Chapter 8.

"the boy"

 

 

Week passed and we were having fun doing chores at my house. Sometimes he would wait for me to finish work all day at the cafe. But, sometimes i wonder why he doesnt invite me at his place or asked me to do some chores with him at his place.. He is just too weird. And me being the usual me, didnt bother to ask.

 

..................

 

"Hey boy, wanna go get some drinks?" ,  "okay sure, but where to?" , "The place i work" i said. "Wait no! Its expensive!". "Dont worry you deserve it anyways!" i replied. He was about to grab his money from his pocket and i saw he was left with 10 and 20 cents. "Heyy you dont have to pay" i said softly. "What noo. Its okay, you might be thirsty so lets buy them quick!", "Who said im buying for myself?" i laughed as i answered. He looked confused but followed me.

I bought for him but he still felt bad because it was really expensive. "Is it nice?" i asked him. "Yaa here have some!" "No no, its yours! Finish it" i smiled. "Did i waste your money??" he asked. I chuckeled and replied "Hey dont worry, i worked here so i get a discount" He smiled this time but weirdly i didnt feel annoyed. 

"So what are the loser doing here? oh and with you Haerin." i heard laughter and big footsteps walking towards us. It was the school bully. He was annoying. He once asked me out. But i was to annoyed and disgust with a person like him.

I didnt respond to him and i asked the boy to ignore him as well. "Im talking to you!!" Yeon Do, the bully said while punching the boy on the stomach. "Go away Yeon Do. I dont need you making scene here" i said coldly. In reality, i cant even manage to help him. I stood there watching him getting punched everywhere. "Well this is what you get for not answering me" Yeon Do said, laughing as he punched the boy more. Yeon Do turn to look at me and said "why dont you answer for him instead??" while he grab my chin so that i was now facing him. "No! Do not lay a finger on her!!" the boy yelled at Yeon Do. I didnt know what to do. I was frozen. People around us were looking then a few of them tried to stop the fight. 

"Next time you loser.. and you haerin" Yeon Do said and left with his gang. I still didnt move an inch. I just looked at the boy. He was getting up slowly but weakly. "Okay that was weird" He said, chuckling "what the hell? he still managed to laugh?! he could have died!!" i thought to myself. I look at him and said, "you're just dumb arent you?" He stared at me dmbfounded and i continued "lets just go".  I was mad at myselft. We went home and i still couldnt believe this guy. Doesnt he feel pain at all?