049

You And Only You

"I don't know--One second,I was running after him and calling out and then--and then he just ran off to the sea! I..I didn't know what he was up to until I saw him dragging a boy in his arms. Then I called out for help. It was so terrible--The waves were really big and it was holding hin back then he disappeared into the water when he put the boy onto the beach safely! Oh,I don't know...It's just all terrible!" After her long explanation, Hana started weeping and Junmyeon just patted on Hana's back continuously as in comforting gesture.

They all were currently standing outside Jongin's room,who accorring to Hana, was unconscious. 

"They safety guards--they were gonna take him to hospital but then he started breathing normally so they brought him back here..They told me not to worry and he will wake up soon  but...but....." She trailed off with an obvious hint of worry in her tone.

"I am sure he will wake up soon. Let's wait patiently,okay?" Chanyeol reassured Hana who just nodded back slowly.

All this time Kyungsoo just stood by the side,clenching his fists so hard and calming down his heart which had not stop beating so fast after Junmyeon broke this new.

Kyungsoo just wanted to see Jongin.So requested,he did.

"Can I...Can I see him?" Everyone was kinda taken back because this was the first time him speaking up softly.

Hana looked hesitant,biting her lips.But she agreed nontheless. "Okay."

And he finally did see him. It reminded Kyungsoo of the first time he saw him on the hospital bed that he started to feel so suffocated.  Kyungsoo just wanted to hold his hand or any ways to check Jongin was still here. Because he didn't want to lose Jongin second time. 

"I am thinking to stay the night here in case you know,if he wakes up." Junmyeon turned to look at her, Kyungsoo's eyes still unmoved from Jongin.

"I think you should rest,Hana. You said you feel sick before and now you look rather pale." Hana seemed to be in thought about what he just said. "But....someone needs to be with him."

"I will." Kyungsoo spoke with a cracked voice.

"But..." Hesitation again displayed in her brown eyes.

"Yeah.Kyungsoo will take care of it. You rest for today. Is it okay,Kyungsoo?" Chanyeol cut in with a reassuring smile. Kyungsoo just nodder.

 

And that was how Kyungsoo ended up sitting on a chair right beside Jongin's bed (Deja Vu?).

It was about half an hour kater that Kyungsoo's eyes widened in worries when Jongin suddenly started whimpering, sweat slowly forming on his forehead.

"Jongin. Jongin. I'm here." He said as he wiped the sweat away, now sitting half on the bed. His hand automatically moved to hold onto Jongin's. "I'm here,Jongin." 

Kyungsoo suddenly teared up, now holding Jongin's hand with both of his. "I'm here now,Jongin ah." 


"Kyungsoo hyung? Hyung?" Kyungsoo heard a voice when he realized he had fallen asleep while sitting on the floow with his head in his hands on the bed with one of them still holding Jongin's loosely.He rosed up, ignoring the pain in his neck.

"You are finally awake!" He exclaimed with a big smile when he saw Jongin who was now sitting up with a confused expression.

"What--where am I?" He asked,rubbing his temple.

"We are at the beach, don't you remember?" The clock on the wall was showing 6:00 am. 

"Right..Right." Kyungsoo was surprised by the strange expression on younger male's face. Jongin just looked....different.

Jongin was staring at him quite intently before Kyungsoo couldn't take it anymore. He stood up and that was when he realized he was still holding Jongin's hand. 
"I'm--I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." He referred to their.hands. "I will--I will go get Hana now." Only a soft voice coming out from him, Kyungsoo avoiding the tanned male's eyes and hoping Jongin didn't notice his reddened cheeks.

"Why?" Jongin asked quite calmly which made older male felt stranger,suddebly not letting go of Kyungsoo's hands.

"To tell her that you are awake now." He muttered,trying to wriggle out of Jongin's hands. However, instead of that, Jongin held Kyungsoo's hand back tighter.

"Stay." He said firmly.

"Jongin." Kyungsoo begged. "Let go. Hana was really worried." He was starting to be scared by the shift in Jongin's personality. It was almost like Jongin remembered.
For a moment the tanned male did nothing but stared at him but then he clenched his jaws hard, finally letting him go.

And Kyungsoo did take the chance to get away from him and to calm down his pounding heart.

 


And Hana saw Jongin staring at nothing when she came im excitedly at the news of him waking up. She didn't expect him to welcome her warmly and all but he only answered shortly of what she asked and never looked at her. She realized more that she held no place in his heart when he  finally did ask one thing.
"Where is Kyungsoo hyung?" 

 


"Are you sure you can drive,Jongin?" Chanyeol asked,squinting his eyes to look at him due to the bright sun. Jongin nodded as he put the last bag on the back of his car.

"Yep!"

