051

You And Only You

*2 weeks earlier*

"Thank you for the sudden unannounced dinner?" Kyungsoo said when they arrived in front of his apartment.

 

"No problem." Junmyeon replied with his usual friendly smile. "Urm..Kyungsoo, actually I took you out today because I have something I want to tell you." suddenly, the elder started shifting around.

 

"Yeah?" Kyungsoo's eyes widened when Junmyeon suddenly ceased the distance between them to put his lips on Kyungsoo's with his one arm coiled around the younger's waist. It happened so fast that Kyungsoo was so still for a few seconds before his sense came back.  He then instantly pushed the older back in shock.

 

"Hyun--hyung." He muttered with both of his hands still held up in front of him. Junmyeon just smiled sadly.

 

"I just want to take this as a farewell gift." Kyungsoo was frowning as he asked.

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

"I am transferring to Newyork branch." The younger was surely out of words. "There is a position opened there so with uncle’s permission, I’m transferring there.” Kyungsoo stammered as he tried to find the right words to say.

 

“But---but what about everyone here? Are you gonna leave everything behind?” Junmyeon sighed.

 

“I kinda want to start things over somewhere,you know…Maybe find someone who loves me back.” He teased but Kyungsoo couldn’t help but felt guilty.

 

"I'm--I'm sorry,hyung." Junmyeon took his hands into his own and looked at him with sincere eyes.

 

"Kyungsoo, please for me, make things right with Jongin." He said,patting his hands.

 

"I----"

 

"He needs you." Junmyeon continued and let go of his hands. “He really does.”

 

-------------------

"I made you a chicken broth. You should eat it while it's still hot." Jongin just looked at him with bored eyes and sighed not too secretly.

 

"I am not hungry." He said, letting out a short cough after.

 

"You’re sick! You need to eat something so that you could take medicine after." Kyungsoo replied with a small smile, remained unbothered by the younger's obvious bad mood.

 

"At pleast eat a little,Jongin." Jongin glanced at the tray, which Kyungsoo was holding, with the steaming hot bowl on it. "Please???" Kyungsoo pleaded again.

 

Jongin clicked his tongue and he waved his hand in dismissal which clashed with the tray, spilling the hot broth both onto the silver tray and onto Kyungsoo's hands. His pale hand instantly turned red. Jongin’s hand automatically moved towards the other’s now red hand but stopped mid way. Yet, he couldn’t the worried look on his face.

 

"It’s fine!" Kyungsoo, concealing the sudden sharp pain with a warm smile when he saw Jongin's face. "I will just leave it here with the medicines. Don't forget to take it. Also, we need to change the bandage too. Don’t worry. The doctor told me how to do it perfectly." He tried to lighten up the mood but the younger only nodded back slowly.

 

"Why are you doing this?" Just when the older was nearly out of the room, Jongin suddenly asked. He looked back at him with sincere heart-shaped smile.

 

"Because I love taking care of you,Jongin-ah"

-------------------

 

Kyungsoo rushed to open the front door to reveal the familiar face. Chanyeol.

 

"Hey!" He greeted friendly with his usual wide grin. "How's Jongin?" He asked,taking off his shoes.

 

"Better,I guess. Go in, he's in his room." The taller nodded and patted Kyungsoo's shoulder before going in.

 

And Kyungsoo just went back to continue reading the book he brought with him.

 

 It was only about 30 minutes later that Chanyeol came out with a tray in his hand which made Kyungsoo beamed up.

 

"Did he eat it?" Chanyeol nodded with a smile. "He also took the medicine and said he's gonna rest for a while." Kyungsoo smiled widely at that.

 

"Kyungsoo....." He trailed off after he came to stand beside Kyungsoo,who was now doing the dishes. "Do you think you are doing the right thing?" Kyungsoo stopped whatever he was doing.

 

"I don't know how to say because I am a friend of both of you guys." Chanyeol scratched his temple.

 

Kyungsoo wiped down the water on the nearby towel and sighed deeply. "I don't know what I'm doing either,Chanyeol."

