Ch. 22

When I Met You

Chapter 22

 

We arrived at the house and since it was late, we immediately changed our clothes and began to cook. It most likely Youngjae who cooked.
 
“Baby, let me help you.” I insisted to help him, but he pushed me away to sit on the chair.
 
“No, hyung. You’ve been driving and I know that you are tired. Just get some rest before your friends come.” He sternly said as he back to the pan.
 
“Baby…” I whined. He turned a bit, glared at me, making me shut my mouth.
 
I stared hard at him, watching his perfect body line from behind. He was so beautiful even from the back. I watched as he moved around the kitchen to take this and that. He sure was so busy since he got no time to talk with me. I let a big sigh. And that got his attention. He briefly looked at me, smiling. I smiled back at him but immediately plopped my head back on the table. I kept staring hard at him.
 
“Baby, stop staring. I can feel your gaze at me.” he said, attention still focused on the foods he’s making.
 
“Huh?”
 
“I said, stop staring. Why don’t you just go to bedroom and have some rest. I’ll wake you up when I finished.” He turned his head for a while. I shook my head, no.
 
“No. I want to stay here. I don’t need sleep.” I insisted. But, a few minutes after saying those words, I knocked out. 
 
I felt someone tapped my back. I opened my eyes slowly and felt something slurred down. I realized that it’s a blanket. Youngjae must give me the blanket as I slept here.
 
“Hyung, are you awake? Your phone keeps ringing for a while. I can’t answer it since I am still cooking. It will be burnt if I leave,” Youngjae said as he still was cooking. I yawned a bit and walked towards him, giving him a kiss on his cheek. He pouted. I didn’t know why, but it’s just been my habit to kiss him after waking up.
 
I fold the blanket and walked towards the living room where I put my phone there. It was Jackson.
 
“Hello?” I said lazily. A yawn escaped from my mouth.
 
“Hyung? Are you sleeping?” Jackson’s voice echoed. I should put away my phone to less any damage.
 
“No. I am awake now.” I simply said.
 
“Suuurrreee… You were sleeping with Youngjae, right? Cuddle… cuddle… sorry that I disturb your beautiful times.” He said, teasing me a bit. I could hear Mark and Jinyoung's laugh.
 
“Youngjae didn’t sleep. He is cooking for you now. Come here, hurry.” I said.
 
“Hyung, we are on the way there.” Jackson said.
 
“Okay. I’ll be waiting for you.” I just wanted to hang up, but Jackson said, “Oh, hyung… please control yourself while we are there, okay? I don’t want my innocence ruin because of you and your baby boyfriend.” I couldn’t catch his words as I just quickly said, “Yes,” then hung up.
 
I walked towards the kitchedn again to inform Youngjae. He was still cooking. He looked so serious that he didn’t notice my presence. I tiptoed to him and surprised him with a back hug. He jumped a little before relaxing on my hug.
 
“You shocked me, hyung!” he scolded me. I just chuckled.
 
“You know, baby… you looked so beautiful in this apron. I am so lucky to have you.” I said as I kissed his cheek again.
 
“Hmmm… don’t say cheesy thing again, hyung. I’ve had enough.” He said.
 
“But, I am not enough. I will still rain you with cheesy comments and kisses.” I whispered to his ear seductively.
 
“Oh. I love your kiss.” He boldly said.
 
“Don’t tempted me, baby.” I warned him.
 
“No. I meant it, hyung. I love your kiss. But, I love you more if you move a bit because I feel suffocated here.” He said as he unlocked my grip.
 
After a pulling away, I couldn’t help myself as I got closer to him again, wrapping my hands around him again. He was magnetic. He kept pulling me to him again and again.
 
“Hyung…” he whined.
 
“You almost done, baby. Let me hug you for a while.” I said as I humming a sweet song in his ears, making him smile. I know he loves my voice.
 
“By the way, when the guys come, hyung?” he said as he turned off the stove. He was done cooking. We jumped a little as some voices joined us.
 
“We are here already, you love birds.” Jinyoung commented. I broke the hug to look at them.
 
“Hyuuuung!!” Youngjae immediately ran and hugged them.
 
“Yah! How could you enter this home?” I walked towards them.
 
“You left your door opened, silly.” Mark joined.
 
“Did I? Oh my God.” I exclaimed. Youngjae glared at me, muttered, “Hyung!” I awkwardly scratched my head, grinning.
 
“It’s good that us who entered your house. What if…” Jinyoung blocked Jackson’s mouth.
 
“Jinyoung-ah…” Jackson said annoyingly.
 
“Stop talking bad, Jackson. Will you?”
 
“Hey, guys. Enough for the fight. Aren’t you hungry?” I asked them.
 
