

 

          In the kitchen, I back hugged him again. He was more relaxed now.

 

          “Jae-ah…” –I sweetly called him. He didn’t answer me. He just focused on preparing Jackson’s drink.

 

          “Jae!” –I frustratedly yelled at him. He shocked for a moment before releasing his self and pecked my lips then headed back to the living room, leaving me dumbfounded.


 

          I went back to the living room with my own drink as I heard Jackson excitedly said, “Youngjae-ah, what did you use on Jaebum to be cute like that? It’s my first time watching him doing aegyo live!” Youngjae was chuckling loud as the door being knocked. “It must be Jinyoung and Mark.” I said as I walked to the door. I missed Youngjae’s quietness again.

 

          I opened the door just to step back home as Jinyoung literally jumping in to me, hugging me tight, “Hyung! I missed you so much!” –he exclaimed, not letting me go. I just nodded to Mark. We sometimes didn’t even need to exchange words.

 

          “Yah, Jinyoung-ah. Let go of me. You are heavy.” –I groaned.

 

          “Uh Uh Uh… No. I missed you, hyung!” –he kept clinging to me.

 

          “Jinyoung!” –I warned him and he released me. Only then I noticed that Youngjae was standing beside me. I couldn’t read his expression, but I more than know that he was faking his smile now.

 

          We all sat in the living room, began to open the food that Jinyoung bought. I kept staying close to Youngjae.

 

          “By the way, Youngjae, this is Mark and Jinyoung.” –I introduced them to Youngjae. Youngjae slightly nodded and offering them a bright yet awkward smile.

 

I helped Youngjae opened his food as I scolded Jinyoung, “Yah, Jinyoung-ah… why did it take you so long to come here? I was starving, silly!”

 

          “Who are you called silly, hyung? Aish, really. I should know that he only invited me here just for making fun of me.” –he said, pouting.

 

          “Don’t try to act cute in front of me. It doesn’t work.” –I smirked at him.

 

          “And you! You didn’t even tell me that Youngjae was home. Lucky that I bought more food for us.” –he scolded me back.

 

We kept bickering until Jackson butted in, scolded us both, “Yah! You two, stop with the couple fight. You are just like my mom and dad.” We became quiet after then. And Youngjae just ate in silence. I thought that he still felt uncomfortable around Mark and Jinyoung. He seemed to be fine with Jackson, but he suddenly became so awkward when Jinyoung and Mark came.

 

          After done eating, Youngjae offered himself to wash the dishes, saying that he was the homeowner and youngest. They began watching a movie as I walked to the kitchen to help Youngjae.

 

          “Hyung…” –he seemed a bit shock seeing me in the kitchen.

 

          “Jae-ah… why did you so surprise seeing me here?” –I chuckled as I took a plate from him.

 

          “Why don’t you join them?” –he asked, cold tone. I frowned, “They can play with them self.” –I said.

 

          We continued washing the dishes in silence. The only sound that could be heard was only the dishes’ and the laugh from the trio.

 

          I kept him in the kitchen as I wanted to talk more with him.

 

“Are you still feeling uncomfortable?” –I asked him.

 

“No, hyung. Why would I? They are so nice.” –he smiled as he walked passed me to the living room. I sighed before following him.

 

We were watching some movies and playing some games before Mark, Jinyoung, and Jackson were going back home. It was just me and Youngjae again in this house. Suddenly, it felt so awkward. We sat on the couch, sinking in our own thoughts.

 

I looked at Youngjae, moved a bit closer to him, then grabbed his hand, squished it before playing it a bit.

 

“Jae-ah… is there something that bothering you? You’ve been silence since this afternoon.” –I asked him. He briefly looked at me.

 

“No, hyung. I am just tired. So, I’ll sleep first.” –he said as he pulled his hand and stood up walking back to his room. I watched him, didn’t know what to do. It’s not even 7 pm and Youngjae suddenly wanted to sleep. It was our first day as a couple. I still wanted to spend more time with him.

 

So I decided to go to his room. I opened the door slightly and found Youngjae curled up on the bed with his eyes closed. He hugged his mother’s picture and there was a tear running on his cheek. I moved closer to him and sat on the bed, shook his body gently. Suddenly, he sobbed hard.

 

I lied my body next to him and lift his body slightly so he ended up on top of me. I soothed his back, trying to calm him down. He kept hugging the picture. I knew that he must be missing his mom again. Sometimes, I felt useless at the time like this. My boyfriend was crying hard yet I couldn’t do anything. I kept patted his back and arms, whispering sweet nothing to him, until we fell asleep.


 

a.n: I've just noticed that most of my stories had Jaebum's suffering.

In this story, I want to change it. Haha.

And, it's more easy to write it on Jaebum's POV because I can see Youngjae in Jaebum's prespective.

My bias is forever our sunshine, so... yep... I like imagining him. Haha. *no erted thoughts*

He's my baby brother. XD

Hope you enjoy.

 

Comments are always welcomed! ^^