050

You And Only You

Kyungsoo's eyes moved back from his silent phone  to the TV screen with a loud sigh. About more thab 2 weeks.. Not that he had been counting but it had been that long that  Jongin stopped replying his last text. It was nothing big. That was what he told himself. They both started texting casually for like 3 days after Jongin first hit him up with a simple Hey.

But now,Kyungsoo had been cut off. Like how he wanted,he added.

The variety show which Kyungsoo randomply put on TV was still playing when his mind wandered to the earlier chat with Chanyeol.
The taller of the two suddenly called him up yesterday asking questions about whether he had been in contact with Jongin because the latter had been not in touch with him for a long time which made him worried.

He was still in his worried thoughts about Jongin when the doorbell chimed.

"Oh" Kyungsoo's lips turned an O shape when he saw a familiar intimidating man standing right in front of his apartment.

"Kyungsoo-sshi." Yi Fan's face was pale and rid of the straight face which he always put on.

"Urm.. please come in." The tall male nodded and took a long stride into his living room.

"Urm..Listen,Kyungsoo-sshi. I would like to ask you a favour." He shifted on his legs uncomfortably. His apartment suddenly seemed so small with Yi Fan with his enornous height standing here.

"It's about Jongin." Kyungsoo's heart took a turn at it. "He..He has been kinda locking himself up." Kyungsoo fell back on the couch.

"What?" Hr asked.

"It has been over a week. I had access to his apartment since it was not locked. That--that time he didn't utter a word and stayed in his room all day although at least he ate." YiFan took a seat in front of him. "But I went there today to find the door locked and I have tried everything I know of for the passcode with no success at all." He said with a grief expression.

"What--what happened so suddenly? I thought he was fine" Kyungsoo was confused.

"I don't know what happened but all he did was work these days and he had got so much thinner. I feel like he was putting so much pressure on himself for some reason.. So please,Kyungsoo-sshi,you have to help me! He was...he was like a family member to me.." It was the first time Kyungsoo seeing that much expression displayed on the man. 

"Do not worry about Mr.Kim! I will take care of it. Please. Just please help Jongin. Even if you don't know the code to his apartment,he might open up if he--if he heard your voice!" Kyungsoo was obviously conflicted for the deal he made with Jongin's father  would not only affect him but also the ones he dearly loved too.

"I--" he hesitated.

"Please."  He stared at the taller male's face for a while before he finally nodded. "Okay."

                                        ▪▪▪

His hands were shaking as he tried to type in the numbers what he think would open the door.

"I can't-- I can't!" He said frustratingly after he tried Jongin's birthday, his birthday and so much.Yi Fan stood helplessly beside. Kyungsoo sighed deeply as he rubbed his temple,squeezing the hell out of his brain to guess what numbers Jongin would have for the passcode before a thought lit up.

With hesitation,he pressed "8812". 
Back to their college days, Jongin used to play football and his jersy  number was 88. And just because of that, the tanned male decided thatKyungsoo's number would be 12 because 88+12 is 100 which,according to Jongin, means Kyungsoo completed Jongin. It was cliche and sappy but it used to get Kyungsoo blushing so hard.

He couldn't believe it. He unlocked the door with it! With the uncertain thoughts about whether Jongin had recoverd his memories fully or else reason of why he had this as the passcode,they both bursted into the apartment.

Jongin's new apartment was much smaller than the previous one and this was the first time Kyungsoo was here. Hr didn't have much time to look around as hr heard a very loud thud coming from one of the rooms.

Running,he headed for the room which he thought was where the sound came from, with YiFan behind him.

"Jongin!" He found the said man on the floor,clenching his one knee with both hands with a extreme pained expression.

"Hold on! Yifan,please--please call the doctor!" Kyungsoo shouted. He was panicking hard as Jongin groaned loudly and his head fell onto the older's shoulder.

"Please hold on." He whispered as he patted Jongin's hair continuously with his other arm around the latter's shoulder.

