Chapter 17.

"the boy"

 

 

Things breaking, things falling, things all over the place. I can heard them. These noises destroyed my night with curiosity as they were coming from  the boy house next door. Its late and there's no way he'll be sleep talking or any the dumb reasons he gave.

Suddenly i hear voices. Not just his voice but a few other ones. He had company, bad company. I stood in front of my door but did not come out of my aparment as i was too scared of what might happen. But something is happening to him. I heard it loud and clear. "What should i do?" i thought to myself. 

"Pleaseee, pleasee i beg, not today. Just not today" i heard him beg. Laughter, teaseful laughter is all i could hear after that. "who were they? i tried to thought about anyone i knew who might bully him but everyone bullies him in school.. 

"Lets go boys, you heard what the boy said right, just not today" i heard the anonnymous person said. I assume he is the leader of these bad hats. He then continued "if i come back and you dont pay me, you'll end up just like the others. Ohh and have some good memories with her. You dont want to regret anything do you?". Then their voices faded away.. They left. 

I wanted to run to him so badly and hug him tight and tell him that i'll be here, by his side and listen to whatever he has to say. But no, i couldnt and i wouldnt. Instead i stood at the door hearing everything. Suddenly.. i heard him cry. Crying like there's no one there for him but then i hear a voice.. a caring one.. a female voice. "Sweety, its okay. Send me to a place no one would know" i heard the later said. "I will never! I want to be with you, wherever you are! Dont worry about all this. It will stop. I'll take care of you. I promise mom" 

"MOM??!" i thought to myself shockly. He never told me anything though.. well, i never bother to ask right?

 

....................

 

I woke up to see a face that i fell in love with in front of me. He was there. "Hey there beautiful. Had a good sleep?" He smiled sweetly. "How can he look so calm and relaxed? How can he still come to me even after what happened? Doesnt he have to be with his mom?" all the thoughts running thru my mind. Then it hit me. Is this why he keeps on going back home every night even if its late? The day we went for a trip together.. he left me alone at night for awhile just to check up on his mom? 

He rushed back home and that's why he got those scarches on his arm and legs? It made sense now.. I solved a puzzle of him without asking. He missed school for his mom. He had to make sure i fall asleep so that he can go to his mom without leaving me questioning him. He had to keep me away from coming to his house. He had to keep a secret.. He had to protect his mom.

I didnt realise he was laughing untill he said "thinking something?" , "Em no. I wasnt" i said as i faked a smile on my face. "Alright then so what are we going to do today?" he asked. "I dont know, arent you busy?" , " Not for you" he said as he look at me smiling. I cant help but to smile, i decided to not let hom know that i overheard everything last night. "why dont we cook?" i asked him. "Huhh?? cook?" he shot me a confused look. "Yeah cook! Together! Its going to be fun!" i said as i drag him to the kitchen with a big smile.

 

                                                                                                                                                       

This chapter contains some important information so yeah Enjoy! :)