Ch. 13

When I Met You

Chapter 13

 

It’s been 5pm and one hour to the opening stage of Youngjae’s performance. I didn’t know his turn number, he didn’t tell me. I did my best to drive early to his university.

 

          As I got out from my car, I called Youngjae, knowing he must be nervous.

 

          “H-hello? Hy-hyung?” –his voice’s quivering.

 

          “Youngjae-ah… are you okay, baby?”

 

          “Yes, hyung. I-I am good. Where are you?”

 

          “I am on my way to the auditorium. When will you perform?”

 

          “Hm… if there isn’t any delay or trouble, I’ll perform at 7.30, hyung.”

 

          “Good. I’ll be there and record your performance.” –I heard he chuckled.

 

          “Hyung?”

 

          “Yes?”


          “Hm… please, make sure you listen to my song.” –he stated. I felt a stir on my stomach.

 

          “Are you telling me that the song that you will sing is dedicated for me?” –I asked in awe.

 

          “Hm, well… yes… I prepared it for you, hyung. So, please listen to it carefully.” –he said.

 

          “Of course!” –I exclaimed happily, feeling my heartbeats increased.

 

          “Oh, one more!” –he said, a bit louder.

 

          “Yes?”

 

          “Next time, no biting, hyung. You know, I got teased from my friends because of you. You left marks on my neck.” –he said, annoying. I hung my mouth opened before giggling hard.

 

          “Ah, hyuuung…” –he whined, “I am being serious here.”

 

          I tried to calm myself down, “Okay, okay. I am sorry. I didn’t notice it though.” –I said, muffled my giggles. I really didn’t notice it, but now I imagine Youngjae with the love marks that I made. How could I?

 

He sighed, “Hung up now. We are gathering now, hyung. About to begin.”

 

          “Okay. Good luck, baby. I love you.” –I said as I hung up.

 

          I was arrived at the auditorium and sure the crowd here wasn’t a joke. There were so many people come to watch the performance. I remembered my old days here when I was still a student of this college and I came here to watch all the amazing performances.

 

I also remembered when I for the first time fell in love with someone only by listening to his voice. I still remembered his voice though, I couldn’t forget it. I bet he was a junior back then while I was on my last year. I have had known his name if I didn’t come late to watch the performance. When I arrived, he was half a way of his song and since I stood far away in the back, I couldn’t see his face either.

 

          Oh, my God! What did I do? I thought about someone else when I have Youngjae in my life. This wasn’t right. I mentally scolded myself. However, if I got the chance, I would like to hear his voice again.

 

          My trail of thoughts were broken by a loud chatting which coming closer to me. I turned my head and found Mark, Jinyoung, and Jackson walked towards me.

 

          “Hey, buddy! What’s up?” –Jackson greeted me. I grinned wide.

 

          “You look so happy, Jaebum.”

 

          “Mark!” –I exclaimed as I hugged him.

 

          “Jaebum hyung… where is my hug?” –Jackson whined. I chuckled as I pulled away from Mark to hug Jackson and Jinyoung.

 

          “Where is Youngjae, hyung?” –Jinyoung asked as he sat down next to me.

 

          “He is in the back stage. I talked to him a few minutes ago. He sounds so nervous. And that makes me nervous too.” –I said as I brushed my hand on my lap.

 

          “I bet he will do great.” –someone joined us.

 

          “Dad!” –I exclaimed. All of us bowed to him as he just chuckling and patted my shoulder. He took a seat beside me which Jinyoung had a few minutes ago.

 

          “Thanks for coming, Dad.” –I said as I looked at him in the eyes.

 

          “No problem, son. I am more than glad to see my son in law’s performance. Right, all?” –he said, asking to my friends. I was blushing over his words. Son in Law.

 

          “Of course, Mr. Im!” –they yelled out. We laughed together. We chatted cheerfully, talked about various things until we heard an MC opened the concert.

 

          “Youngjae will have his stage on 7.30, Dad.” –I informed him. “Is that okay with you?”

 

          He grabbed my hands and smiled at me, “Of course. I canceled all of my schedules to watch this concert. I am sorry that I didn’t make it when you joined the dance competition with Jinyoung back then in the high school.” –he apologized. I squished his hands and nodded.

 

          “Being with you now is more important than anything, Dad. I wish mom still with us.” –I said. My dad pulled me in to a hug, “I wish so, son. But, now, we will be great family again, right? With Youngjae joins us?” I nodded in excitement. Did it mean that he already accepted Youngjae? I smiled so wide.

 


 

          The concert began. I looked anxious to my watch. It’s just a few minutes before Youngjae’s performance. I sent him a message a few minutes ago, saying that everyone is waiting for him and good luck. He replied me with a smile emoticon. I thought that he must be nervous, just like me.

 

          “Don’t worry, hyung. Youngjae will do great.” –Jinyoung looked at me. I nodded, “I know it.” then, the MC back to the stage again to read the next performance.

 

          “And… finally, we will have our genius here and the one who won the highest score for the three consecutive semesters. Everybody, please welcome, Choi Youngjae!” –the MC said and I heard everyone clapped so loud. I smiled wide and knew that he would do great. He didn’t even tell me that he was the one who won the highest score for the three consecutive semesters. This boy!

 

          “It’s Youngjae, hyung!” –Jackson exclaimed excitedly. I laughed more and became more relax. Then, the big curtains opened, showing Youngjae sat in front of the piano. He looked amazing and mesmerizing with the light shined on him.

 

          “Annyeonghaseyo, I am Choi Youngjae. Hm, it’s nice to be on the stage again.” –he paused, smiling so bright to the crowd. I whispered to my Dad, “That’s my Youngjae, Dad,” smiled at him. He looked at me, smiling, “I know. He is beautiful.” -he said, “And cute.” –he added winked at me, chuckling. I was blushing a bit. His chuckle went louder as I awkwardly chuckled also.