 

"Are you guys hitting it off again?" The taller asked calmly after a while. Kyungsoo let out a dry chuckle and shook his head.

 

"No....I can't--I can't do it,Chanyeol." The said man let out a very deep sigh. "Then why----"

 

"I know I shouldn’t do this! I know I shouldn’t even be around him by now but----but I love him,Chanyeol. So much." Chanyeol could see the sincere feelings clearly in Kyungsoo's wide eyes. "But we can't do this."

 

"Why not!?" He asked in confusion.

 

"Because his father!"The taller's eyes widened in surprise

 

"What?! Jongin's father!? What did he do this time!?" He exclaimed and Kyungsoo glared, shushing at him. He only spoke up softly after a few moments later.

 

"Do you remember the hyung I told you about? The one who lived in New York now?" Chanyeol's eyebrows furrowed together as he thought.

 

"Urmmmmm... Minsoon? Min---" He tried

 

"Minseok hyung. The one who took care of me since the orphanage days...." He trailed off while Chanyeol was on full concentration.

 

“He has a family now. One kid.” Kyungsoo smiled softly.

 

"You know that he helped me alot when I was in New York too. But the problem is that he happens to work at Kim corp. branch in NY." The tall male's mouth formed an O. "Do you see where this is going? Jongin's father…he had all of us wrapped around his finger.. Just because of me, I can’t let them all suffer.I can’t drag them into this mess.." Kyungsoo said with grieved expression. “And Jongin is much better off without me. I will only drag him down,Chanyeol….” Chanyeol groaned loudly.

 

“Are you serious, Do Kyungsoo!? Does he look much better now!? That kid has been putting so much pressure on himself!” He rubbed his face in frustration. “Seriously,Kyunsoo. You guys can’t keep secrets from each other all the time. You need to talk it out loud. Maybe together, you can find a solution.” He continued, now in a lower voice. “He at least deserves an explanation after everything. You can’t shut him out one moment then act all normal again all the time..” Kyungsoo was just quiet… But he was smiling sadly and thought about how Chanyeol was right. It had always been like that. They never tend to talk things and he kept running away while the younger was trying so hard in every ways just to be with Kyungsoo.

 

"I think it's no use doing that now." He muttered.

 

"What do you mean?" Kyungsoo shrugged.

 

"Jongin got his memories back yet he still showed..no change. I know this is really selfish, wanting him to--to i don't know-- have feelings for me again when I in return, can't do anything about this!" Chanyeol groaned loudly.

 

"Kyungsoo, you need to stop overthinking sometimes!" He just sighed and they both fell into silence.

 

"Anyway, I have to go back now. Consider of what I said,okay?" Chanyeol said, checking the watch.

 

"Okay.  I'm sorry for taking absentees from school. I will be back once I find someone right to take care of him." Chanyeol smiled and nodded before leaving.

 

-------------------

 

 

"Done." Kyungsoo said, as he perfectly bandaged back Jongin's injuried area. Jongin groaned softly as Kyungsoo helped him put that leg back on the bag. "Sleep well,okay? I will lock the front door and will come back early tomorrow. Just call me if you need something" he said, cleaning back the messes.

 

"You are going back?" Jongin's voice came out hoarse.

 

"Yes. But I will come back." Kyungsoo smiled softly,finally looking at Jongin who was really much thinner now.

 

"Let me see." He suddenly stepped up front and put his one palm over Jongin's forehead. " Not much fever left now." He smiled in satisfaction which slowly faded when met the younger's eyes which were looking up at him.

 

They both didn't know how long they had been in that position with Kyungsoo's hand on Jongin's shoulder, staring at each other. It was only when Kyungsoo whispered. "I…..I should go. Goodnight,Jongin"

 

-------------------

Kyungsoo exhaled deeply as he walked steadily to the station,eyes looking down on the pavement and not noticing the car that pulled up beside.

 

"Kyungsoo-sshi." His head snapped up to where the voice was coming and saw the elder Kim sitting in the black Porsche.