                                         ▪▪▪

"How is he?" Yifan asked as soon as the doctor  came out of the room.  Kyungsoo realized he must be one of Sehun's collegue as he often saw him together with the latter at the hospital back then.

"His ankle is twisted and abit swollen now. It needs an extra care. Moreover, he has a bit of a fever too." He said with,pursing his lips.

"I will come again to check on him" He left the young doctor with the tall male as he swiftly walked into Jongin's room.

YiFan was right. Jongin had gotten alot thinner. Kyungsoo felt stupid to think that the young man was doing very well as he saw him getting more successful with his face on almost every billboards or posters. 

His hand naturally moved to swipe away the starnds of dark brown hair far from his eyes.
Kyungsoo sighed as the questions of what was happening with Jongin swam in his head.

"I need to go now." Yifan came in,clutching his phone tightly. "Mr.Kim is calling. I will take care of him. Kyungsoo-sshi,please,just take care of Jongin. He needs you very much right now."

Kyungsoo bit his lips,unable to decide of what to do.

But in the end,he nodded.

                                             ▪▪▪

Jongin was still in deep slumber when Kyungsoo had done wiping Jongin's body and changing his clothes which were all sweaty. He felt like his face was going to explode doing that but he finished doing it anyway.

After that, Kyungsoo decided to make chicken broth for Jongin to eat when he woke up. Which he did as Kyungsoo saw him trying to sit up on the bed when Kyungsoo,who was satisfied after making delicious chicken broth,came in.

"You are awake!" Kyungsoo exclaimed in both delight and worries. Jongin glanced at him with wide eyes before they both turned hard.

"What are you doing here?" His voice came out raspy yet cold nontheless. "How did you even get in here?" He added even before Kyungsoo could open his mouth.

"I..I guessed the passcode right.." He said softly. "You are injured again,Jongin." He walked near the younger who was not facing him. The younger didn't say anything. Only a while a soft mumblings came out of him."I don't need you here." 

"U need someone nontheless." Kyungsoo tried to reply casually. "So....you-you have your memories all back?" He asked anxiously
 The younger glanced at him before looking away with a scoff.

"Yeah. And what difference does that make?" Kyungsoo was out of words and Jongin's words had squeezed his heart so much that he felt like he couldn't breath.

"Please leave. I want to rest." The older  just nodded.

Out of the room, Kyungsoo convinced himself that this was how he wanted things to be. For Jongin to move on. For him to have a successful life with a happy family,but just not with him because he could never grant him all that.

However,in the room, drops of tears fell freely on the pillow and Jongin didn't bother to wipe it away anymore.

                                        ▪▪▪

*2 weeks earlier*
 
Jongin groaned as he clenched his aching head in both hands. He tried to pick up phone in front to call Sehun with everything blurry,he knocked things up. He dialed the number with tremblibg hands only to get into the voice mail instead.

"Sehun...Please. please call me back." He fell back on the couch, eyes shut tight from intense pain.

In that moment, every moments came back hitting him like wild waves. Everything about Kyungsoo. His teary face. Their last date. And lastly, the conversation he overheard before the accident.

He suddenly stood up, all these headache no more a bother to him anymore. Because Kyungsoo. He gotta meet him.

People on the way gave him weird looks as he ran out of the apartment with his car key, laughing like a mad man all the way out. But he did not care for he was going to Kyungsoo to tell everything.

                                      ▪▪▪

Jongin halted to stop when he finally got to the floor where Kyungsoo's apartment was. He quickly took out of his phone only to style his messy hair here and there and put back the phone with a satisfied yet sheepish grin.

He took cheerful long strides but stopped again when he was about to turn the corner. But not for the same reason. It was the two familiar people in front of him. And what they were doing. 

Junmyeon had his one caressing Kyungsoo's cheek when the other one coiled around the waist. And he had his lips pressed on Kyungsoo's. They both had nor noticed his presence at all.

And Kim Jongin just felt like his whole world had crumbled down into pieces.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N- hello! I am back again..after a long time )): Hope you will continue supporting this story. Waiting flr the cmts! Love u all!!