“Yeah, starving.” Mark simply said as he rubbed his stomach. Youngjae just chuckled. We all headed towards the kitchen.
 
“Youngjae-ah… it’s good. You know how to cook.” Jinyoung praised him. Youngjae mumbled a thank you shyly.
 
“Jaebum is so lucky to have you.” Jackson said, half mocked me.
 
“Yeah, I am the lucky one.” I admitted.
 
“No. I am the lucky one, hyung.” Youngjae said, making me stared hart at him.
 
“Hello… both of you. It’s not a date, you know.” Jackson waved his hand in front of our face.
 
“Both of you are so lucky to have each other.” Mark concluded all. Nothing to argue with that sentence.

I and Youngjae took our turn to take a shower before joining the guys in the living room. Somehow, we were able bringing Youngjae’s comforters and placed it all around the living room. We prepared it for the guys because Youngjae didn’t have another room to offer. His old room would be too small for the three of them, beside they insisted that they wanted to sleep in front of the TV.
 
“So, hyung… I want to ask something.” Youngjae began the talk. We all looked at him.
 
“Is it something like truth-time?” Jinyoung asked. Youngjae nodded.
 
“Oh, how about we play ‘truth or dare’ game?” Jackson suggested. We all agreed. I disappeared to the kitchen to take an empty bottle.
 
As the youngest and the owner of the house, Youngjae got the chance to spin it first. The bottle spun for a while before it pointed to me. They all clapped.
 
“Truth or dare?” Jinyoung asked.
 
“I am going with truth.” I calmly said.
 
“First, my question: when did you fall for the first time for Youngjae?” Jackson asked an easy question.
 
“Hm… around my last college time when I heard his voice in the end-semester’s concert of Music major.” I simply said.
 
“But, at that time I didn’t know his name yet.” I added. “If that doesn’t count then… it most likely when I had a bad day and touring with the bus. That was the first time I saw Youngjae and I was amazed by his bright smile and personality.” I said, smiling like an idiot as I reminiscing about it.
 
“Uuuh… so cheesy.” Jackson comented. I laughed for him, “You asked the question, silly.”
 
“Second: I know that you love Bart so much. So, I am going to ask this. If you should choose one, which one do you choose: Youngjae or Bart? Answer it quickly.” Jinyoung asked.
 
“Youngjae, of course.” I said without hesitant.
 
“Third question: If Youngjae left you, what would you do?” Mark asked a serious question that I never think before.
 
“I… I…” I stuttering.
 
“Honestly, I never imagine it, Mark. But, if Youngjae left me, I probably will…..” I trailed off as I kept thinking, and there was just one word in my head, “… die.” They all gasped at my answer. I looked at Youngjae and squeezed his hands.
 
“I can’t live without you.” I said to him.
 
“Wow, I can’t believe that I get this honor, to hear and watch Jaebum hyung being so deep in love and so cheesy. Never in my life as long as I know Jaebum hyung, he say this words.” Jinyoung said. Youngjae blushed a little.
 
“Now, your question, baby.” I reminded him.
 
“Ummm… I can ask anything, right, hyung?” he asked me.
 
“Yes, baby. Ask me anything.”
 
“Hm… Why… Why do you choose me? Like what noona said, why do you choose me over her? You’ve got amazing fiancée before. Why do you choose me, hyung?” Youngjae hestitantly asked. His question left me speechless. Why do I choose him? He never asked this before. I couldn’t help but to think that he doubted my love for him again.
 
“Hyung, I am just curious. I don’t doubt your love for me.” he added, taking my hand and squeezed it. I looked at him hard as my mind was busy finding something to say. I closed my eyes and Youngjae’s face suddenly popped up. I opened my eyes again and looked in to his brown eyes. I walked to the room to take something.
 
“Hyung, where are you?” Jinyoung asked.
 
“Hyung, you have to answer his question.” Jackson added.
 
“Hyung… I am sorry…” I heard Youngjae whispered.
 
After a moment, I backed to the living room. Youngjae was hanging his head low. I thought that he must be sad because I didn’t answer him immediately.
 
“Youngjae-ah…” I softly whispered. I took his hand. He looked up at me.
 
“Hyung…”
 
“I will answer your question.” I said. He nodded.
 
“Close your eyes.” I ordered him. He stared at me briefly before closing his eyes. I pulled away a mirror and put it in front of him.
 
“Open your eyes, baby.” He slowly opened his eyes as he gasped a little, looking at the mirror.
 
“You want to know why I choose you, right?” I asked him. He nodded, confused.
 
“What do you see?”
 
“Huh?”
 
“What do you see here?” I asked him as I pointed to the mirror.
 
“… Me?” he hesitantly answered.
 
“Yes. You. Just you. The only reason is you, because of you being you, baby. No other reason.” I softly said to him. He looked at me. His eyes showed love and shining so brightly.
 