 

 

The pleasant Jazz played in a nearby cozy cafe not far from Jongin's apartment and there sat Kyungsoo awkwardly with his fingers wrapped around a glass of orange juice while Mr.Kim was in front of him.

 

His heart was thumping so fast, afraid that his rush decision to suddenly stay around Jongin was going to result in some serious consequences.

 

"Were you coming back from Jongin's?" Kyungsoo's heart dropped at that as he waited for the worst thing to happen like how Mr.Kim would tell him like  he was firing Minseok hyung from their NewYork branch. But it did not come.

 

Instead he heard the elser chuckled dryly. "I see I truly have come across to everyone as wicked and scary,huh?" For the first time that time, Kyungsoo saw the tiredness painted obviously on Mr.Kim's face. "I am actually here to apologize to you." He smiled sadly and Kyungsoo honestly had no idea what he was talking about.

 

"I have been very hard on Jongin especially after what his mother had done. I wanted and still want the best of him and in life that I put endless pressure without actually caring at what he thinks of what he wants. Till now.." He paused and sipped water from front while Kyungsoo remained silent. "I just want the best for him but I have been doing everything wrong. What he needs is someone beside him through out everything,not someone behind him pushing him around."  Mr.Kim looked up at him with a sad smile.

 

"I...I sincerely want to thank you for taking care of Jongin. And I hope you will always remained beside him." Kyungsoo frowned in shock as he shook his head. His lips opening and closing severa times but no words came out.

 

"I--I don't understand---why…why so  suddenly…I----"

 

"Please,I am sorry for everything I have done to you. Please stay beside Jongin. He needs you." Kyungsoo's head was spinning around and he did not know whether he was dreaming or not. For Mr.Kim to tell him all those...never in his life he had imagine...but now,what if Jongin had no feelings for him anymore...Every kinds of thoughts going around in his head which felt like exploding at this point.

 

"If you want me to beg on my knees, I will!" Mr.Kim had taken Kyungsoo's silence wrongly and he stood up and prepared to kneel which sent Kyungsoo into panic.

 

"No! No! Please don't,Mr.Kim. I will! I will--stay with him!" He whispered the last words. The older man suddenly held Kyungsoo's hands,patting them gently and he muttered endless thank you with which Kyungsoo could sense as sincerity. "I… I gave you two my blessing,Kyungsoo-sshi. I have been so foolish. So blind…."

 

 

That night,on the way back home with his head all fuzzy about the events that happened,he hit up Chanyeol with a text.

 

"Guess what happened? I got the approval....."

 

 

-------------------

 

Jongin sat silently and watch Kyungsoo roamed around the kitchen,humming some songs. It was one of his favorite sight yet his heart felt so heavy watching him because he knew Kyungsoo was apparently very happy yet he was not the one making him happy now anymore.

 

Speak of the Devil,Kyungsoo's phone on the counter started vibrating and Jongin's eyes automatically moved only to see his cousin's name displayed on the screen. Kyungsoo picked up the phone, excusing himself out of the kitchen area to go out to the veranda.

 

From not afar through the window, Jongin could see Kyungsoo smiling softly. Jongin's heart grew heavier and heavier as all the thoughts swam around in his head. The thoughts that Kyungsoo had moved onto someone else……The thought that he was all alone…The thought that he would never be perfect someone who Kyungsoo wants. It was harder to breath as seconds went by, sitting there and watching so he hurriedly attempted to grab the crutches nearby  to walk away.

 

Instead, he tripped doing right at the moment Kyungsoo who was muttering  on the phone "Yeah,right. Me too." with a laugh, came in.

 

"Jongin, what are you doing!? What happened!?" Kyungsoo exclaimed and kneeled down beside Jongin to help him. "Are you--are you okay!?" Panic was obvious in his voice as he held Jongin's arm to help him up. But the latter slapped his hand away harshly.

 

"Don’t touch me. Don’t”

 

 

 

A/N- An update!!!!! at this point, I think you guys might be frustrated about where this story is going....haha....

AND fjkksfjksdhfkjf. I am super well fed with so many moments of Kaisoo from elyxion dot!!!!!!!!!!