Ch. 1

When I Met You

Chapter 1

 

It’s just like any other days, such a bored day. Sun was shining brightly and hanging up in the sky and yet I still in the office, doing nothing except playing games on my phone. After some minutes more playing games, I still felt bored to hell, throwing away my phone and taking my leave from my office room.

 

          “Hey, do I have any schedule now?” –I asked my secretary. My secretary looked at her agenda before answering me. She was used to my unmannered behavior.

 

          “Yes, Sir. You schedule to meet Mr. Yoon and his daughter on 2pm, which is one hour from now.” –she replied, faking her smile. I knew it all. I hated all. I hated my father who forced me to take a role in the office, taking control of the mall that he had. I hated my life because I couldn’t persuade my dream. Moreover, I hated myself for being weak and obedient.

 

          Without saying anything, I went back to my office, taking my phone and leaving the office. I knew that my secretary would think I headed to the meeting place, and that what she would say to my father. I smirked mentally laugh with my perfect schedule. I didn’t plan to meet Mr. Yoon and his “beloved”—and annoying, if I could add—daughter. Hell, no. Never. I would never waste my precious time just to sit, listening to the story Mr. Yoon would tell, bragging about his precious daughter, and smiling like an idiot. I better took my leave from now, strolling around Seoul.

 

          When I was a little kid, I always loved to take a bus, sight-seeing the city without any particular destination. Just took a bus and let the bus took me where ever. I missed that moment. So, I decided to take a tour with the bus, leaving my expensive car in the nearby shop.

 

          Not too long, the bus arrived. I got to the bus and took a seat in the second row from the driver, my favorite place since kid. From this seat, I could see through the big window in front of the driver and the window beside me. For the first time of the day I felt happy.

 

          I opened my phone and took my earphone to listen to some songs. In the time like this, my life was like a music video, a beautiful music video and my life was never better than this. I felt this was my life, the life that I wanted.

 

          The bus stopped in the next stop and a bright boy got to the bus, smiling so bright. And by then, my world was stopping. I was stunned by the bright smile that the boy had. I clutched my chest, suddenly feeling hard to breaths and felt my heartbeat increased when I heard the boy voiced up.

 

          “Annyeonghaseyo, ahjussi! This is for you.” –the boy said as he gave the driver a can of coffee. The driver took it.

 

          “Annyeong, Jae-ah. Long time no see. I see your habits still the same. Thank you.” –the driver called him “Jae”, just like the part of my name. I kept my eyes fix on the brown haired boy as he took the seat behind the driver, just right in front of me.

 

From this angle, I could see clearly a mole perfectly lying on the brunette’s neck and his short-cut and brown hair was looking amazing and perfectly fit with his pale skin. I kept my eyes long enough till I forgot that I had my phone ringing. The brunette boy turned his head to look at me. Our eyes met.

 

          “Hey, your phone is ringing. Aren’t you going to pick it up?” –the brunette said in low tone, not fail to give his eye-crescent smile. Realizing that I must be looking like a fool, I smiled back to him and took a glance to my phone. My father. Probably just wanted to ask my where about and why I didn’t show up in the meeting place. I really didn’t want to pick it up, so I just turned it off. I didn’t realize that the brunette still has eyes on me until I catched his eyes again.

 

          “What?” –I asked, my voice sounded thin and annoying in my ears. So, I cleared my throat and asked the boy again in full-manner, something that I never did.

 

          “What are you looking at?” –I mentally slapped my head as my words seemed a bit arrogant and annoying. But, the boy just shrugged it off as the driver talked to him.

 

          “Jae-ah, tomorrow is my daughter’s birthday. Would you like to come?” –the driver asked the boy.

 

          “Oh, Ahjussi. I’m so sorry, but I think I can’t. I have to accompany my mother checks her health. Say my sorry to Dahyun, please.” –he answered.

 

          “Of course, Jae-ah. I will convey your message. Dahyun said she missed you so much and really hope you to come to her birthday, but it’s okay. I’ll give her explanation. Hope your mother gets well soon.”

 

          “Thank you, Ahjussi. I miss her too. I’ll come over after accompany my mother.”

 

          “No need, Jae-ah. Just stay right beside your mother. Your mother needs you.” –the driver assured him, still focusing on the road.

 

          “Okay. Thank you, Ahjussi.”

 

          If I could tell, this was the first time I evasdropping a conversation. And this was also my first time hearing a bus driver talked with his passenger, not something forbidden though, but it was just rarely seen any drivers talked. I wondered who the boy was, did he have some relationship with the driver? They looked so comfortable around each other.

 

          When I was drowning in my mind, the boy gets up and saying his thank you to the driver. I only realized the boy disappeared when an ahjumma took his seat before. I let a sigh. I really didn’t know what’s wrong with me, but sure the boy attracted me more than I realized.


 

a.n: So, this is the first. I'll update again later.

Tell me what you think? Hehe.

 

Once again, I must say this: English isn't my mother's language, so there will be a lot mistakes about grammar and vocabularies.

 

Enjoy and have a nice day! ^^