“Ugh, shiver…” Jackson said as he rubbed his body excessively. Mark and Jinyoung joined him.
 
“You and Youngjae are matched in heaven, hyung. So alike.” Jinyoung commented.
 
"I wish I was him." Jingyoung softly mumbled, but I still could hear him.
 
"Huh?" I looked at Jinyoung.
 
"What, hyung?" He asked.
 
"Oh, nothing." I thought that I must heard wrong.
 
“Anyway, Jae… what’s with the noona you mentioned earlier? Was it Yoona?” Mark asked, turned the topic. I and Youngjae explained to him about the situation this afternoon.
 
“Youngjae was so cool!” I complimented him again, grinning so wide.
 
“Yeah… sometimes I can be cool.” Youngjae sheepishly said.
 
“But, most of the time, you are cute!” Jackson blurted out, pinching Youngjae’s cheeks. 
 
“Yah!” I yelled to him as I lightly slap away his hand. “Don’t touch him, he is mine,” I warned Jackson. The others were chuckling as Jackson pouted.
 
“Ok. Let’s play the game again. Jaebum hyung, spin it.” Jinyoung came back to his sense quicker than us. We continued playing the game, until the one who left was Youngjae.
 
“Baby, truth or dare?” I asked him.
 
“Hm… I will go with… tru… dare!” He said.
 
“Are you really?” I doubted him.
 
“Yes!” he excitedly said. I watched as the three were discussing something. I know they were coming up with some crazy ideas.
 
“Baby, you know you can still change your answer,” I said. I pitied him because I didn’t know what they were up to.
 
“No, hyung. I won’t change it,” he sternly said. I sighed, “Okay.”
 
“Ehem… so, Youngjae, We have three missions. First, kiss Jaebum.” Jinyoung said. I glared at him. I watched as Youngjae nodded, understanding the first mission.
 
“On the lips,” Mark added. I looked at Youngjae again. We’ve never kissed in front of the guys. I slapped my face, shocked and embarrassed.
 
“The second mission: make an impromptu song.” Jackson said. Youngjae frowned a bit before nodding.
 
“The last mission: we will tell you on your wedding day. How?” Mark asked.
 
“Eiii, hyung… you can’t do this to me. Why on the wedding day?” Youngjae questioned it. So do I.
 
“Because… we need to prepare something.” Jinyoung said, they chuckled hard.
 
“It will be bad,” I mumbled.
 
“No, hyung. We won’t hurt Youngjae. It’s something good, you know. I bet you will like it.”
 
“What?” I gasped.
 
“Okay… let’s process the first mission!” Mark ordered. I looked at Youngjae. He seemed confidence about this truth or dare game. He scooted closer to me.
 
“Hyung, do you really want to see me kiss Jaebum hyung? Because I can’t stop when I start kiss him.” Youngjae sheepishly said. I grinned at him.
 
“No. We want to see it.” Jackson insisted.
 
“Okay. Don’t blame me though.” Youngjae lastly said before capturing my lips on his own. His kiss was sweet and gentle, just like this morning. And like he said, once he started, he won’t finish it soon. And by now, I was sure that the guys were closing their eyes, even Mark turned his body. 
 
Youngjae pulled away, breathing heavily. So do I. That was an amazing kiss. I should admit it.
 
“Hey, we are done, hyung. You can open your eyes now,” Youngjae said between the chuckled. Slowly they opened their eyes.
 
“Wow… you are so cool, Youngjae. Like a real man!” Jackson said as he wrapped Youngjae with his arm.
 
“… but I am a man, hyung,” Youngjae whined, making us chuckled.
 
“Right! The second mission: sing a song, you’ve just think.” Mark ordered.
 
“We’ll give you a full minute.” Jinyoung said as he looked at his watch.
 
“5… 4… 3… 2… 1… sing!” Jackson ordered.
 
“I~ love you… baby I love you. For a really long time.
I~ love you… baby I love you. I do… I do.” he sings, leaving us speechless.
 
It was just a simple word and melody, but enough to give me goosebumps.
 
“Wow… that was…” Jackson was speechless.
 
“… Great!” Jinyoung added.
 
“Yeah… definetly.” Mark joined.
 
“Baby…” I called him, still mind-blew by his voice.
 
“Hyung… hm, how was it?” He shyly asked.
 
“… I love it!” I softly said to him, making him blushing.
 
“Thank you.” he said.
 
“Youngjae-ah… why don’t you write a full song of that?” Jinyoung suggested.
 
“Yeah… we can help you.” I said.
 
“Really?!” Youngjae asked as his eyes were sparkling beautifully. We nodded.
 
“Just for your information, baby… we are so in to music too. And we did music too in our high school,” I informed him.
 