 

          “I feel a bit nervous here because I have special someone watching me among this crowd. And it will be my first time sing in front of him.” –he admitted nervously and let a bit nervous laugh. I laughed with him. If I could, I want to hug him right now and giving the courage.

 

“Well, it’s been such a hard time for me, but I managed to overcome with it because of someone who always stays by my side. And for that someone, I know you are here, this song is for you. Please, listen to it well, baby.” –he said, smiling so wide. I could see his smiling face on the big screen. Everyone was clapping hard.

 

This song is for me. This song is for me. This song is for me. I kept repeating that phrase when Youngjae played his piano. And just with that, his voice echoed to the whole auditorium. Everyone seemed to be amazed by his voice. He began singing.

 

When I was young, it helped me build my dreams
My small playground that was my everything in my young world

My own world in the old photos
The wonderland in my memories that I dreamed of and played in

 

         

          “That was him!” –I said as listening to the first part of Youngjae’s song. His voice was the voice I remembered I fell in love with. “That was him!” –I said again, a bit louder to make my friends and my father looked at me.

         

Now I’m an adult so will you be my dream now?
I want to stay by your side and run around and play

 

You are my playground playground playground
In your heart, will I find that dream that I lost as a child?
You are my playground playground playground
I’ll find a love that is better than the one in my fantasies
You are my playground

 

 

I looked at Jinyoung, “Jinyoung-ah… I found him! Remember that I ever told you I fell in love with someone through his voice? I still remember that voice of him, Jinyoung-ah. That was him! That was Youngjae!” –I excitedly said to Jinyoung. Jinyoung gasped, “Hyung! No way!” Everyone who listened to me gasped.

 

 

The slide that I loved to go on as a child and the swings that made me fly high in the sky
Your soft eyes and your voice that makes my heart rush

So I want you be my only one, my eternal rhapsody
Now I realized that you are my wonderland

 

 

          “Wow, it’s like a destiny!” –Mark said.

 

          “I know right?” –I replied him, smiling like an idiot.

 

          “Hyung, I got a goosebumps!” –Jackson shivering. Me too. I felt my blood running fast all over my body, delivering the warmness to my heart and mind.

 

 

Now I’m an adult so will you be my dream now?
I want to stay by your side and run around and play

Spread out your hidden wings

Sprinkle your magic powder on me
We’ll hold hands and fly high

 

 

“I can’t believe it!” –I said again, shivering.

 

          “Son, what are you waiting for?” –I looked at my dad. “Come to him.” –he said, smiling. I nodded. I walked to Youngjae, sweeping the crowd until I came to the very front of the stage. Right here, I could see his face clearly. He looked so shining. I could be blind by his shine. My angel.

 

 

Everyday Everynight Baby you are my playground eternally forever
You are my playground
You are my playground You are my playground You are my playground
You are my playground

 


          Youngjae finished his song and got a little surprised to see me in front of him before smiling so wide. “That was you…” –I mumbled to him. I didn’t know if Youngjae could catch my words or no, but I could read his lips mumbling, “I love you.” to me. My world was shining so bright suddenly. I felt a bit dizzy by the fact that finally I found my muse and that was Youngjae. That doubled my happiness. I watched as Youngjae left the stage after bowing to the audiences.


 

          The concert ended. I still stunned by the reality. It hit me hard. I still couldn’t believe it. Jackson, Mark, and Jinyoung were waiting for Youngjae. We agreed to have a dinner together to celebrate Youngjae’s highest score, again. My father said that he wanted his presence to be a surprised tomorrow, so he went home before seeing Youngjae. It’s okay, though. I wanted it that way, kept it as a secret until tomorrow.

 

I called Youngjae to know his where about and he said that he was in the waiting room, still. I walked towards the backstage. I couldn’t wait to see him. I opened the door and saw him talking with his friends. He looked so happy. I walked towards him, wanted to surprise him before someone yelled, “Oh, my God! Are you Im Jaebum sunbaenim?” I looked at her, smiling, mentally slapped her because she ruined my plan. I looked at Youngjae’s direction who looked at me too before more people gathering around me.

 

I saw Youngjae giggling. I glared at him before smiling awkwardly to the crowd.

 

“Im Jaebum sunbaenim!”

 

“Jaebum sunbaenim, I couldn’t believe I see you here!”

 

“Are you really Im Jaebum?”

 

“Oh, my God! You are so handsome!”

 

“Be my boyfriend, please.”

 

“Jaebum sunbaenim, why are you here?”

 

They all spoke at the same time, making me a bit dizzy. I looked at Youngjae again, plead him to save me. He walked towards me.

 

“Hm, excuse me, girls! Don’t you think he feel uncomfortable with you all around him? He can faint if you surrounded him like this.” –Youngjae warned them before taking my hand and led me away. I didn’t miss the question looks on their face while Youngjae grabbed my hand.

 

“Thank you.” –I said as we got out from the waiting room.

 

“You sure are still popular with the girls, hyung.” –he said.

 

“Oh, are you jealous again, baby?” –I . He shrugged it off and locked his arms around mine, “No. Because I know that you are mine, hyung.” –he stated seriously, before smiling wide, “So, where are we going now, baby?” –he playfully dragged me.

 

“Dinner with everyone.” –I said, a bit confuse with his sudden action.

 

“Yeay, go to dinner!” –he exclaimed excitedly.


 

a.n: Anyone can guess the song that Youngjae sings?

 

Some chapters to go~~~~~ uwoww...

I want to ask, does any one interest on mpreg topic?

I am just curious... hehe

 

 

Have a great day everyone! ^^