"Are you feeling okay?" Chanyeol asked with geniune concern.

"Yeah. Of course. Why?" The taller male looked unsure.

"I don't know...You just look...different." Jongin smiled a little.

"I'm fine. I took some pills with the advice of our wise Sehun. So don't worry." Chanyeol nodded hesitantly. 

"So I'm gonna go check whether I left anything in my room." He patted his friend's shoulder and walked past him.

 


It was about seeing Kyungsoo than checking his room actually. Jongin took time to walk in front of his room just to finally see him carrying out his own luggage.

"Let me help you." He ran to him and took the luggage with no hesitation. Kyungsoo's eyes widened in surprise when the other just took it easily from him.

"Wait,Jongin! I can do it" His attempt to take it back apparently failed.

"It's fine. And .....thank you for last night. Hana said you were with me the whole night." The older male's ear turned red at his words which made Jongin smile secretly.

"And that's a brave thing you did yesterday,Jongin." Kyungsoo replied referring to how Jongin rescued the boy.

"How are you now?" Kyungsoo continued, glancing at the side profile of Jongin. His breath hitched to see Jongin's skin glowing under the bright sun and thay how he managed to look good like the old times.

"I'm feeling okay now. Maybe because I took a long rest." He answered casually. Kyungsoo nodded. And a comfortable silence fell between them as they walked although neither of them can hear each other's pounding heartbeats.

"Kyungsoo hyung." Kyungsoo turned to look at him, surprised as the younger male's suddenly sounded serious. And Kyungsoo saw something familar in his eyes. Jongin was looking at him with deep grief and uncertainty in his eyes.

"I..I think I have someone I love deeply before the accident,hyung. And--And  I am sure they feel the same" Kyungsoo's hands turned cold at this and confused at why Jongin suddenly brought up this matter.

"But I...Why do you think they never come find me,Kyungsoo hyung?" The answer caught up in Kyungsoo's throat and he couldn't bear to look into Jongin's eyes anymore.

"Maybe they can be beside you and you don't know about it." He answered honestly and a glint of hope flashed across Jongin's eyes.

"Or maybe....maybe they don't come forward because they feel like you two aren't meant to be." Jongin frowned at him, suddenly wearing a obvious pained expression.

"But--but why!?" He asked furiously,clenching his fist. And although it was a few seconds, Kyungsoo did see a old Jongin in front of him.

"People change,Jongin ah." He smiled sadly before taking his own baggage back,leaving Jongin all alone with his confusion and pains.

"Why are you doing this,hyung?.."

 

 

 

"So are you telling me that you remember everything now?" Sehun asked,sipping his coffee slowly. Jongin sighed frustratedly.

"Well,not everything. Parts of it. I remember about Kyungsoo hyung."

"Finally." Sehun cut in.

"And I..I remember about--" Jongin hesitated. "I remember about how he left me.But I don't remembee the rest of the days clearly....It's all confsuing" He muttered.

"It will take time,Jongin. But you will soon remember everything clearly." Sehun said slowly,watching his friend who was holding his head between his hands.

"I told you right!? He told me that people change,Sehun! And...And he doesn't even know about me getting my memories back." Sehun sighed.

"Maybe he has his own reasons." The tanned male looked up his friend with a hopeless expression.

"I think--I think he is in love with someone else now." Before his friend could reply something,Jongin cut in. "I think that person is Junmyeon hyung." 

"What the heck!?"Sehun now sat up straight,eyes widened.

"Why even!? Jongin,we both know that this is impossible!" Sehun exclaimed.

"I don't know,okay!? I guess Junmyeon hyung has a thing for Kyungsoo but I don't know how feels!" Sehun sighed deeply again.

"Jongin--"

"I hate him so much,Sehun." He said softly.

"We both know that you clearly don't." Sehun scoffed.

"You're right. That's the problem.I...I love him just so much and that's killing me. And I think it's all my fault. If I treated him right from the very start, things won't be this way now." Sehun now stood up to walk towards him friend, patting his shoulder rather awkwardly.

"Be patient,Jongin. I am sure things will turn all right soon." Jongin nodded.

"And I'm sorry but I have to go back to the hospital now. Don't forget to take the pills regularly okay? And have you met with your father?" Sehun suddenly stopped at the doorway to ask.

"No. Not yet. And I don't want to. I am sure he will pressure me about this whole marriage stuff." Jongin said gloomily, leaning on the wall.

"Okay. Anyway,take care. Call me if something happens." Jongin nodded and sighed slightly when he friend closed the door.

Everything happening right now made his head ache so bad. However,it couldn't compare to the aching in his heat whenever hr thought about Kyungsoo. Which was always.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N- so jongin got his memories back!?  ;))