“I know, hyung. Your father told me,” he grinned. I understood him. My father, of course he would tell all about me to Youngjae. My father loves him so much.
 
“Alright! I and Mark will write the rap part!” Jackson excitedly said. Then, with that, we began to collect our ideas and write it on the paper.

 

 

Night fell deeply already and since I was so tired, I headed to the bedroom first, leaving Youngjae and the guys.
I almost in the dream land where I heard Youngjae screamed.
 
“Aaaaahhh, Jaebummie hyung! Where are you? The power is off. Hyuuung…” Youngjae whined.
 
“Hey, Youngjae, we are here with you. don’t worry.” Jackson assured him, but Youngjae still screamed.
 
“Jaebum hyung… I am scare… where are you?”
 
I defeated and walked to the living room with the light of my phone.
 
“Youngjae, I am here.” I said softly to him. youngjae hugged his knees and buried his face. The guys were surrounded him, but he didn’t moved a bit. I came closer to him and sit beside him.
 
“Youngjae-ah… baby?” I called him, wrapping my arms around his body.
 
“I am scare, hyung… don’t… don’t leave me,” he begged, hugging me.
 
“Shhh… I am here now. I won’t leave you.” I soothed his back.
 
“He is really your baby, JB.” Mark said. I looked at him.
 
“Even when we are here. He looked for you.” Jinyoung added.
 
“It’s almost midnight. Let’s sleep.” Jackson said. In the end, we all slept in the living room with Youngjae clinged to me. He didn’t open his eyes a bit.

 

 

I woke up to the sound of alarm. Youngjae was still sleeping beside me. he looked okay, so I left him to go to the bathroom.
 
“Hi, hyung!” Jinyoung greeted me softly, making me shocked.
 
“Oh my! Yah! Don’t greet me like that. I almost have heart attack.” I scolded him. he just chuckled.
 
“I’ll prepare breakfast, hyung.” He simply said as he dashed around to the kitchen.
 
“Okay.” I continued to walk to the bathroom. 
 
After I finished, I helped Jinyoung.
 
“Hyung, do you know?” he began as his focus still to the pan in front of him.
 
“What?” I asked back, chopped vegetables.
 
“I miss you.”
 
“What? Yah, talk properly!” I scolded him.
 
“I miss you being like this, hyung.”
 
“Huh?” he confused me. “What are you trying to say?” I asked again.
 
“You used to be like this in the past, hyung. You were a bright kid when I first met you. I like you, hyung, more than you know.” He simply said, leave me speechless. Jinyoung likes me?
 
“So, I guess I should say my thanks to Youngjae for bringing my Jaebum back.” He added.
 
“What do you mean, Jinyoung-ah?” I asked as I turned his body to face me.
 
“I used to like you before, hyung. But, since you are stupid, you didn’t notice it. I like you, hyung, even before Youngjae came to your life.” He confessed.
 
"Jinyoung-ah... are you drunk? You said a weird thing you know." I said, chuckled awkwardly before noticing his face. He was so serious.
 
“Did you really…” I paused.
 
“… like me?” I asked him.
 
“Yes. But…” there was a grunt behind us. We looked behind and found Youngjae stood not too far away from us. He smiled awkwardly to us.
 
“I… I… I… just want to drink.” He stuttered. I gazed at him as he moved to take a glass of water. Did he hear what Jinyoung said?
 
“Youngjae-ah… baby…” I called him, moved closer to him. His hand was trembling and the glass slipped from his hand. He quickly squatted down to pick the shattered glass on the floor while kept muttering a sorry.
 
“I am sorry. My hands were wet.” He simply said. I knew him better. He was nervous and from his voice sounded like he held back his cry. I knew it. he must heard my conversation with Jinyoung.
 
“Jae-ah…” I took his hand, but he ditched me and continued to pick the remain shattered glass.
 
“Ouch!” he wounded his hand. I took his hands and he ditched me again. 
 
“I am fine, hyung.” I saw a fresh blood on his fingers.
 
“Youngjae…” Jinyoung squatted beside him. Youngjae looked at him briefly.
 
“I am fine, hyung. I… I… just go to bathroom.” He stood up abruptly and leaving the kitchen. It’s just me and Jinyoung again.
 
“Do you think he heard what I said?” Jinyoung asked, concerned.
 
“Absolutely!” I bitterly said. “Why did you say it anyway? I mean… why now?” I asked him, looking at him seriously.
 
“Hyung, I am sorry.” He mumbled. I walked away from him to the bathroom. I should talk to Youngjae.

 

 

a.n: Hiii... sorry for the late update. I lost my data, so I have to write this chapter all over again.

And it's different with the original chapter that I wrote before.

I am not really satisfied, but... I hope you enjoy it.

 

Thank you ^^